patch

That is why I am not going to bother with Obsidian games in the future as well.  I mean I love the style of Chris A. and crew but there is no point in getting games from them if they don't work or unfinished and unsupported.

Are you seeing a pattern with what happened to Troika and what might happen with OE ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The console version of K2 was also buggy, there's just no possibility of that one being patched.

Every single crash I encountered on the XBox version was due to a bad disc. The game kept tried to load data and couldn't read the disc. Once I put the game on my HDD, I never once had a single issue.

That is why I am not going to bother with Obsidian games in the future as well.  I mean I love the style of Chris A. and crew but there is no point in getting games from them if they don't work or unfinished and unsupported.

Are you seeing a pattern with what happened to Troika and what might happen with OE ...

Agreed. After seeing Arcanum, then ToEE, and then Bloodlines, I pretty much gave up on Troika.

Obsidian put out one game, and was in a tough situation.

Usually the publisher doesn't run out of money or close its doors during production on a major title, but it happened none the less. LucasArts also demanded that certain threads be closed when Obsidian was talking about a content patch.

Obsidian wanted to support the game with a content and movie patch. It would appear LucasArts decided to crush both of those. And Hades wants to blame Obsidian repeatedly despite knowing better.

Just because he is bitter, that doesn't mean that Obsidian is really at fault here.

*sticks fingers in ears*

Lalalalala... I'm not listening!

>_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If it's true that nearly every game loses money and the only games that matter are the runaway successes, then Obsidian needs a runaway success. Is that likely to be NWN2? It is a PC-only game and a sequel - my (very limited) understanding is that it's rare for a sequel to sell as well as the original.

Perhaps PNJ is their 'make or break game'.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Agreed. After seeing Arcanum, then ToEE, and then Bloodlines, I pretty much gave up on Troika.

I gave up on Troika at ToEE and yes, I do see Obsidian following a similar path. I won't be getting NWN 2 for I don't own a computer any more. Gave the laptop I was using back and no longer making payments on it. I am using a friend's comp right now and I just use it for Internet and Office. Its all it is capable of doing.

I don't own a computer any more.  Gave the laptop I was using back and no longer making payments on it.  I am using a friend's comp right now and I just use it for Internet and Office.  Its all it is capable of doing.

:-

Bah - who needs those computer things anyway. Everyone knows all the r0x0rz gamz (JE2 etc), will be for M$ XBOX n' stuff. :D

manthing2.jpg

So it is our fault that KotOR 2 is an unfinished, unsupported, buggy POS?  :thumbsup:

I never get tired of seeing Hades bring up completely unrelated arguments to make an absolutely random post in a totally pointless manner.

Yes Hades. What you say is true. But the game was exactly the same for the Xbox, if not worse. So shut up.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So it is our fault that KotOR 2 is an unfinished, unsupported, buggy POS?  :thumbsup:

I never get tired of seeing Hades bring up completely unrelated arguments to make an absolutely random post in a totally pointless manner.

Yes Hades. What you say is true. But the game was exactly the same for the Xbox, if not worse. So shut up.

We are discussing the patch or the serious lack there of. After all that is the point of this thread. Also the merits and demerits of console versus PC has arised in this discussion. KotOR 2 for the X Box has this one thing that makes it superior to the PC version. You can trade it in for a different game.

Not random or pointless, but relavant to the thread and to the forum at hand.

We are discussing the patch or the serious lack there of.  After all that is the point of this thread.  Also the merits and demerits of console versus PC has arised in this discussion.  KotOR 2 for the X Box has this one thing that makes it superior to the PC version.  You can trade it in for a different game.

Not random or pointless, but relavant to the thread and to the forum at hand.

No. Jags said that it sucks to buy hardware only to find that it isn't supported. I replied in a somewhat nonsensical fashion that it's your fault for not knowing what you're doing when you buy said hardware.

And then you came in with your average "It's our fault that K2 suxx0rz??!1" comment. How is that related to a discussion about hardware compatibility?

I'll tell you, because you're not going to figure this one out on your own.

In NO f'ing way

:thumbsup:

That is why Consoles do not suck because its all in a nice premade package which one doesn't need to worry about hardware incompatibilities. They can just play the game. Thank you for proving Jag is right.

*whispers to himself*My diabolical plan worked. Tee hee.

YOU LOSE! :thumbsup: