How long did Revan know?

Back to the Darth thing. How can they have Darth in their name when Darth Bane doesn't even exist yet? He is the one that made the rule.

BioWare just found it sound Star Warsy? Really, you should ask BioWare, not OE or LA

Darth means Darkness, which is why Dark Jedi don't call themselves Darth,

Darth means Dark Lord of the Sith

actually darth means darkness in some other language, like vader wich means father

So your saying that somehow revans memories of the star forge survived when somthing as old and as cemented as where he came from and how he lived/was trained got wiped away? Methinks that he wouldn't forget where he came from and how he was trained. Besides they would have noticed if he didn't act like a total newbie to the force thing, after a while I would think that using your weapon would become physical memory that is very hard to supress. and he wouldn't want to forget those skills now would he?

Revan remebers more as time goes on, so it doesn't surprise me that the presence of the Star Map on Dantooine, like Bastila's proximity, triggers some memories but leaves others dormant. But I meant that I thought it highly unlikely that the Jedi Council could have just taken a stroll through Revan's psyche to look for and weed out memories. If they could do that, then they would have just found out where the Star Forge was, and the whole game would never have happened.

Sion could just be his name you know. I mean it's not like everybody has to have a different name. If you notice one of the reasons why they change their name is so that they are not recognized by the populance as Count Dukoo or Emperor Palpitine. Sion couldn't exactly hide who he was because of Physical Deformity. Having a seperate name implies that you are hiding. After all if you didn't everone would know exactly who you were and where you lived and you would be facing 4 or 5 assination attempts per week.

Yes, secret indentities are very helpful. But I get the idea that taking a Sith name is more a sign of your arrival as a poweful dark Jedi. "Look at me, I'm so bad, this name no longer describes who I am. I am Darth -whatever-." Like an evil debutante ball or something. Still, in the absence of a meaning for "Sion", the idea that it is actually his real name can't be put aside. Not that I mind, I just thought Sion was supposed to be derived from a word that was fitting or meaningful. Oh well.

So your saying that somehow revans memories of the star forge survived when somthing as old and as cemented as where he came from and how he lived/was trained got wiped away? Methinks that he wouldn't forget where he came from and how he was trained. Besides they would have noticed if he didn't act like a total newbie to the force thing, after a while I would think that using your weapon would become physical memory that is very hard to supress. and he wouldn't want to forget those skills now would he?

Revan remebers more as time goes on, so it doesn't surprise me that the presence of the Star Map on Dantooine, like Bastila's proximity, triggers some memories but leaves others dormant. But I meant that I thought it highly unlikely that the Jedi Council could have just taken a stroll through Revan's psyche to look for and weed out memories. If they could do that, then they would have just found out where the Star Forge was, and the whole game would never have happened.

So your saying that his entire life is dormant? then wouldn't his sith training come out by physical memory? because you can't erase physical memory and from what I can tell the Sith use a much more... aggressive and powerful style than the jedi do. It would be hard for him to retrain using the Jedi's style if he had been trained in some ancient sith way, mainly because they would be utterly different and his body would want to fall into ready stance and fight like it was origionally taught. that way the Jedi and co could figure out who he was like an echani would.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's possible the damage to Revan's mind also affected other parts of his brain, but you make a good point. Personally, I think that Revan would not have been trained in Sith combat techniques for exactly the reason you mention. And Revan was trained as a Jedi the first time around at about the normal age for new students, right? So it's not like there would be any real drawback to Revan from not training in Sith fighting styles. He would have been taught how to fight by the Jedi, thus learning their strengths and weaknesses from the source, which would be the point.

And when you start the game, you don't get any special extra feats or anything, you don't even get "Force Sensitivity" until you retrain as a Jedi, so in non-game terms, I guess you could say that the fake persona (and the skills and feats that come with it) the Council gives Revan creates a subconscious block on other memories and activities requiring more complex physical coordination. After all, finding out you can use the Force all of a sudden is a little weird, but most people don't understand the Force. Finding out you can do things you never trained your body to do would be more of a give away. They apparently took measures to prevent either occurence, but Revan's connection was too strong to be permanently hidden or surpressed. Physical memories could probably come back to some degree or another as Revan remembers more and more of his real past.

I did a poll a while ago where people talked about whether he was doing for the True Sith or being typical DS conquerer sort of person. Do a search for the title and I think it was something like "Was (Darth) Revan Evil"

I remember it. :D

It was full of things like 'Well, Revan may have started a war which caused the deaths of millions and the devastation of the Republic's military, but he was doing it to make the Republic stronger so he was actually a really good person'.

This is not a view I share. :)

I don't agree with it either, from that point of view.

I think that Revan Started a War which caused the deaths of millions and the devestation of the Republics Military because he wanted to make the Republic stronger (from a Sith Standpoint, only the strongest survive) but not because he cared about the Republic or keeping it intact....but to keep HIS Empire intact....the True Sith Threatened Revans Power....and his Leadership over the Republic....