Icewind Dale II problem

Jumjalum

I thought I'd load up a wee game of Icewind Dale II to while away the time until my main rig gets fixed but I've run into a couple of game buggering problems.

1) One of my tanks got hit by an energy drain by the ghost you encounter right at the beginning when you come off the ship, and the Targos healers don't have restoration as one of their services. Not even a full heal did the job, I think I should just kill him and then pay for his resurrection as he's not much use at the moment. Great I solved that myself (although I would like to know if there's an alternative), anyway onto number 2.

2) My first task for Shawford Crale at the palisade is to help some dwarf called Olaf repair the wall with some wood. He tells me to go and see a big fat guy called Lumbar and find out what the holdup is. When I ask Lumbar he tells me that everything with the lumber is fine now (even though I never mentioned lumber to him before) and gives me no dialogue that progresses things. Going back to the dwarf doesn't help as he just repeats his orders. I already fixed the crane before talking to either of them but I'm sure I did that last time I played and it didn't break the game. Are there any CLUA geniuses that know how to twiddle the right variables? I have Dalekeeper 2 installed if that helps.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

If I understood right; you have the "Undead Targos"-mod installed. I know nothing about it, so I really can't help you. How about asking at Sorcerer's Place's fora? Or Gibberlings Three? We're awfully sort on CLUA-magisters here.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd like to help, but i only played IWD through once. I loathed the fact I had to design every single one of my characters. I like to find them as I go along.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

IWD's focal point being tactical group battles; crafting your own party from the get go made the game a lot more accesible.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Then again; I wouldn't have minded the option to take NPC's with me. There were some interesting characters; like that druid Nathan.

kirottu said:

Creating your own entire party from scratch is probably my favourite thing about the IWD games, that and the tactical combat (better than BGs imo). I know you can create your own party in BG by playing multiplayer but it doesn't feel right.

staringcontest8og.gif

Did you get your problem solved then?

kirottu said:

I'm yet to try (had a powercut yesterday) but I found it's got something to do with the mods I got from weimers site which make the fedex quests a bit easier. If talking to Olaf's dad doesn't solve things I may have to restart my game. ;)

staringcontest8og.gif

Ehehe it turns out that all I had to do was talk to Shawford again, the mod cuts out the rest of the quest but you wouldn't be able to tell it by talking to Olaf.

staringcontest8og.gif

Very good point about the combat focus and party building. Never looked at it like that.

Thought: Does anyone have any really cool characters from IWD that others might enjoy?

Speaking of fedex tasks, did anyone find the second more powerful use for the stuffed cat?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you're playing IWD2, 4 characters seems to be the way to go. With 6 you get a nice spread of classes but you don't get to see them at high levels. I'm considering restarting with 4 just so I can see my party get to that stage.

staringcontest8og.gif

Speaking of fedex tasks, did anyone find the second more powerful use for the stuffed cat?

The demon army, you mean? >_<

Damned great game that IWD 2.

kirottu said:

It deserved more attention than it got. Music is good, and the story and character creation system work equally well in single or multiplayer. I just wish my paladin would stop refusing rewards and my daughter would stop scarfing up all the good loot.

I just wish that my game didn't always end in Dragon's Eye. Either I have too little Alchemy or too little Intimidation.

kirottu said:

Just cheat. Use Dalekeeper to give yourself temporary bonuses when you need them. Thats what I intend to do when I get to the forest maze, its impossible without wilderness lore.

staringcontest8og.gif

I love the forest maze, because I have to use wilderness lore.

It's just well...feels right.

kirottu said:

The demon army, you mean? :shifty:

DEMoN ARMY?!!!!!!!!!!

I never saw that. I must have found the third effect.

-Elwood Blues

Spoil me. What did you find?

kirottu said:

Well, I am an inveterate pack rat.

If I find something weird I'll keep it over and above anything useful. So I finished carrying two stuffed animals, a corpse, and a vaiety of other odds and ends. The main bad guy is in the middle of his speech when he starts wigging out , asking 'why' anyone insane or not would be carrying such a collection. He is so perplexed that he fails to cast half his protective spells, making him easy to kill.

-Elwood Blues

^You sure about that, W? I got that speech, certainly, with my *dead man* and *dead woman* and *dead cat* and all, but it wasn't with the main bad guy. It was with that whatchamathingy demon that you first meet in the Horde placey-thing in the first chapter. And it didn't affect the fight either way, IIRC; just a little bit of morbid humour and some bonus XP before the fight itself gets going.

It has been many years. I am certain your version is correct. :)

-Elwood Blues

• 2 years later...
I thought I'd load up a wee game of Icewind Dale II to while away the time until my main rig gets fixed but I've run into a couple of game buggering problems.

1) One of my tanks got hit by an energy drain by the ghost you encounter right at the beginning when you come off the ship, and the Targos healers don't have restoration as one of their services. Not even a full heal did the job, I think I should just kill him and then pay for his resurrection as he's not much use at the moment. Great I solved that myself (although I would like to know if there's an alternative), anyway onto number 2.

2) My first task for Shawford Crale at the palisade is to help some dwarf called Olaf repair the wall with some wood. He tells me to go and see a big fat guy called Lumbar and find out what the holdup is. When I ask Lumbar he tells me that everything with the lumber is fine now (even though I never mentioned lumber to him before) and gives me no dialogue that progresses things. Going back to the dwarf doesn't help as he just repeats his orders. I already fixed the crane before talking to either of them but I'm sure I did that last time I played and it didn't break the game. Are there any CLUA geniuses that know how to twiddle the right variables? I have Dalekeeper 2 installed if that helps.

Hi there

Please help me, I have the same problem Lumbar doen not want to speal to me?? How did you resolve it??

Kind regards

Just cheat. Use Dalekeeper to give yourself temporary bonuses when you need them. Thats what I intend to do when I get to the forest maze, its impossible without wilderness lore.

not impossible... you simply have to keep track of the areas you go to, and their subtle differences. w/o wilderness lore, it is difficult, but not impossible.

taks

comrade taks... just because.