best improvements

what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?

• the planets (comparing the best of k1&k2)
    • item creation system, jedi robes, upgrade items
    • features and force powers
    • the party (the background stories)
    • solo missions (freedon nadd's tomb, rescue on g0t0's yacht, mira/hanharr in the jek'jek tar)
    • the story in general
    • the mentor
    • having apprentices
    • the role of the jedi council
    • the answers for the "surreal" stuff (comparing bastila's fall, revan's path, the wounds in the force...)

crazy? put spoiler before your write somthing like that in your post next time, it's simple type spoiler in brackets and when your done type /spoiler

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They improved the graphics? what are you smoking?

yup, graphics were pretty much the same. And actually, I think the environments were better in K1 than K2.

But they must have improved them...they ran slower! :huh:

that just means that you turned your graphics card into granola.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I liked the fact that you could become alot more powerful in KOTOR 2. My Sith Lord was so cool, frying everything in sight with force storm. :p

I also prefered the way the games saves are stored, it was alot easier to find the character I wanted to play(I have 2 brothers, and they both play KOTOR alot, with about 4 profiles each, and I have about 10 profiles)

Yeah what ignis said you were given alot for juice to create destruction :rolleyes:

But it also made the game way easy

I wish we would of oncovered even more info on Revan' disapperance and show alot more Bastilla

I didn't mind the jedi council but not enough interaction either kill now or kill later :(

They improved the graphics? what are you smoking?

the video quality was way better in k1 (though i believe they fixed this, i'm not sure), in-game graphic was improved both artistically and technically, still some issues persisted from k1 and other gcard issues came up in k2

The robes and the influence system (even if it needs a bit of work, I still liked it and noticed K1 lacking when talking to my companions). Better use of skills, better graphics (IMO), and better NPC party members.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To put it simply, i really thought the best improvement overall was the new storyline, i thought it kept me so much more engrossed, and interested in the story too, just as a good game should, although the obvious bugs and such still bugged me ((w00t)) and kinda ruined the game.

Think about this, since female characters can meditate with Disciple,

and since the PC is alone in the final part of K2

, I would say that force powers like Force forms would compensate for that.

Spoiler tags added -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

To put it simply, i really thought the best improvement overall was the new storyline, i thought it kept me so much more engrossed, and interested in the story too, just as a good game should, although the obvious bugs and such still bugged me ((w00t)) and kinda ruined the game.

Hmm...for me, the story of K2 was a step down from K1. I found it confusing and simply boring in some parts. :)

I considere that K2's storyline was more envolving and interesting in the first and middle part of the game, until you solve the four planets' problems. K1 was the opposite, the storyline interested more after the revelation at the Leviathan.

And obviously, all the cut content and those things ruin the game, even more if we remember the glorious ending of K1.

The apprentice has learned his final lesson.

I voted for "the answers for the 'surreal' stuff." I would have voted for the item creation and upgrades and stuff because in KotOR 1, by the end of the game there were just not enough energy projectors, vibration cells, durasteel bonding alloys, scopes, beam splitters, underlays, and overlays to go around. But you better believe there were more than enough hair triggers, by cracky. I liked the idea of adding more than just crystals to your lightsaber. The lenses, emitters, and energy cells really made a lot of sense. And I also liked the idea of being able to decide what enhancements I can make to the armor, instead of adding a generic underlay and overlay and they add different things to different pieces of armor. And I also like that there was more upgradeable stuff, like the ranged and melee weapons and the armor. I like being able to upgrade justa about everything in the game. But I didn't vote for that because I like to keep things simple. While it was nice being to create any upgrade items, after a while it just got kind of old. And the idea of breaking down a jedi robe and using the same parts to make computer spike just seemed kind of silly. I mean, I think that you should only be able to break down certain items or you can only break down armor, armor upgrades, and robes into different components. I mean, you've got a lab station for grenades, mines, implants, and medipacks and you've got a workbench for weapons. There should be..........a f***ing sewing machine for armor and robes and whatnot. Maybe not a sewing machine, but something else, like a Tailoring Bench for armor, robes, and upgrade. Or combine the Tailoring Bench and the Workbench Into one, just make it so the stuff from the robes and armor goes one place and the components go in another place. That would make the most sense.

But in all honesty, I like simplicity. I like being stuck with whatever I can get because it makes the game more challenging and I liked being able to upgrade only a select number of items. It makes them special.

Not much improvements in K2, because of unnecessary repetition.

One example: HK50 prototypes in the game

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The only thing about the mentor option was the force bond where force powers cast on your character affected Kreia.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