Aeon Flux

Hurlshort

I watched the trailer to this over at Gamespy recently...(I'm sure it's elsewhere for the gamespy haters)

Aeon Flux

I was a bit shocked. I vaguely remember this from MTV when I was a kid. If anyone knows more about it's history, please feel free to elaborate. It was an anime series, I believe.

The shocking thing is that it's Charlize Theron, a pretty well respected actress. She isn't really known as the action flick girl. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

I never could figure out what that series was about back then. Just a lot of licking peoples ears.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My older sister used to watch that show alot.

My only hope is that its not as disturbing as Theron's other work: Monster

or her attempt at comedy on SNL

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

downloading as we speak. I have no idea was Aeon Flux is, but I'll watch the trailer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So nobody thinks it's odd that Charlize Theron is playing this role? She seems to be a pretty serious actress to me, and this seems to be a bit of action fluff. Whether it's good or bad action, it just seems to be a pretty far stretch from her Academy Award playing role in "Monster".

What's next, Sally Fields in Catwoman 2? Ah well, I guess everyone likes to branch out...and she does look much better than she did in "monster".

It's definitely action fluff. Still, I like a good action flick, so no prob. For some reason, I thought this was a game. I was greatly disappointed to find it's a movie.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Maybe part of the problem is that "mainstream" gamers don't want the (I assume there must be) stigma of RPG in their games, so even games with "RPG elements" are played down, and launched as whatever their main genre is ("FPS", etc).

After all, the process of creating and building a virtual character in its own world is intrinsically interesting, surely? OR aer we all just a (significant) statistical blip on the gaming radar? :devil:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I dunno, I was hoping for something different, but I'm game to try most any genre, although I trend to RPGs and FPSs. This one seems closer to an FPS. The movie could be good, but I'm thinking dvd rental.

Thanks for the link, my supreme king.

Obsidian Plays