best improvements

what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think it is the best tsl (gameplay/storyline) improvement?

• the planets (comparing the best of k1&k2)
    • item creation system, jedi robes, upgrade items
    • features and force powers
    • the party (the background stories)
    • solo missions (freedon nadd's tomb, rescue on g0t0's yacht, mira/hanharr in the jek'jek tar)
    • the story in general
    • the mentor
    • having apprentices
    • the role of the jedi council
    • the answers for the "surreal" stuff (comparing bastila's fall, revan's path, the wounds in the force...)

the new party members have some past, i appreciated, the story is more meaningful too, and the fact that you can train others is great. finally some light on revan's actions, also the whole wounds-in-the-force thing was well enough walked through. the best is still kreia, she gives you much more than just jedi tales and i think she's the best sw character ever

Having four apprentices is just so fun :p

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The solo missions involving your party members - especially T3. :geek:

This does not include the end of the game where

you are left alone without your party, for no good reason other than to satisfy LucasArts' need for a Christmas release.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Talk about pick the best answer from none suitable!

I voted for the story, because (even though it was half-finished) all the other stuff was either half-finished, or fluff, or both.

It would have been much better had they developed the story and especially the main characters to their conclusions; Nihilus was wasted, Sion was almost as squandered, and Kreia had incredible depth, but to no end!

The other characters were poorly fleshed out, the planets were about the same as K1, and comparing like for like results in K1 winning.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked a lot of the features by concept/principle but most had flaws, which usually happens with first goes as stuff so it looks promising.

Influence was the biggst change I noticed but I didn't appreciate cos it stopped me more than helped me.

My favourite improvement would be with the little quickie interface/gameplay things suggested from K1, like quick-weapon switch, a fullsize adaptive screen, etc.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I liked a lot of the features by concept/principle but most had flaws, which usually happens with first goes as stuff so it looks promising.

Influence was the biggst change I noticed but I didn't appreciate cos it stopped me more than helped me.

My favourite improvement would be with the little quickie interface/gameplay things suggested from K1, like quick-weapon switch, a fullsize adaptive screen, etc.

I agree, but I still think the Item Creation was very good.

I agree, but I still think the Item Creation was very good.

I agree it was a very good idea in making skills much more relevant but since I don't play that style I just left it alone so I wouldn't become so obsessed with all the numbers involved in it.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The story, in general, is well done and deeper than K1; but they are different types of stories. They can't really be compared. In replaying K1, I was surprised to recall how much classic Bioware humor flows through it; K2 was darker and more serious, but preference all depends what kind of mood I'm in. One thing I really did miss in replaying K1, though, was the item creation and upgradability of weapons/armor. Only certain items could be upgraded, and then you had two options at most. And I missed the robes. K1's Jedi robes were flat and ugly.

The other differences were of minor importance. Force powers were expanded in K2, but it bordered on too many choices. Neat ideas, but in combat, I only ever used a couple. Comparable spells in K1 seemed more powerful (Force whirlwind, for example).

As for mentor, I was more interested in figuring out what Kreia's game was than learning from her. I felt K2's party-member backstories were somewhat less compelling, rather from involvement than content. (Exile pats head): 'That's nice, dear. Glad you got it off your chest. Moving right along...' But I definitely think Obsidian made the right choice in cutting the 'padawan-training' sequences-- flat out *boring*.

I just took T3 and Bao in my party, found a work...table or whatever there called and made a couple of things. Not that anyone needs them because the game is so easy...

You DO realise that T3 had a built in workbench, don't you?

Did I miss something? :ermm:  :devil:
in k1 you have side-quests where you look for bastila's mother, mission's brother, carth's son, juhani's grandpa and so on...

Nice old chap, that tiger ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

also the whole wounds-in-the-force thing was well enough walked through.

Yeah, I just hated hearing the word

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari