Big Brother 6

Volourn

"And a huge big fat woman who sat on a bottle and masturbated in the garden."

WTH? I hope you ain't serious. Geez..

Sorry to say that I am. She also kept getting her massive flabby breasts out whenever she could. :huh:

^_^

Best reason to date why Crapality Shows should be banned!

Oh, the humanity...

manthing2.jpg

Oh, the humanity...

Not having a TV is wonderful. I missed the whole of this year's Big Brother.

Two years ago, once the UK version of Big Brother 4 had finished, Channel 4 started showing the US version instead, eventually coming down to 'Jun' vs. 'Alison', who had managed to make themselves so utterly hated by the other participants that they could barely manage to stay in the same room. :)

What amused me was how much people's behaviour is determined, not by their personalities, but by the rules of the game. The US version featured open scheming, alliances, and the contestants all negotiated their votes directly. In the UK, the contestants aren't allowed to discuss nominations, and the eviction vote is always a public telephone poll, so contestants can't afford to behave too nastily for fear of losing public favour.

It's so easy to get sucked into watching this show, but in terms of really watching and following what's going on, once or twice was probably enough for me. ;)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I hated Allison. I hated her even more when she got on The Amazing Race, just because she was runner-up on Big Brother.

CBS tends to recycle their reality stars...I was very pissed off when Rob and Amber got on The Amazing Race, because Amber had already won $1 million on Survivor All-Stars.

Proud purveyor, owner and operator of the Wonder Twins

Oh, the humanity...

Not having a TV is wonderful. I missed the whole of this year's Big Brother.

Two years ago, once the UK version of Big Brother 4 had finished, Channel 4 started showing the US version instead, eventually coming down to 'Jun' vs. 'Alison', who had managed to make themselves so utterly hated by the other participants that they could barely manage to stay in the same room. ;)

What amused me was how much people's behaviour is determined, not by their personalities, but by the rules of the game. The US version featured open scheming, alliances, and the contestants all negotiated their votes directly. In the UK, the contestants aren't allowed to discuss nominations, and the eviction vote is always a public telephone poll, so contestants can't afford to behave too nastily for fear of losing public favour.

It's so easy to get sucked into watching this show, but in terms of really watching and following what's going on, once or twice was probably enough for me. :)

I think I like the British format better. Lets you get rid of the annoying arseholes.

I don't think any series will ever match the brilliance of the first one, though. Actually having a cheater in who couldn't be caught was great. The best part of that was that only the public knew what was going on, and we couldn't evict him because everyone in the house thought he was so nice. Nasty Nick was awesome.

The only other series that ever came close was the celebrity one, and that only because Jack Dee managed to escape from the house (by building a tunnel if I recall) and evade the security before being captured and brought back.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

First off, I've said for years now that "reality show" is a misnomer. Survivor, Big Brother, The Apprentice, et al, they're game shows. I think a lot of the criticism could have been avoided from the start if they avoided the "reality" tag.

That said, argh! The stupid moves this season! Yes, you can't trust James! So what? That doesn't make him more dangerous than the other team! You just take that into account! The Sovreigns were so focussed on getting rid of James and Sarah, that they missed a golden opportunity to get rid of Maggie who was the Fiendship's glue once Eric ("I have integrity! I play with integrity! I make soup with integrity! I stab you in the back with integrity! I make racist, homophobic remarks with integrity! I have integrity-ridden sex with integrity!") was gone. But nooooo... The there was Kaysar's stupid move. Oy vey. Don't even get me started on Jennifer's stupid move. Sure, she got rid of Kaysar and got her precious photos, but she would still be in the house right now if she put James up instead. The S4 would have let her putting them up for nomination slide if she still kept her word there. Now she's gone.

I'm actually feeling sorry for her. If you read her HOH blog at the CBS site, she said she thought she was doing what America wanted her to do. There are actually hate websites up about her now. As for the rest of the Fiendship, they thought Kaysar was only voted back in to stir things up, and they do believe they are America's Sweethearts. I'd love to see some follow-up interviews done about a month after the show is over.

