best improvements

what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?

• the planets (comparing the best of k1&k2)
    • item creation system, jedi robes, upgrade items
    • features and force powers
    • the party (the background stories)
    • solo missions (freedon nadd's tomb, rescue on g0t0's yacht, mira/hanharr in the jek'jek tar)
    • the story in general
    • the mentor
    • having apprentices
    • the role of the jedi council
    • the answers for the "surreal" stuff (comparing bastila's fall, revan's path, the wounds in the force...)

You did say you searched for a workbench, not a lab station. ^_^
workbenches also are able to get you components and items (create/breakdown)

I just took T3 and Bao in my party, found a work...table or whatever there called and made a couple of things. Not that anyone needs them because the game is so easy...

You DO realise that T3 had a built in workbench, don't you?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There were too many force powers, and generally not enough differences between the classes. You could be a Guardian/Weapons Master and still wipe out the enemy with Force Lightning. I thought the mentor thing iwth Kreia worked well, though, and the Force Powers that you learned through experience - unfortunately they weren't terribly interesting powers, and certainly not the main ones.

...Battlecookiee...

Awwwwww. :ermm:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, the idea was that Force Powers from a different alignment would cost more, but that good idea was watered down in delivery, like every other one.

For a start, the difference was about twenty percent (four points out of twenty), and secondly it could be counteracted by good Charisma. Thirdly, there were no maxima to the bonuses added to attributes (like in NwN, for example, where no more than twelve can be added to a single attribute), so the entire system was skewed into infantile difficulty modes of gameplay.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Some of the Force powers should've been blanket DS only condition. So the "lighter" of the DS powers have that penalty, but stuff like Scream (even if it's not the most powerful DS power it's just stupid to see that on an LS person) and maybe Death Field.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I didn't see my choice, so I'll put Other for the influence system. Sure it could have done with a bit of tweaking but when I replayed KotOR 1 after TSL I did miss the little messages after conversations with Bastila etc.

Some of the Force powers should've been blanket DS only condition. So the "lighter" of the DS powers have that penalty, but stuff like Scream (even if it's not the most powerful DS power it's just stupid to see that on an LS person) and maybe Death Field.

lightning? at least in the movies that was exclusivly DS

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

While I truly enjoyed the workbench's new utility, the best improvement to the game, IMHO, was the characters' back stories - I also liked that the "force bonds" that you form with them provide you with appropriate ability/save/combat bonuses.

Unfortunately, in most cases, the influence system drove the stories too quickly - during my first K2 playthrough, I kept going back to each character and talking to them after almost every level-up, hoping to unlock another dialog option (as in K1).

I would have liked to see more character-character interaction, as well - some of the party banter in K1 was truly priceless.

Hmm ... thinking more about it ... I want to retract my vote - the back stories and associated side quests were done better in K1 ... oh well.

Guest MacleodCorp

Graphical Elements and Influence System. I have some issues with the influence system, but I do like the idea of manipulating your team mates.

This does not include the end of the game where

you are left alone without your party, for no good reason other than to satisfy LucasArts' need for a Christmas release.

I hated that.

The exile fighting alone on Malachor V actually made sense (by JediSpeak). Why? Full circle. He/She started the journey alone there. He/She had to end it alone there to be fully prepared for the "True Sith" , ghosts of the past laid to rest and so on.(which seems to be the obvious story line in KOTOR III, if that happens).

-Spoiler Tagged. We are still in General... -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee