wounds in the force....hmmmm

What I have to say here could be construed as nit picking but I wanted to run it by you all anyway and see what you think.

Now, the Exile cut him/herself of from the force to avoid the shockwave in the force from all the deaths at Malachor 5. OK fair enough, but this started me thinking about another incident some 4000 years later that would have had a similar catastrophic effect to force sensitives and that would be the disintergration of an an entire planet.

It seems that in conceiving of this idea OE didn't take into account when Vader was present at the destruction of Alderan(spelling?), and didn't even get a slight ringing sensation in his ear.

I know things get chopped and changed for video games and expanded universe stuff but anyway, this one was bugging me so I thought I would get it off my chest.

It just seems that at LA the right hand doesn'tknow what the left is doing, and yes I fully realise I should probably get out more but hey...what better place to discuss this kind of stuff than right here. :)

What I have to say here could be construed as nit picking but I wanted to run it by you all anyway and see what you think.

Now, the Exile cut him/herself of from the force to avoid the shockwave in the force from all the deaths at Malachor 5. OK fair enough, but this started me thinking about another incident some 4000 years later that would have had a similar catastrophic effect to force sensitives and that would be the disintergration of an an entire planet.

It seems that in conceiving of this idea OE didn't take into account when Vader was present at the destruction of Alderan(spelling?), and didn't even get a slight ringing sensation in his ear.

I know things get chopped and changed for video games and expanded universe stuff but anyway, this one was bugging me so I thought I would get it off my chest.

It just seems that at LA the right hand doesn'tknow what the left is doing, and yes I fully realise I should probably get out more but hey...what better place to discuss this kind of stuff than right here. :)

Difference being the Exile was supposed to be a Jedi at the time, and thus suffering and death affects Jedi (didn't you see Obi-Wan's reaction to the destruction of Alderaan?), whereas Vader was a Sith Lord and thus drew strength from the death and whatnot.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Difference being the Exile was supposed to be a Jedi at the time, and thus suffering and death affects Jedi (didn't you see Obi-Wan's reaction to the destruction of Alderaan?), whereas Vader was a Sith Lord and thus drew strength from the death and whatnot.

Still, Obi had a pretty underwelming reaction to it (considering the Exile was in mortal danger). Ditto for Luke.

But weren't all the jedi who followed Revan coruupted at this point, in the tomb on Korriban there is always the dark side exile standing next to Revan which seems to indicate he was walking Revans path at least for a time.

I always interpreted that scene as just a halucinatory trip; the Jedi in the everlasting-Hsissis room says pretty much this in his journal. In other words, the imagery is just window-dressing for the Sith Assassins ... after all, it's not really the companions, is it?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Still, Obi had a pretty underwelming reaction to it. Ditto for Luke.

Underwhelming? He seemed pretty shaken up by it.

Not to mention it's difficult to point to a movie and create an effect of how those many deaths would actually appear on screen. Should Obi-Wan have fallen over unconscious? Should he have began screaming?

Luke was new to the Force thing. He barely had access to it at that point so he wouldn't even notice it.

But weren't all the jedi who followed Revan coruupted at this point, in the tomb on Korriban there is always the dark side exile standing next to Revan which seems to indicate he was walking Revans path at least for a time.

That was just a vision that Kreia used to show you your past, but in training you. It wasn't real (didn't you notice Bastila there?).

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still, Obi had a pretty underwelming reaction to it (considering the Exile was in mortal danger). Ditto for Luke.

I think part of it is the fact that the Exile issued the order. He did what Vader did except he didn't want to kill all those people. The other fact of the matter is that the Exile was there, watching it happen, where as Luke and Obi-Wan just felt it happen.

I think part of it is the fact that the Exile issued the order. He did what Vader did except he didn't want to kill all those people. The other fact of the matter is that the Exile was there, watching it happen, where as Luke and Obi-Wan just felt it happen.

Not to mention the fact the Exile formed bonds so easily, to the extent that no other Jedi seemed to. Perhaps Obi-Wan's ability to Force bond wasn't as powerful and thus his connection to the suffering of others wasn't as powerful.

Underwhelming? He seemed pretty shaken up by it.

Not to mention it's difficult to point to a movie and create an effect of how those many deaths would actually appear on screen. Should Obi-Wan have fallen over unconscious? Should he have began screaming?

Luke was new to the Force thing. He barely had access to it at that point so he wouldn't even notice it.

So, the mighty Exile almost dies; forced to be deafened to the Force on pain of instant death; Obi-Wan gets a headache and Luke (the offspring of the Chosen One, who was created out of pure midichlorians) says "You alright, daddio?".

Yep, that's about as consistent as GL gets. :)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So, the mighty Exile almost dies; forced to be deafen to the Force on pain of instant death; Obi-Wan gets a headache and Luke (the offspring of the Chosen One, who was created out of pure midichlorians) says "You alright, daddio?".

Yep, that's about as consistent as GL gets. :)

Read my response to kotorkyle's post.

That was just a vision that Kreia used to show you your past, but in training you. It wasn't real (didn't you notice Bastila there?).

Come on, of course I saw Bastilla. Just besause that was an hallucination of her doesn't mean she was never real. I think it highly probable that the exile was turning darkside at the time. However your point about the exiles force bonds is a good one and I can see the logic in that.

