To what music are you listening right now?

Baley

Frank Black - Two Spaces.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Limbonic Art - From the shades of hatred

What a freakin' riff. Wow.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^teh goodness

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Ah, aye. Though I consider Load to be the start of gayness. Black was okay still.

Limbonic Art - The Ultimate Death Worship

Seriously, name a metal song title more hilarious than that. Try.

kirottu said:

My two cents:

Metallica didn't "go gay" by using pedal steel or writing softer stuff for Load and Reload. Yes, those albums were bad, but it was because most of the songs were boring and forgettable, not because they weren't thrashfests. Some of the better songs were slower (Bleeding Me and Until it Sleeps come to mind).

St. Anger is possibly the worst album I have ever heard, and it had plenty of "thrash" to it. It was a vain attempt to recapture the fan base which considered them softies and left them. Apparently, Lars & co. thought by playing longer songs really fast they could recall Master of Puppets-era greatness. They must have forgotten that for that to work, you need interesting songs. So to those who whined and whined about how Metallica went soft, partial blame goes to you for the atrocity that is St. Anger.

I remember my first reaction to St. Anger:

"Did Kirk quit the band too?"

Also, that review of Pavement pretty much nails the indie-rock scene. There were plenty of indie-scenesters at my college, and what an incestuous group they were. It was hard as hell to get a gig at the punk/indie club in town for my old band, although we could play at another bar twice a week if we wanted. I always said it was because we washed our hair too often. Maybe we needed bigger black frames for our glasses. Or maybe we weren't skinny enough.

My favorite Pavement album is Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (although I think repeating the title is quite unneccessary).

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Interesting thoughts, Drabek. hmmmm :Eldar's looking thoughtful as he tries to wake up in the morning icon:

Oh, I'm listening to the computer hum in my sister and brother-in-law's guest bedroom.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My two cents:

Metallica didn't "go gay" by using pedal steel or writing softer stuff for Load and Reload. Yes, those albums were bad, but it was because most of the songs were boring and forgettable, not because they weren't thrashfests. Some of the better songs were slower (Bleeding Me and Until it Sleeps come to mind).

Should I have used "ghey", instead. I have no problem if bands go soft, as long as their music stays good. :)

Like Oprhaned Land, for instance:

OL - Beloveds Cry

Morning, Eldar.

kirottu said:

My favorite Pavement album is Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain (although I think repeating the title is quite unneccessary).

I like Pavement as well. My favorite song has to be Summer Babe (winter Version). I watched them live once. Interesting band. I made eye contact with the bass player for about half a minute.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

In Metallica's defense, I got St. Anger a while before it came out and put it on and everyone liked it, then when they found out it was Metallica they were all like 'teh suck!' Everybody expects so much from Metallica it's almost no wonder they're disappointed.

Not me, oh no, I always preferred Iron Maiden.

Tool - Parabola

What can you expect from Metallica anymore?

They haven't released a decent record since the black album(which I consider the starting point of the decline due to the ballads,which they said they'll never do,of course you could say the same about One and the first video).

The band seem interested in making Radio\MTV friendly metal these days.

The old Metallica is dead.RIP.

Immortal - Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms <-- Hilarious title :D

As for Metallica, they simply went from young, intoxicated and inspiring to old, sober and boring.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy