Obsidian Concept Art Gallery

Nur Ab Sal

I really like concept art of TSL and crave more. In this thread all who share my feelings may support the cause, and beg Obsidian to reveal more of TSL brilliant concept art. A plenty of works are available on Gamespot or IGN but in Prima Game Guide I have noticed many pictures that you don't see anywhere else. Unfortunately they are in low resolution only. It would be a good idea to make a gallery of Obsidian concept art, that anyone who lurks this website could visit.

This gallery could contain virtually all concept art produced during TSL development, so KOTOR fans could track the entire creative process. Besides it would be a good way to promote Obsidian Entertainment...

920194_20040504_screen003.jpg

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Good idea...

But what I would really like...;

During testing alot of bugs get fixed ofcourse, which is great. But not all bugs are gamestopping or annoying, usually there is a bucketload of hugely humerous bugs.

The creators of Anno 1503 posted some of the funniest bugs they found in their games on the page to show, and it is quite nice to see...

Both funny to see and thankfull that they fixed them.

*Raises hand*

I always loved those concept art galleries on the old Black Isle web site. Jason Manley, Justin Sweet, Vance Kovacs, et al. (apologies to those who I can't remember from top of my head anymore) :unsure:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ehrmmm...seventhed?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So is concept art like first they draw a woman, then her underwear, then her clothes and that final pic with clothes gets into game? And concept art is that first drawn nekkid woman?

Sweet. Best Idea Evar!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Paper-doll concepts ;)

Made my day. Kiitoksia.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The point is, to give Obsidian a clear impression that they should organize a gallery of concept art made by their artists. Whether this idea will work or not, it's beyond my influence.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I'd rather prefer gentle opinions, but who knows what will happen.

Personally I doubt my initiative will have any impact, but you always have to try...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It would make sense for Obsidian to put up a concept art gallery at the same time they release some information about PNJ, or nearer to NWN2's release date. Anything to get attention from the gaming websites and get more people here (or at the Bioware forums? :) ).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The point is, to give Obsidian a clear impression that they should organize a gallery of concept art made by their artists. Whether this idea will work or not, it's beyond my influence.

I would settle for them posting them here.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

They have released concept art for NwN2, at the last E3. I posted some (I had it from a magazine DVD), and I can upload some more if you like. (About a dozen images, iirc.)

I don't think I've seen more than two or three, so yes, that would be great. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

So the point of this thread is ...? I mean, I don't see any concept art, anywhere ... :ermm:

I'm wondering this myself. If we want a thread for some of the remarkable Obsidian images, from concept to in-game, then why can't the members create a thread for it? Then, hopefully, some of the artists might post in it. I can't believe that none of Obs artists have a website with work they've done over the years. Some of it has to be fair game to post, even if they can't show stuff from NWN2 or NJ.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!