What's with the cameos?

Well my LSF saved Bastila too, eventually. Took me a couple of goes... My Revan never really seemed to get that involved with anyone though. Or no one really got involved with my Revan.

Reminds me of me :thumbsup:

Still, nice to see some other Freelancerers :geek:

Dare I say it, the best I've heard Jeni Hale do.

I say, that the game wasn't the best of the best, but the cameo appearances were...satisfying.

K2 missed the pep of K1. I know you were able to joke around with Atton, but in K1, you can tease Bastila, Carth, Mission, Jolee and even Canderous...I think lol. It was just more happier and peppier. It's just my opinion. Because really most of us play games to have a rest from our own busy lives and when one game can inflict depressing thoughts and feelings, I really don't want to play it.

Well for certain it is cooler to hear Carth's whining than to joke with maniacal copycat that Atton is...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well for certain it is cooler to hear Carth's whining than to joke with maniacal copycat that Atton is...

Nah I would rather not hear is incessant whining.

Suggestion then, Don't have kids.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Goto could do with some replacing... can sombody make a mod that swaps goto with another char where all their vo is just cut and pasted from the last one?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nah I would rather not hear is incessant whining.

What amazes me is how many people brand Carth as a whiner, yet seem to forget how much Atton whined in K2 (especially the beginning). ;)"

Atton was more of a sarcastic whiner, like Han Solo, he'd whine but figure it out....

Carth was a genuine nancy pants whiner....and left Revan to figuring it out

Carth is annoying at first, but he gets a bit fun near the middle and the end. And the teasing at the beginning I didn't mind. :o

Bue when he accused me for being the reason for destroying the Endar Spire

however, I was ready to rip his head off. ;)

Atton has it a bit different though. He's a player, no denying that and he's got some kind of flirty attitude but he doesn't have this whole "Your gona betray me" thing going on. He's more of a person trying to keep his secrets to himself and enjoy the time he has living.<-If he has the chance, with the mission he gets saddled in with along with the Exile.

Anyways. Aren't we supposed to talk about cameos and not how much they get on your case? :p

And what's the point in including Visas or Goto? Some excuse for old party members could be found as well.

Visas was a great party member, she's almost constantly in my party, even if it means I never have to talk to the Handmaiden again.

Visas's character is remarkable boring. And whats with the blind using that much lipstick?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

er.. just a couple of things... If anyone really READ the ending for KOTOR II, Traya mentions that Revan had to LEAVE BEHIND all his loves and attachments to fight the "True Sith" beyond the Outer Rim. No distractions allowed.

Also who said Visas is weak? By the time I got to Malachor V, she had more feats AND more powers than my main character. She would finish a fight by the time my damn character got past the obstacles to the target (usually the FARTHEST bloody thing it could find). If I had fought Traya and Sion as my Visas character, it woulda been a no-contest. :lol:

Spoiler Tagged. Remember to use these things when posting spoilers in General -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

er.. just a couple of things... If anyone really READ the ending for KOTOR II, Traya mentions that Revan had to LEAVE BEHIND all his loves and attachments to fight the "True Sith" beyond the Outer Rim. No distractions allowed.

And what it has to do with screwed cameos? I don't care about Revan, I hate him as I hate 'true sith' crap. I am happy that looser isn't present in TSL. K1 party members should have bigger roles.

Added spoiler tags on the quote... -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Personally I didn't care for either Mission or Zaalbar so that they aren't mentioned anywhere was no great loss to me. To be quite honest, I was surprised that even 1/3rd (Canderous, T3M4, HK-47) of the original cast had any heavy involvement, although the fact that they hacked out most of the plot involving HK-47 was disappointing.

Then there was the assumption of admiral... being admiral it wouldn't make much sense that he would be very heavily involved as a party member, to me anyway.

LSM I got the Bastila cameo just before the M5 embarkment so technically that's more than half making somewhat of an appearance... by industry standards, that's pretty average and IMHO, more than inclusive of supportive characters from the original. Not sure what should have been memorable mind you, but they were included.

Granted, they could have squeezed everyone else in somewhere, but I'm of the mind that having to rely heavily on previous roles from past games makes for a weak game unless the star role is reoccuring.

That is, it doesn't make much sense to me to assume that an entirely new character would have the exact same acquaintances as a previous one, nor the intimate knowledge the original would have had.

I suppose the question is, would anything have been gleened from having x character from the original kotor? Being that the ones who do make it into the sequel don't comment much about such nor its outcomes, they'd really only be there as mind candy imho.

Well, Revan has become what is experienced as neither a character that can be a PC nor can he be entirely ignored. This is even more so since K2 refers to Revan as being in the background.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