How to open the console?

I have the International Version of Kotor II, and I wanted to open the console, but it doesn't work. I added the lines EnableCheats=1 and Enable Console=1 in my kotor2.ini, but still it doesn't work. I don't know which key I have to press, so I tried everything. Still nothing.

I think I've got it. My character can't move until I press Enter.

But the problem lies elsewhere. Because I don't get my activation code of Team Gizka (they got new forum), I can't ask people there, so I'll ask here. Does someone follow the progress of the Sion Vs. Nihilus scene. Because I decided to try it (It's not final). You can download the files from the Gizka Forum. Darkwarrior (from Gizka Forum) says that you have to put the mod file in the modules (obviously), but there's another file, an NSS file. I don't know what to do with it. So I also put it in modules. Now the only thing I had to do was type "warp nih". But it doesn't work.

Any idea what went wrong?

I think I've got it. My character can't move until I press Enter.

But the problem lies elsewhere. Because I don't get my activation code of Team Gizka (they got new forum), I can't ask people there, so I'll ask here. Does someone follow the progress of the Sion Vs. Nihilus scene. Because I decided to try it (It's not final). You can download the files from the Gizka Forum. Darkwarrior (from Gizka Forum) says that you have to put the mod file in the modules (obviously), but there's another file, an NSS file. I don't know what to do with it. So I also put it in modules. Now the only thing I had to do was type "warp nih". But it doesn't work.

Any idea what went wrong?

the .nss file is just an uncompiled source script. It's not necessary for the mod to work.

Though I honestly can't tell you what would be wrong with the .mod file, since you've placed it in the Modules folder, you've already bypassed the most common mistake some people have.. hehehe....

Is it (the actual file) named nih.mod?

The only other thing I can think of is if there is more than one file (which I assume there is since you said there's also an .nss file)... is to make sure to put all the 'other' files in your override directory. Only the .mod file goes in the Modules folder...

(and forgive me if you already knew this... just wanting to make sure) :)

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

I didn't know what to do with the nss file so I just put it together with the mod file :p . Thanks for the info.

There was a previous version of the mod with more files, but I downloaded the latest one. Maybe I need those files for the mod to work, but I don't know what I have to do with the latest nih.mod.

I think the problem is opening the console. I said that when I press 2 keys (note: 2!), my character doesn't move (if I use the arrows), like I read on a topic in this forum. But when I try a code, it doesn't work.

I press Alt Gr + the key next to backspace. I can still move my character, but when I press the key above Tab, my character can't move. I don't know if I have triggered the console now, or not...

Edit: Apparantly, I can press on any key after the first combo (Alt Gr + ...) and the character can't move. Finally it worked, it seems I have to press on backspace once to delete the key I had pressed (For ex: First I press Alt Gr + the key next to backspace. Then I press on 4, and my character can't move. So now I have to delete the 4 into my (invisible) console with backspace and finally I can type a cheat.) I have the international version of the game, so people who have the US-versions only have to press the tilde-key (from what I have heard). For the international version you have to add two line in kotor2.ini (look for my first post in this topic). But everyone knew that already I think, so I won't bother you guys again. (For the moment :p" :- )