best improvements

what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?

• the planets (comparing the best of k1&k2)
    • item creation system, jedi robes, upgrade items
    • features and force powers
    • the party (the background stories)
    • solo missions (freedon nadd's tomb, rescue on g0t0's yacht, mira/hanharr in the jek'jek tar)
    • the story in general
    • the mentor
    • having apprentices
    • the role of the jedi council
    • the answers for the "surreal" stuff (comparing bastila's fall, revan's path, the wounds in the force...)

But they have little to say and are generally poorly developed. Visas or Handmaiden are interesting concepts and nothing more...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I don't think party members in K2 were any better than K1. Some of them were interesting ideas with too little dialogue, or, in Kreia's case, way too much dialogue. In K1, I liked: Bastila, Carth, Canderous, HK-47, Jolee Bindo. Mission and Zaalbar were pretty good. Juhani was okay, and T3 had no personality.

In K2:

Kreia - well-developed, but self-contradicting and way too annoying. :blink:

Atton - character wasn't really deep at all. His whole premise was just someone who had done some bad things in the past and wanted to atone for them. (LS)

Visas - was a cool concept, but had very little to say. Wasted potential.

Mira - sort of well-written. More wasted potential.

GO-TO - interesting character, but boring and useless.

Handmaiden - liked her, but she had very little backstory, not very deep.

Canderous - a K1 character, really had no further development.

HK-47 - another K1 character, he actually was a step down from his K1 self.

T3 - really improved (he actually had a personality) and more useful.

Bao-Dur - decent character and useful.

I don't think party members in K2 were any better than K1.  Some of them were interesting ideas with too little dialogue, or, in Kreia's case, way too much dialogue.  In K1, I liked: Bastila, Carth, Canderous, HK-47, Jolee Bindo.  Mission and Zaalbar were pretty good.  Juhani was okay, and T3 had no personality. 

In K2:

Kreia - well-developed, but self-contradicting and way too annoying.  ;)

Atton - character wasn't really deep at all.  His whole premise was just someone who had done some bad things in the past and wanted to atone for them.  (LS)

Visas - was a cool concept, but had very little to say.  Wasted potential.

Mira - sort of well-written.  More wasted potential.

GO-TO - interesting character, but boring and useless.

Handmaiden - liked her, but she had very little backstory, not very deep.

Canderous - a K1 character, really had no further development.

HK-47 - another K1 character, he actually was a step down from his K1 self.

T3 - really improved (he actually had a personality) and more useful.

Bao-Dur - decent character and useful.

In some ways, having Atris apart from Kreia left the Exile someone to interact with as a last person, particularly when Kreia abandons the PC. The difference between being abandoned in K2 and K1 is that Kreia leaves voluntarily and Bastila in K1 leaves herself in the line of fire to deal with Malak and act as a diversion for the PC (Revan). Betrayal and sacrifice respectively.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

But they have little to say and are generally poorly developed. Visas or Handmaiden are interesting concepts and nothing more...

You're thinking with the wrong head..... :)"

:rolleyes: Is it? Visas only says "my life for yours" and baodur "yes general" END DIALOG

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I really enjoyed the solo missions. The were quite fun. In KotOR I the only such mission is on Leviathan(wrong spelling) when a party member has to free you.

The new workench system was quite good. Turning some party members was a good addition to the game too.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

You're thinking with the wrong head..... :)"

:rolleyes: Is it? Visas only says "my life for yours" and baodur "yes general" END DIALOG

The former seems to suggest involuntary sacrifice. The latter tends to imply a sense of inferiority/obedience. (One of either)

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

One thing that K2 certainly has which K1 does not have is visual effects, provided you had a graphics card that could run it smoothly and with high resolution and a few other parts of hardware.

Example: Battle Meditation

star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20040913024335444.jpg

One of the Force Powers to use dual colours together for simultaneous effect on party characters and opposing sides.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The only force power that I can think of as being neither totally redundant nor entirely useful is Force Body. Not too sure why OE gave it to LS Force powers. Contradicting in a way. Seems to be more like a universal force power.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

It would have been interesting to see Kreia wielding a double-bladed lightsaber instead of having one of her hands cut off in the confrontation with Sion on the Harbinger, especially in the final confrontation on Malachor V instead of being chased by her three floating purple lightsabers.

Kriea with double-bladed lightsaber:

star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords-20041130072323077.jpg

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The robe improvements. Definetly. I couldn't stand the "robes" in K1. They were terrible.

Though I also like the ability to get to insanely high levels.

Yeah, getting to high levels is fun. It adds more customization and difficulty to the game. The robes didn't bother me one way or the other, usually I use armor most of K1 and I feel the "robes" of K2 aren't physically desireable; they're kind of ugly. :lol:"

I would like them to mix the two. the K1 robes seemed more like the fighting regalia that you see in the movies while the K2 robes were for everything else.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jedi Masters and I think Sith Lords were the classes that allowed the characters of the PC to have quicker shifts toward either DS or LS extremes.

The only thing was that those characters only had one Jedi class with a non-Jedi class, so only bonuses from their Jedi class added to one attribute of characters, and some of them started as non-Jedi.

(Wherelse the Exile gets a double cumulative bonus for having Jedi and prestige classes together)

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Kreia interrupting the Council's immobilisation of the Exile was not really something that allowed the story to flow smoothly from that point onwards in the game.

Edited by Battlewookiee

Deep from within...

朱宣澧