patch

They have lost their respect and trust from me, personally, due to K2.

There was a good amount of respect after the JK series too :).

I agree. I also lost a lot of respect for LucasArts. I haven't bought any games from them since KotOR 2, and I will be much more careful about purchasing games from them in the future. I'm sure I will buy games from them because I like Star Wars, but I might consider not even buying those titles if the games will be unfinished and forgotten like TSL was. <_<

Nobody buys Lucas games anymore. Not after they raped their legacy.

Raped indeed. What LucasArts has done was take advantage of a new company dedicated to high quality gaming and gave them nine months (I assume) to finish K2, stripping it (and it's predecessor) of all it's promised glory! :geek: Looking at the cut content, it would have taken more than nine months to finish a great looking sequel.

But, yes, it's also Obsidians fault for putting themselves in that position. Let's just hope that patch is out by the end of this month. (I seriously doubt it though.) <_<

Nobody buys Lucas games anymore. Not after they raped their legacy.

Raped indeed. What LucasArts has done was take advantage of a new company dedicated to high quality gaming and gave them nine months (I assume) to finish K2, stripping it (and it's predecessor) of all it's promised glory! :geek: Looking at the cut content, it would have taken more than nine months to finish a great looking sequel.

I think Muso was talking about Sam & Max and the fate of their adventure division.

Chances are Obsidian will end up like Troika. I'm not saying this to sound mean but by the looks of things they are following the same pattern. They release an incomplete product and blame the publisher.

I hope for our sakes I'm wrong.

Troika actually went over their deadline on TOEE and had extra time to do Vampire because Half Life 2 got delayed a year.

Obsidian had 9 months to do a sequel to a game that had a 3 year development cycle.

Obsidian was given a date, which was already short, and then had it cut another 3 months short.

Oddly enough, Troika never once put together a complete game despite having a lengthy development process on all of their titles.

Immersion? In third person rpg? With pre-set paths? Your skills of escapism baffle me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

[side Note]

Just an FYI for you boarderline RuleLawyers: One of Obsidian's rules that you guys agreed to upon registry was to not bash other companies. You really haven't done that...yet. Just making note of it so I don't have to close the thread.

[/side Note]

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Just an FYI for you boarderline RuleLawyers: One of Obsidian's rules that you guys agreed to upon registry was to not bash other companies. You really haven't done that...yet. Just making note of it so I don't have to close the thread.

I think the correct term is Rules Lawyer. Just FYI. :lol:"

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Hah, that thing is a true classic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually, it makes sense to wait and see what happens with the mod although some things might not be inside it.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Then, why some of theses "other companies" are leading us to bash them ?

Development time is irrelevant to the consumer. Only thing that matters to the player is the quality of the game. Behind the scenes crap is just that and not overall important on a game's release.

The game could take 5 years or 2 months to development, and it would be meaningless to the average player. All they are concerned is the game playable, is it fun to play, and is it supported post release.

Is Obsidian going the path of Troika? It looks like it.