ARGH! I get this screen everytime...

kumquatq3

First it insults you in german, then it apologises in english.

You are doomed :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It is just a database error, when there are too many simultaneous requests for the server to handle, it bounces some out without knowing the exact state of the write transaction (whether it succeeded or not).

In my experience, it has succeeded. The server just isn't sure.

You can either post topics when the fora are less busy, send off a check to Obsidian to upgrade their server farm and forum software, or ignore it.

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It is just a database error, when there are too many simultaneous requests for the server to handle, it bounces some out without knowing the exact state of the write transaction (whether it succeeded or not).

You can either post topics when the fora are less busy, send off a check to Obsidian to upgrade their server farm and forum software, or ignore it.

:thumbsup:

all well and good, but I can't remember NOT getting it. Hence, It's not a "peak hours" thing.

:ermm:

Obsidian is aware of it. I know this because Fionavar and I have pointed it out to Admin. We both get it from time to time, but we have found that our posts go through even when we get it.

Also, we tend to get that at strange times, so I don't think it is a peak hour thing.

If other people are getting it, make sure to let us know. For a while, Fionavar and I thought it was only the mods who were getting that error.

Also, I haven't noticed it to happen consistantly. If someone gets it everytime, then we probably have something else to look into.

I think it just happens when he makes a new thread.

Right

I can't remember getting when I post just normal

I've also been getting this thing on longish posts where my "commands" like quotes, img, size and color stop functioning all together for that post. Example:

I type:

Hi[/quote.] (without the periods)

and when I hit post it doesn't follow the command, it just displays it as above. This is on every command in that post.

It is also a frequent occurance

This often happens to me, also. The topic still posts, though, so I haven't worried about it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have got maybe 5 times. Each time when posting a new topic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I get it whenever I post a new topic as well. In fact, I seem to remember having gotten it (though less frequently) last year also.

Also, Im guessing the reason for the Revan Solo item is that was the first topic (You will notice the error message references a topic named 'Hallo Revan Solo.') to cause a problem, and has been a holdover for every similar error message since. I would suggest looking into the above topic, and see if any problems can be discovered there.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I get it whenever I post a new topic as well. In fact, I seem to remember having gotten it (though less frequently) last year also.

Also, Im guessing the reason for the Revan Solo item is that was the first topic  (You will notice the error message references a topic named 'Hallo Revan Solo.') to cause a problem, and has been a holdover for every similar error message since. I would suggest looking into the above topic, and see if any problems can be discovered there.

At least we are narrowing the issue down to being when people start new threads. - that is probably why they mods don't get it frequently - since they close threads more than start them. :shifty:

At first glance it looks like the mail system is having problems sending e-mail post notifications to a user.  I've analyzed and repaired the SQL tables, but no errors were found.  It may be something else which we're looking in to.

If they are new topics, then there shouldn't be too many people being sent emails, as there are no posts to which this new post is a reply to, so the email notification should be triggered for mods / devs (those who want to know about new topics). If the index of the table was corrupt, then that would cause the error, so re-indexing would solve that (hopefully: might have to discard the index and create a new one from scratch).

Secondly, I get the error infrequently (I got it today), but not always when starting a new topic, sometimes when replying, too. And not always when posting a new topic, sometimes it posts normally.

:devil:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Try and get a copy of the error message. I say this because I think it is always the same, but someone earlier suggested it changed. (Just copy and paste into Notepad, or similar, then paste it here.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT