The PS3 without a HD? Guess what the Xbox 360 ...

Drakron

No, probably argue that this added flexibility allows for better, upgraded, latest technological HD add-on, whilst keeping the entry-level model available to the widest possible audience. A real console for the people ..! :p"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Theyre not including a HD in order to make it impossible to do the kind of mod that made it possible to have large numbers of pirated titles stored and ready to pkay like on the old Xbox

I think this one was supposed to have some extra heinious protection system aswell.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you said "HD" you win.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/17/news_6131245.html

It seens the basic Xbox 360 package does not come with a HD.

Take that and smoke it Xbox fanboys.

Heh, MS are copying Sony's tactics in such a degree that it isn't even funny anymore.

Since neither has a "must-have launch-title", i'll settle for some retro-feel with playing Final Fantasy VI on the Revolution when it arrives. (Imagine that, buying a console for playing old games says alot about the launch titles for the next generation)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just dont understand why they cant make a PC compatible console so you babies wont nib good games from us civilised people who prefer our computrerized devices to actually be useful

:-"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The new XBox will be very similar to Windoze PCs ... all XBox 360 hardware (controllers, etc) will be compatible with Longhorn (the next version of Win).

Of course, there are still differences in development, but they aren't as big as this last generation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Way back when PS3 was said to not include a HD at a basic package I said I like it because I dont want to see developers looking at a console HD as anything more that a storage device for save game files.

Funny enough is that the article I linked have a MS representative saying pretty much the same thing.

Now I do find curious that TES IV:Oblivion no longer have a PS3 version as as in the past it could be said that was because the PS3 HD is not included in all PS3 but now the same will happen with the Xbox 360.

Considering the fact that TES games have always been fairly bugged ... makes me wonder if Sony would want something with the technical quality of Morrowind being a lauch title for their console.

And before anyone decided to call me a PS2 fanboy ... I own a Xbox and all Xbox games I played so far were relative bug free but then again I dont own that many and did my research over how stable those games were, I say that MS simply have too much of a relaxed quality control over what is published for their systems and I dont see that going to change.

drakron.png

That ends up being a load of crap, the PS2 does the same same with a HD and only thing that improves is loading time.

The fact is the HD sould never been used beyond save game storage, the fact a lot of people reported problems because games WERE using the HD to cache data and screwing up the games, the HD was never intended to been used in such a way.

What happen is that both PS3 and XBox 360 will both have games that will use the HD to cache data but that is going to be optimal.

drakron.png

Did someone state that the X-Box was going to ship at $299 with the HDD included? ...Or was the price originally going to be $399 for the package and they've decided to reduce the price? The point is, if they haven't offered less for the same price or more for an increased price, I don't see why it's a big deal that they're offering a basic package.

All that aside, I don't intend to buy any system without an HDD. I use my hard disk, and I'll be damned if I'll buy a console without one. If they're too exhuberant with the pricing, I'll buy nothing.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!