OBS-4 Diplomacy

metadigital

Rules, bleh! Im here to play, not concern myelf with petty things like.. rules..

:)"

Do you not trust brother jags?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm polishing off one of the final drafts now. In fact, due to the complexity of the rules and added load on the GM (especially pertaining to Dominion infiltration & Romulan interception), Mets & I were contemplating whether we should co-GM this one. I'm somewhat inclined to agree - well, at least until we've completed one full game, problem free. In such an event, my slot as the Federation will be vacated of course.

EDIT: There are a few features Mets & I were discussing, but I doubt I'll be able to incorporate them into the ruleset tonight, as I've yet to hear from him in about a week.

manthing2.jpg

The re-balance is almost complete.  I think you'll all find that the Ferengi are not quite as gimped anymore.  :D

Then I want them back.

Sure thing - I just need Meta to confirm that I haven't made them too powerful. :D

There is now a minor form of economic system in play, where the various powers will later have to dedicate SC to maintain the populace of their civilization. As the Ferengi have both military & trader units, they will be able earn all their profits from the latter. As such they won't incur such penalties.

Futhermore, they have other abilites which will be revealed to you shortly...

manthing2.jpg

Hi everyone; I am having a nightmare with my internet connectivity, so I have been spending all my free time troubleshooting my lovely router instead of more fun things.

I'll be back with a vengence soon, and I appreciate your flexibility.

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 3 weeks later...

Just reading and collating all the fine work that has been done Jags on the rule system. It's NOT a simple game, and the administration is about as complex as Diplomacy is compared to chess, compared to Diplomacy ... for example, each player will get their own map, because most players will not be able to see most players; and lots of other non-trivial gymnastics ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

But we will be playing? :)) ..we could just do a "dumb" version where everyone could see what everyone was doing otherwise :)

...although I believe that would negate some players "special 1337 p0warz" :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just reading and collating all the fine work that has been done Jags on the rule system. It's NOT a simple game, and the administration is about as complex as Diplomacy is compared to chess, compared to Diplomacy ... for example, each player will get their own map, because most players will not be able to see most players; and lots of other non-trivial gymnastics ...

are you wearing a pink leotard?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

But we will be playing? :))  ..we could just do a "dumb" version where everyone could see what everyone was doing otherwise ;)

...although I believe that would negate some players "special 1337 p0warz" :lol:

I've actually had my side ruleset done a couple weeks ago. Meta said he'd get back to me...but if you guys want to have an early glance, I suppose that's okay (although it would probably be better to wait for Meta). :luck:

manthing2.jpg