patch

There's a difference between bashing and stating facts. I'm asking you to avoid bashing. Because if the users of this board start bashing, it leads to warnings/bans/closed threads, etc. Don't aruge this, just continue your discussion.

I'd like to keep this thread open because it's quite obvious you guys, I don't know if this is the right word, fear what direction a company is headed. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here. You guys have valid points and opinions. Keep expressing that, though, becareful how you word your posts. That's all I'm asking.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

There's a difference between bashing and stating facts. I'm asking you to avoid bashing. Because if the users of this board start bashing, it leads to warnings/bans/closed threads, etc. Don't aruge this, just continue your discussion.

I'd like to keep this thread open because it's quite obvious you guys, I don't know if this is the right word, fear what direction a company is headed. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here. You guys have valid points and opinions. Keep expressing that, though, becareful how you word your posts. That's all I'm asking.

Off topic slightly, but weren't you just crazy before? Now you're an angry kid?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

All I can say is this: OE people are remaining silent on their take of what has been done.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

WHAT FREAKING PROFIT?

Name one solidly built, relatively bug free, finished CRPG that has been released in the last 6 months to a year.

There hasn't been a single one that has been worth the time or the money.  Spending $2000 on a up to date PC system is stupid.  The games just aren't there.  In order to have that much money spent it seriously needs to be worth my while.  That means at minimum 4 to 6 finished and good CRPGs released in a fiscal year.

Not going to happen.  We are lucky to get 2 decently made CRPGs in 4 to 6 years.  SCREW THAT.

Consoles have a steadier stream of high quality games, better resale value, and overall more cost effective than PC.

The funny thing is, is that this situation is not new. It's been happening for years. You had no problem supporting it a year ago though.

And now you ostracize those that stuck to their guns like you did a year a go.

Tsk tsk.

That is why I am not going to bother with Obsidian games in the future as well.  I mean I love the style of Chris A. and crew but there is no point in getting games from them if they don't work or unfinished and unsupported.

I think I'll hold on to this quote for safe keeping.

Just out of complete confusion, Hades, if you're not going to go with Obsidian's games then why spend countless hours on the message boards? To see if you can be persuaded otherwise by what their future releases are?

Actually, I am not exactly sure why Hades does what he does but he probably does it as he feels it self-justifies why he does it and how it is done.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I had emailed LA about two weeks ago... got the standard reply (which I posted here somewhere) from cs. Before that, I had made three phone calls and an email which went unanswered.

In a nutshell, they pointed out there is no live team for this game and thus no support. They claim they're happy with the end result (ie, quit bugging us because we're not doing anything about it.)

*shrug* Though they did claim that mysterious sound/movie patch was coming eventually (ie... whenever we darn well feel like doing it).

WHAT FREAKING PROFIT?

Name one solidly built, relatively bug free, finished CRPG that has been released in the last 6 months to a year.

There hasn't been a single one that has been worth the time or the money.  Spending $2000 on a up to date PC system is stupid.  The games just aren't there.  In order to have that much money spent it seriously needs to be worth my while.  That means at minimum 4 to 6 finished and good CRPGs released in a fiscal year.

Not going to happen.  We are lucky to get 2 decently made CRPGs in 4 to 6 years.  SCREW THAT.

Consoles have a steadier stream of high quality games, better resale value, and overall more cost effective than PC.

The funny thing is, is that this situation is not new. It's been happening for years. You had no problem supporting it a year ago though.

And now you ostracize those that stuck to their guns like you did a year a go.

Tsk tsk.

That is why I am not going to bother with Obsidian games in the future as well.  I mean I love the style of Chris A. and crew but there is no point in getting games from them if they don't work or unfinished and unsupported.

I think I'll hold on to this quote for safe keeping.

These aren't RPGs that came out in the past year, but I thought all three of the last Wizardry's were slick, bug-free, and well supported (not that they needed support since they shipped in great condition). The last one came out in 2001 or so though, and had a rather long development cycle. That's what I prefer really, a long development cycle and a bug-free game. It's always bothered me that some people will say that if all the fans hadn't been demanding the game immediately, they wouldn't have released the game too early... as if anticipation were a bad thing, and developers were slaves of message board trolls.

Just out of complete confusion, Hades, if you're not going to go with Obsidian's games then why spend countless hours on the message boards? To see if you can be persuaded otherwise by what their future releases are?

That's a rather silly question - it's only natural for a consumer to be dissatisfied with sub-par mechanise and/or service. To blindly unquestion such lack of quality is to adhere to the realms of conformity. However - to push the envelope, and relay these expectations of nothing short of improvement, is how otherwise inevitable mediocrity is defied, and progress ensured. :thumbsup:

---

ALSO: If you were crazy before, I can't understand why you're angry now. :-"

manthing2.jpg

One thing is that I would prefer mods that change only what it states it changes when installed into the game. There was a K2 mod for Vash's dialogue lines which I used. I am not exactly sure whether it was a random occurrence or if it indeed was a side effect of the mod, but as I was playing with an LS PC, after Visas came out of her meditation chamber in the Ravager, she had taken the DS path of hatred. Not something I was expecting, actually. Before that mod, I did not have that effect.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The other thing is that some of us may not be able to find anything to talk about, and starting new threads is hard. (Its always one person included that may discuss something that is out of topic, got sniped a few times for that, anyway).

Example:

Topic: Which is better? LS or DS

I basically talked about alignments and included stat bonuses for classes, and got locked out. (Although it was described in relation to alignment) Then again, it could go on forever!

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

That's a rather silly question - it's only natural for a consumer to be dissatisfied with sub-par mechanise and/or service. To blindly unquestion such lack of quality is to adhere to the realms of conformity. However - to push the envelope, and relay these expectations of nothing short of improvement, is how otherwise inevitable mediocrity is defied, and progress ensured. :*

---

ALSO: If you were crazy before, I can't understand why you're angry now. :*"

That's not a silly question. Hades has already made it clear his stance on the game (numerous times at that). If he is continuing to spend his hours complaining about the game in attempts to express his "dissatisified" experience, then he's wasting his time.

Besides, it's not like he paid for the game. I find it odd that a game that he didn't even pay for was able to push him away from PC gaming. Seems odd, given he wouldn't have been burned out of his money.

The other thing is the thread title. If the title is too specific, then posting discussions becomes difficult. Prefer to leave it a bit general though, so not really problems with moderators, at least as to how I look at it. Maybe someone could ask Hades about himself, as people find him a bit weird: Keeps on posting messages that don't really allow moderators to do anything, although it is not off-topic. It's like discussing about something and someone else asking us to just forget about it, when it has not been done before.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, we got it already. No need to repeat yourself countless times.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds