'elp

Tel Aviv

Grasp the candle and bang on...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Grasp the candle and bang on...

• Deus Ex
    • Jade Empire
    • KOTOR2: TSL
    • The Nomad Soul (aka a guilty pleasure)

Hows about a nice slice of self-indulgence for you all. I'll soon have a good two weeks of free time available before the next university year (yay) meaning games will have to be played compulsively, as if the welfare of my critically acclaimed (or not, as the case may be... or is) genitalia depended on it (its an unwritten rule, a footnote in the bible if thats your bag).

And so I ask your help. Which of the above time sponges would you covet like it had never been coveted before?

I chose Jade Empire for a couple reasons.

1. You said you have 2 weeks. I agree that Dues Ex is probably the most classic gaming experience of the 3, but I couldn't rush through it in two weeks. For me, it was a game that took time to digest. I was able to blow through Jade Empire and KotOR II in two weeks.

2. Dues Ex is also a bit dated graphically, if that's important to you.

3. Between KotOR II and Jade Empire, they both took me exactly two weeks to blow through. I think Jade Empire has a slight edge. This really is only because KotOR II is slightly below the original game. Jade Empire doesn't have a shadow to overcome. They both have storylines that keep you playing and interested.

4. I was weak in Kung Fu. This game convinced me to rent Hero, House of Flying Daggers, and Kung Fu Hustle. My Kung Fu is now strong.

First, you have no "Other" option about which someone will invariably complain. Just warning you now.

Secondly:

Deus Ex for the win.

Finally, it took you two weeks each to beat JE and KOTOR 2, Hurlshot? :sorcerer: I beat Jade Empire in a weekend, and K2 in a week or so, playing the latter fairly sporadically.

And you call yourself a gamer. :shakesheadindespair: :lol:

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Deus Ex - It easily has the most involving story

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Archmonarch wrote

Finally, it took you two weeks each to beat JE and KOTOR 2, Hurlshot?  I beat Jade Empire in a weekend, and K2 in a week or so, playing the latter fairly sporadically.

And you call yourself a gamer. :shakesheadindespair: 

I never said I was a good gamer! I actually don't beat many games anymore. As I've grown older I can afford more games, but at the expense of the time to play them. If it doesn't have a great story, I'm not going to stick around for the 30+ hours most games take.

Dues Ex is pretty different than the games on this list as well. It combines a few different game styles. Does Tel Aviv like games from a first person perspective? Do you like a bit of FPS and stealth action in your RPG's?

"Do you like a bit of FPS and stealth action in your RPG's?"

Do you like a story more complex and engaging than all those other games combined?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Deus Ex is a game that could have ended at probably 3 different points...but didn't.

But it didn't feel like it was dragging on. It was a fantastic game experience, and every time I thought I had beaten the game, only to find out I hadn't, was a joy!

I have no idea what "The Nomad Soul (aka a guilty pleasure)" is.

Notwithstanding, Deus Ex beats everything on that and every other list.

:(

Omikron: The Nomad Soul starring the David Bowie as Boz! Its an ambitious but flawed (and silly) game, made a few years ago by Quantic Dream. A sequel is in the works apparently.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/160/160509p1.html

Being English, I should like to point out that an old copy of Deus ex will set you back maybe five or ten quid, which is about a third the cost of the others. It also happens to have a fantastic storyline.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

How can you hesitate?

Deus Ex for teh R0x0rz0rz w!n

Last time I played it from a completely moral standpoint: my character didn't kill anyone who didn't ought to be killed (hint: drug them with tranquilizers).

I only killed the genuine "we know what we're doing and we're out to kill everybody" bad guys.

Also, :Darque: mentioned that the flamethrower was a good weapon, and I didn't use it last time, so on my next playthrough ... *starts to plan next playthrough*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It is a game with many fine strokes of genius-...ness. Being reprimanded by Paul for killing on Liberty Island

To which I responded with a 'Gott im Himmel?'

But the others have their charms also.

I'm guessing your german considering that i didn't understand "Gott Im Himmel?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.