Come on, of course I saw Bastilla. Just besause that was an hallucination of her doesn't mean she was never real. I think it highly probable that the exile was turning darkside at the time.

Huh? When did I say Bastila was never real? I said the vision of her was false since (and the Exile's dialogue even says this), Bastila did not join Revan and Malak when they were recruiting Jedi.

So, the mighty Exile almost dies; forced to be deafen to the Force on pain of instant death; Obi-Wan gets a headache and Luke (the offspring of the Chosen One, who was created out of pure midichlorians) says "You alright, daddio?".

Yep, that's about as consistent as GL gets. ;)

Read my response to kotorkyle's post.

Look, if you're not going to take this seriously ...

... We can make stuff up and back-form reasons as to why the inconsistencies exist, even make them look like they had to be there for continuity ... still doesn't change the fact that it was garbage.

:huh:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Good question, I've wondered that myself. From what I gathered from the game and reading these boards, the exile was one who created bonds with those around him. As a result, he ended up being much more sensitive to those around him. So when all those people died on Malachor V, the exile could feel it much more strongly than a typical Jedi. That, and unlike Obi-Wan, he was close to the planet when it happened. I think.

Or maybe, as some have said, LA/Obsidian just weren't doing their homework. :huh:

well,

1 the exile like most people here have said, forms bound pretty easily (sp), so when they died, he heard them all die, obi wan never had such bound with someone on alderaan

2 obiwan was far from alderaan (still in hyperspace) when the exile was next to the planet

3 many people on malachor V were jedi, on alderaan, there was none

Most of the inconsistancies here are because of other writer, lets remember Georgie could give a sh1t about the EU, as long as his checks keep rolling in.

The whole dizzy spell by Obi-Won to me, is pretty much like the Ajunta Pall thing, and Exar Kun. Yoda seems to make it clear that one has to work on the technique before hand to become a living ghost within the force, but we hear no real reason why these two where able to obtain the same ability without really trying, other then some bling-bling

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I could have sworn Kriea said something about it having to do with Malachor itself as well as the other reasons given in the thread...forget the specifics though. More likely I am wrong ;)

Bastila did not join Revan and Malak when they were recruiting Jedi.

She did for a short while, and that's what I think the tomb shows. I considered the whole tomb like a "second chance" test to Exile and I played it with the (trying to be LS) reasoning that you don't regret anything because it made you the person you are now.

Mind you I've posted a few times that I wasn't a fan of this whole force wound/bond stuff but I don't see anything wrong with Darth Vader not being affected because he's DS and doesn't care, and Obi Wan, since not being directly there only receives a "Force shock" (and Luke is too n00b to feel it).

I'd rather the movies dictating the games, not the other way around.

It's had to get a wide spread franchise being consistant all the way through though.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Most of the inconsistancies here are because of other writer, lets remember Georgie could give a sh1t about the EU, as long as his checks keep rolling in.

LA approves all SW material - granted, there always will be inconsistancies - or certain things that are true, from a certain point of view.

The whole dizzy spell by Obi-Won to me, is pretty much like the Ajunta Pall thing, and Exar Kun. Yoda seems to make it clear that one has to work on the technique before hand to become a living ghost within the force, but we hear no real reason why these two where able to obtain the same ability without really trying, other then some bling-bling

I recommend watching the original series DVD's with the commentary - GL goes into some pretty in-depth explanation about why Obi-Wan dies in the first place (a last-minute change to the SW:ANH script) and why GL felt he had to return in SW:ESB.

How many Jedi were on Malachor V?

How many Jedi were on Alderaan?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

1 the exile like most people here have said, forms bound pretty easily (sp), so when they died, he heard them all die, obi wan never had such bound with someone on alderaan

2 obiwan was far from alderaan (still in hyperspace) when the exile was next to the planet

3 many people on malachor V were jedi, on alderaan, there was none

1. Senator Organa.

2. Force is not a spacial force; "Judge me by my size, do you?" (Yoda, ESB)

3. You cannot possibly know that.

Bastila did not join Revan and Malak when they were recruiting Jedi.

She did for a short while, and that's what I think the tomb shows. I considered the whole tomb like a "second chance" test to Exile and I played it with the (trying to be LS) reasoning that you don't regret anything because it made you the person you are now.

No. The Koriban tomb was all in the Exile's mind. It was not a timemachine, it was not a view of the past or future, or even alternate realities. It was a bunch of Assassins, masked by the DS, in the guise of familiar people to attack the Exile's mind.

None of the team mates in the tomb, for example, were really there.

"Apathy is death!"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No. The Koriban tomb was all in the Exile's mind. It was not a timemachine, it was not a view of the past or future, or even alternate realities. It was a bunch of Assassins, masked by the DS, in the guise of familiar people to attack the Exile's mind.

None of the team mates in the tomb, for example, were really there.

"Apathy is death!"

No, the Korriban tomb visions were of the exile's past (mixed with some things that didn't happen). The cave was generating the images. I don't know where you got the idea of them being 'assassins', the game clearly says they were hallucinations. And remember what the Kreia hallucination said? "You've re-visited the dark moments of your past and now you must face the present."