K1 Poll: Tatooine Swoop Fan (Auto-Print)

Did you ever suspect that Swoop Fan on Tatooine who gets your Auto-Print of anything?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did you ever suspect that Swoop Fan on Tatooine who gets your Auto-Print of anything?

• Yes
    • No
    • Didn't do the racing

Just making use of the Poll function here.

KotOR was the first RPG I'd played for many many years so I was expecting a big interleaved game everywhere - which it was. It also meant I tended to connect everything to something else, so when that Swoop Fan wanted my auto-print I really did hesitate before giving it and I just expected it to come back later.

Anyway, it didn't! Damn you BioWare you tricked me :p - good job :thumbsup: .

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

A few years before KOTOR I thought it was going to be huge but that was back when I didn't know much about video games. I went onto the LA website and I saw that it had listed planets. I thought the game was free roaming so I thought I would be able to go every where. I also didn't know what turn based meant so I was expecting real time combat. I also thought I could buy droids from merchants and when they broke they stopped working and I would have to have a new one. I was really disappointed when I learned that party members just get back up after they died. I was also expecting in-depth character creation, I guess something like SWG. I expected a lot but I wasn't disappointed.

EDIT: Ya I thought the guy was going to come back later and thank me for inspiring him and he some how manages to beat my record.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Just making use of the Poll function here.

KotOR was the first RPG I'd played for many many years so I was expecting a big interleaved game everywhere - which it was. It also meant I tended to connect everything to something else, so when that Swoop Fan wanted my auto-print I really did hesitate before giving it and I just expected it to come back later.

Anyway, it didn't! Damn you BioWare you tricked me  :p  - good job  :- .

You do know that this 'fan' is not just asking for an autograph, don't you? Fingerprints identify people. There is a line that ties him into the story, but it isn't real obvious. They (Memory fails, I think Gendogenarians?) knew you were Revan before you did. :)

Fingerprints identify people.  There is a line that ties him into the story, but it isn't real obvious.  They (Memory fails, I think Gendogenarians?) knew you were Revan before you did. :-

Genoharadan Bounty Hunter Guild?

I don't think it was them because I think you can get that fan to ask you even if you already have the quest (doing Tatooine late in the game).

I did suspect him of a bad intention related to DNA or ID or something along those lines (but not because you were Revan though)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Fingerprints identify people.  There is a line that ties him into the story, but it isn't real obvious.  They (Memory fails, I think Gendogenarians?) knew you were Revan before you did. :ermm:

Genoharadan Bounty Hunter Guild?

I don't think it was them because I think you can get that fan to ask you even if you already have the quest (doing Tatooine late in the game).

I did suspect him of a bad intention related to DNA or ID or something along those lines (but not because you were Revan though)

Maybe not the guild, then, but I didn't think it was Malak himself. Maybe someone who works for someone who works for him... could even have been Saul. Anyway, the game does connect the dots back to the autoprint, but it may be conditional that you receive that information, and there's no real fanfare attached to it. Easy to miss. I think it loses its importance because by that time the revelation itself takes precedence. I hate when I forget things. *#*)*(!

anyway, the game does connect the dots back to the autoprint, but it may be very conditional that you receive that information, and there's no real fanfare attached to it.  Easy to miss.

Are you sure you aren't an extreme case of this where you suspect him so much that you think there is stuff attached to him :ph34r: or stretching little tidbits so far into different (you didn't start the "Force Sex" term did you?).

sigpic0yb.jpg

anyway, the game does connect the dots back to the autoprint, but it may be very conditional that you receive that information, and there's no real fanfare attached to it.  Easy to miss.

Are you sure you aren't an extreme case of this where you suspect him so much that you think there is stuff attached to him :ph34r: or stretching little tidbits so far into different (you didn't start the "Force Sex" term did you?).

Nope. It's there. (And nope.)

To be honest, i never actually suspected anything of that Twi'lek that asked for your autoprint, i thought it quite neat, albeit a bit pointless though. I was also suspecting something else to happen relating to him or more autoprints later on in Tatooine or the game though, was a little disappointed :lol:.

About the Swoop Racing in Kotor I.

Now we know what happened to Revan after Kotor I, Hukta Jax got his revenge.

The new title for Kotor III is: Knights of the Old Republic, Hukta Jax's revenge!

B.T.W.: Hukta Jax is a Gammorean Swoop racer on Manaan and before Revan comes in the champion on this world.

Master Vandar lives!

I realy whish I knew there was going to be a game spolier in what you just said kalimeeri cause right now I was just seeing if I missed anything extra in the game and you kind of spoiled that part for me. I really had no clue how they knew I was Revan. I was getting to that part though. :o

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

That's an indication of poor design, not an intentional disconnect. :nuke:

I realy whish I knew there was going to be a game spolier in what you just said kalimeeri cause right now I was just seeing if I missed anything extra in the game and you kind of spoiled that part for me. I really had no clue how they knew I was Revan. I was getting to that part though.  :(

And you're reading a KotOR1 thread in the KotOR2 fora ?

That is pretty short-sighted of you. :o

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just thought that I did everything in the game by now thats all I've played it twice and this is my 3rd. That was just one of the things I was mainly going to do in the game was talk to with Hulas and do him the favors. Just clearing what I didn't do.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

I didn't really think much of it. I just seemed like a nice touch to make you really feel like you had just become a swoop racing champion. I suppose there could have been something bigger going on, but I didn't really think about it at the time.

Wasnt it the premium merchant people? He does say near the last planets that he didnt want to approach you right away cuz you wernt from the exchange and were flying the ebon hawk. He also knew you were Revan too. maybe the fingerprint guy worked for him and found out you were revan and thats how he approaced you.

Wasnt it the premium merchant people? He does say near the last planets that he didnt want to approach you right away cuz you wernt from the exchange and were flying the ebon hawk. He also knew you were Revan too. maybe the fingerprint guy worked for him and found out you were revan and thats how he approaced you.

:p;) That's a bit of a well thought-out story you got there, but i honestly dont think it had any more significance than adding a bit of realism to the fact that you were basically just a swoop-racing pro at that point.

:luck:

• 17 years later...

I've always assumed he'd try to sell my auto print or cause me trouble in some underhanded ploy. I've played KOTOR 100+ times on Jedi and Sith. Sith Lord is my Favorite of all. Haven't played Jedi in awhile. Maybe weapon master is my favorite. Sith Marauder is fun with enough stealth. Speed run in stealth. Probably Sith Lords 20+ times Sith and Jedi.  Always fun to grab Brianna, Visas and Red (Mara Jade). So damned disappointed there was never Knights Of The Old Republic 3. Utter failure Obsidian Entertainment.