ARGH! I get this screen everytime...

kumquatq3

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_mail_queue (mail_to,mail_date,mail_subject,mail_content) VALUES('emges@web.de',1125507628,'Forum Subscription New Topic Notification','Hallo Revan Solo!

Diese EMail kommt vom Forum \\'Obsidian Forum Community\\' - und m

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It happens to me too everytime I start a new thread. Not when I only post messages (replies or original messages), but new threads. All I do then is follow the tiny blue link on that page and it returns me to the forum index I last was in.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just got it in the Other Games section, here's the screen's words...

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_mail_queue (mail_to,mail_date,mail_subject,mail_content) VALUES('emges@web.de',1125622281,'Forum Subscription New Topic Notification','Hallo Revan Solo!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm certain, just in case it's in question, that your post DOES go through when you get the screen. Everytime for me, at least.

I have always found my posts to go through, it is just strange that the screen comes up at all. And I do know that GM has been looking into this, so the more info we can figure out the better, since it is a case circumstances that causes the error screen.

Nope. Here is my error (new thread in Computer & Console):

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_mail_queue (mail_to,mail_date,mail_subject,mail_content) VALUES('emges@web.de',1125727458,'Forum Subscription New Topic Notification','Hallo Revan Solo!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm contacting GM on this issue.  I'll do my best to solve it ASAP.

At least you've got some good skillz in this area, Shadow.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nope. Here is my error (new thread in Computer & Console):

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_mail_queue (mail_to,mail_date,mail_subject,mail_content) VALUES('emges@web.de',1125727458,'Forum Subscription New Topic Notification','Hallo Revan Solo!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

happened to me today twice. has happened in the past. Am using Firefox, if that helps.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The error message is from a mailing script.

This means "create a list (called ibf_mail_queue)" of lines, each line has "mail_to", "mail_date", "mail_subject" and "mail_content".

Possible Issues:

• there is a problem with the index, so that whenever it tries to create this list and it gets to REVAN SOLO the corruption makes it exit with this message,
  • there is a write lock on the REVAN SOLO (tuple) record, so that it cannot be read (must be a problem, because the record shouldn't be write locked this length of time),
  • The entire index is corrupt, and REVAN SOLO is the first account in (possibly reverse-) alphabetical order that has a "notify on new topic" configuration,
  • REVAN SOLO might have a weird character in his account name that causes the mail program to exit with an error, OR
  • The "notify on new topic" subroutine is bugged.

So, facts are:

• it is an intermittent problem,
  • always gets stuck on REVAN SOLO

Next step: Examine the notifyOnNewTopic routine.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Look at what the error is saying. In the tabel ibf_mail_queue, the following entries are being made:

emges@web.de into mailto, 1125873094 into mail_date, Forum Subscription New Topic Notification into mail_subject, and Hallo Revan Solo into mail_content.

Somehow, the forum thinks Revan Solo is subscribed to the whole forum which in an of itself is wonky. Next, the syntax error is pretty simple. The endquote and end parenthesis is missing, so SQL cannot process the query.

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_mail_queue (mail_to,mail_date,mail_subject,mail_content) VALUES('emges@web.de',1125873094,'Forum Subscription New Topic Notification','Hallo Revan Solo!

Look at what the error is saying.  In the tabel ibf_mail_queue, the following entries are being made:

emges@web.de into mailto, 1125873094 into mail_date, Forum Subscription New Topic Notification into mail_subject, and Hallo Revan Solo into mail_content.

Somehow, the forum thinks Revan Solo is subscribed to the whole forum which in an of itself is wonky.  Next, the syntax error is pretty simple.  The endquote and end parenthesis is missing, so SQL cannot process the query.

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO ibf_mail_queue (mail_to,mail_date,mail_subject,mail_content) VALUES('emges@web.de',1125873094,'Forum Subscription New Topic Notification','Hallo Revan Solo!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT