sorting things, Kreia/Kae

It's not possible because isn't Handmaiden Echani?! Kreia, last time I checked, is in the ungodly-annoying-Jedi-turning-Sith catagory. <_<

If you read the dialogues, you will see that the reason Brianna is "the last of the handmaidens" is because she was born from their mutual father's second partner, a Jedi named Kae.

The thread was about twenty pages long, and it was quite evident that the evidence was there, and in fact it was more likely as not that this was the case, but that it was never fully scripted into the game (whether for lack of time or plot re-negotiation was obviously up for debate).

Forna K. Shan's thread (<{POST_SNAPBACK}>) on 10 March.

The Search function is your friend. I have included the first post of the thread, below.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

thanks for the answers. i know all that has been said about this, still all i heard was filled with "maybes" and "perhaps", i wanted to know:

a) is there actual evidence of kreia being not arren kae?

b) is it (formally or informally) "official" that they are or were meant to be the same person?

as i said, some light :blink:

a) is there actual evidence of kreia being not arren kae?

That depends entirely on how you look at it.

Some see the following as reasons against it:

Kreia: "You are spending time with the servant of Atris. I knew her mother. She was a Jedi Knight - a master, named Arren Kae." (Different person because Kreia merely knew Kae)

Handmaiden: "I never saw her face, and she did not return from the final battle of the war. She died in the battle that shattered Malachor V, and her body was never recovered." (Kae is already dead)

Kreia: "Jedi are forbidden to have children, and when the crime finally came to light almost a decade later, Kae was exiled." (Kreia was exiled for her dark teachings)

Personally I find all of the above do not present us with conclusive evidence against Kreia being Kae. For the first, it is obvious that Kreia might lie about being Kae. For the second it is quite telling that Kae supposedly died, yet her body just conveniently vanished... For the third, it is again Kreia telling us that having a child was the the crime Kae was exiled for, which would be a given if she does not want to admit that she is actually Kae herself, and notably nobody else ever says that this was the reason for Kae's exile (at least that I have seen).

But there is no smoking gun that definitely tells us that Kreia is Kae either - there is only speculation and conjecture, and given how much this has been discussed, I doubt we will get closer to a final answer, unless Obsidian themselves decide to shed light on the matter.

kreia said that the masters blamed and sentenced her for revan's fall, which is a lie.. she went to war before revan took up the mantel of dark lord, and never came back - so she must have been exiled before^^ and for some other reason :ermm: like mating with a big echani general and giving birth to brianna!

kreia said that the masters blamed and sentenced her for revan's fall, which is a lie.. she went to war before revan took up the mantel of dark lord, and never came back - so she must have been exiled before^^ and for some other reason ;) like mating with a big echani general and giving birth to brianna!

Actually, I'm not convinced that giving birth to Brianna was the reason for Kae's exile. It seems like a very harsh sentence, especially when you consider Jolee's story about his wife in the first game, which he was completely forgiven for by the order (but not himself...).

And only Kreia tells us that this is the reason for Kae's exile, which would be convenient, if she does not want to admit being Kae. Also, isn't it a bit odd that this was discovered and Kae exiled *just* as the Mandalorian Wars began, and that she then rushed to join it? It seems a little too convenient to me...

Note the following:

Kae and Kreia both had Revan as their padawan - not merely apprentice.

They were both exiled at the beginning of the Mandalorian Wars

They were both believed to have died in the Mandalorian Wars.

As Garak would say on DS9, "I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences..." :lol:" :thumbsup:

It seems like a very harsh sentence
nayama was already a dark jedi by the time jolee faced judgement, it was all already over.. like yoda says in rots, you must learn to LET GO what you're afraid to lose (he didn't just exile anakin), kreia still had a little girl and a man she cared for and maybe she didn't want to give up that love, instead she gave up the jedi (like jolee).