What gets me season after season is watching people that you have to wonder if they've ever watched the show before. Big Brother, Survivor, and Apprentice, I keep seeing the same mistakes made over and over. Yeesh.

The US version featured open scheming, alliances, and the contestants all negotiated their votes directly.  In the UK, the contestants aren't allowed to discuss nominations, and the eviction vote is always a public telephone poll, so contestants can't afford to behave too nastily for fear of losing public favour.

Season 1 of the American BB was much the same with the public voting who to evict. The problem with that was it got really boring. I did enjoy it and watched the season, but what kept me coming back from season 2 on was watching the strategizing (or lack of) and trying to guess what move the HOH might make and thinking of what would be the best move for them to make.

The US version featured open scheming, alliances, and the contestants all negotiated their votes directly.  In the UK, the contestants aren't allowed to discuss nominations, and the eviction vote is always a public telephone poll, so contestants can't afford to behave too nastily for fear of losing public favour.

Season 1 of the American BB was much the same with the public voting who to evict. The problem with that was it got really boring. I did enjoy it and watched the season, but what kept me coming back from season 2 on was watching the strategizing (or lack of) and trying to guess what move the HOH might make and thinking of what would be the best move for them to make.

Must be that british reserve that kept it in place here, then. We'd much rather watch polite people sit around and have tea and cakes than a bunch of scheming bitchy people. :unsure:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Just wait. Come Thursday they'll vote off Howie and leave Rachel sitting around miserable until they vote her out. Of course having said that I expect Princess Sarah to post a spoiler proving once again I am completely out to lunch.

Was it just me or was that one of the weirdest veto competitions?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Just wait.  Come Thursday they'll vote off Howie and leave Rachel sitting around miserable until they vote her out.  Of course having said that I expect Princess Sarah to post a spoiler proving once again I am completely out to lunch. 

Was it just me or was that one of the weirdest veto competitions?

Notice they didn't show James underwater? Apparantly there was some controversy, he has admitted there was something he didn't do right, but they let the win stand. It would have been nice if Janelle had won though.

It's a tough call who they vote out, but if they vote out Howie I'll take comfort in the thought of Jennifer being stuck alone with him for a week. At least she'll have her creepy photo to keep her comforted, the one she wore around her neck like Kaysar's bloody heart.

And speaking of creepy, I didn't think the veto competition was weird, because that honour goes to the little move into the HOH room by the Fiendship and the bizarre shrine to Eric.

Apparantly there was some controversy, he has admitted there was something he didn't do right, but they let the win stand. It would have been nice if Janelle had won though.

For some reason I thought I saw him deposit two of the pictures at once. I think if James would have lost it wouldn't have made a difference. By that, I mean that the Alliance of Idiots ( cappy!! cappy!!!) wouldn't have voted James out. Its true that no one in the house trusts him ( except probably Yvette, but thats another topic), but they'll keep him around long enough until whats left of the other team is gone. Then its bye bye for James, because you can't win HOH back to back, and you just know they'll backdoor him so he can't win the veto.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Then its bye bye for James, because you can't win HOH back to back, and you just know they'll backdoor him so he can't win the veto.

You can win it back-to-back if you make final four, and he has more chance of making final four with Rachel, Howie and Janelle (well, whichever two are left after Thursday). The final three always all compete, so if you make final four that's one of the most important HOH competitions there is. If you can win the two in a row, you get to choose first the two weaker players, then you get to choose who you sit beside in final two.

New spoilers!

And this week's nominees are....

Janelle and Howie

Also...

Janelle said that she couldn't choose James to compete in the Veto competetion. So hopefully this time around the plan to back-door James will actually work.

Veto spoilers....

April won POV, seems like Janelle may have thrown the competition to win an all-expense-paid vacation. April is telling Janelle that her and Howie have nothing to worry about. Looks like April will take Janelle off the block in order to backdoor James. Howie has also told April that if he or Janelle get HOH next week, April will be safe.

No, I don't. Janelle is scum (just like the 'cult'). The only worthy player sstill in the game are James and April.

How is Janelle scum but April isn't? April has been one of the biggest hypocrites in the game, and it was her and Jennifer who started the crap about Michael being a sexual predator.