Influence with Mandalore

I usually don't build much influence with Mandalore, because there doesn't seem to be much point. He can't become a jedi, doesn't have much of a backstory (that you hear, at least), doesn't grant you any special abilities or bonus, and doesn't reveal any secrets at all...

At least as far as I have experienced or read on any forum or in any spoilers or guides.

Anyone have any experience with influence with Mandalore leading to *anything* at all?

I usually don't build much influence with Mandalore, because there doesn't seem to be much point. He can't become a jedi, doesn't have much of a backstory (that you hear, at least), doesn't grant you any special abilities or bonus, and doesn't reveal any secrets at all...

At least as far as I have experienced or read on any forum or in any spoilers or guides.

Anyone have any experience with influence with Mandalore leading to *anything* at all?

well, he tells you what revan told him before he/she left for the unknown regions. it varies a little depending on whether you chose a ds or ls revan.

I've never gotten much influence with him. He comes along too far into my games to even bother with him. By the time I pick him up I'm already concentrating on getting full influence with the rest of my party, and I never really heard he brought much to the table anyways.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I thought that dialog was cut. From what I could tell from listening to it, it seems like Mandalore is injured or incapacitated in battle and Visas comes to his aid, addressing him as Canderous, asking him if he's okay. And that's when he spills his guts. It seems like it was supposed to be triggered sometime around the confrontation with Nihilis.

I've never gotten much influence with him.  He comes along too far into my games to even bother with him.  By the time I pick him up I'm already concentrating on getting full influence with the rest of my party, and I never really heard he brought much to the table anyways.

I guess that's one reason why there is little - since you have to do some planets before others, you just lose out on too many influence options, if you take certain planets first. A bunch of people will already be in the group by the time you leave Telos, but if you wait too long before going to Nar Shaddaa, it becomes very difficult to build enough influence with HK-47 and GOTO, especially if you're LS and want your mastery status back...

When I play as DS my priorities for influence are:

1-Kreia

2-HK-47

3-Visas

4-Hanharr

5-GoTo

Plus trying to influence Atton and Bao-Dur when possible.

That means that Mandalore ranks about 6th or 7th on the depth chart in terms of who gets the most "in party" time with my character. Which is why I always get very little influence with him.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

When I play as DS my priorities for influence are:

1-Kreia

2-HK-47

3-Visas

4-Hanharr

5-GoTo

Plus trying to influence Atton and Bao-Dur when possible.

That means that Mandalore ranks about 6th or 7th on the depth chart in terms of who gets the most "in party" time with my character.  Which is why I always get very little influence with him.

Well, you could play a game where you just go out to get influence with him instead of one/some of the others ... just to see (and to role play a bit ... :-")

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, you could play a game where you just go out to get influence with him instead of one/some of the others ... just to see (and to role play a bit ... :-")

That would still require about a 3rd or 4th DS play through, since usually I focus on 2 at a time.

I've played the game 4 times total, so I can't see myself doing specifically DS just to get Mandalore's influence. Especially when it doesn't seem there's much to learn.

I know how to gain some influence with Mandalore. It is important that you have him in your party on Onderon both times.

1) When you see Ponlar for the second time, respond with: "Everyone join Ponlar, the queens reign must end". Then select: We have to show Vaklu some sign or something and this is as good as any.

2) Accept Anda's quest to gain some more influence. Note that you don't have to remove the captains from their posts. If you want to work with Talya / Kavar, just don't remove them and you will be fine.

3) When going back to Onderon, don't get Mandalore on Dxun but select him as your party member on Onderon. When fighting with Vaklu, show some "interest" about the Basilsks. When fighting with Talya / Kavar, agree with Kreia to kill Vaklu and let the soldiers kill him.

4) On The Ravager: Kill Tobin. You do have to kill either Jorran / Tarn on Dantooine with Visas in your party to gain influence with Visas since it will conflict with each other. Don't worry, gaining LS Mastery again is not very difficult.

Some people say that you will gain influence if you give support for Vaklu when the Twilek and Devaronian are debating but I never got this working.

To this, he will tell you on the Ravager about Revan and the helmet. If you are a Jedi Master, Mandalore has LS Mastery (with no bonus unfortunately).

Master Vandar lives!