Party Members in K1 + K2

I'm probably the only person who didn't like KOTOR romances, but I feel compelled to say that I never found them a tiny bit realistic. In either game. That said, I prefer an ending that has less romance and fewer cliches.

I am not a huge fan of the romance storylines either. I guess they can be a challenge to your alignment if you're going for LS, or the LS members of your party if virtue isn't a concern (Bastila talks about how Jedi do not do such things, and the Handmaiden seems very concerned about how it could affect you/her). Still, Jolee's thoughts on love were more meaningful - and less cliche. The Handmaiden just made me want to file stalking charges - everything about her was irritating to me, so I guess it was part of her character :( At least you could persuade her to put her clothing back on.

Jolee's thoughts on love were more meaningful - and less cliche.

This'll go outside considering just the party members, but I think the 3 different love stories in K1 (Male, preferably LS) worked really well together and was designed to provide all these different points.

1. The datapads on Kashyyyk and Korriban about that Jedi Trio who got split during the Great Hunt because two of them fell in love (can't remember their names) and it was their doom (well premature doom anyway)

2. Jolee telling of his wife and such and turned Sith, and so on, and tells of how love can work and all that stuff

3. Your romacne quest with Bastila

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Did anyone else find Bas annoying?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I am not a huge fan of the romance storylines either. I guess they can be a challenge to your alignment if you're going for LS, or the LS members of your party if virtue isn't a concern (Bastila talks about how Jedi do not do such things, and the Handmaiden seems very concerned about how it could affect you/her). Still, Jolee's thoughts on love were more meaningful - and less cliche.

The romances were never forced upon the player, you can just say no. Better to have optional ones to satisfy lonely fanboys (like me :ph34r: ) than not at all. This is OT, but what makes a romance cliche? They certainly don't have the depth of, say, Viconia in BG2, but in-depth character development is tough to do in a 40 hour game, and that's a long game by today's standards. I'd prefer they cut the cast of party members down and have fewer, more meaningful characters myself, but...

The Handmaiden just made me want to file stalking charges - everything about her was irritating to me, so I guess it was part of her character :lol: At least you could persuade her to put her clothing back on.

I thought she was the most likeable character in K2 ;) . And I guess devs are thinking since they can't create characters that every player likes, it's better to make lots of them in hopes that every player likes at least somebody. Or dislike, in the case of G0T0.

Edit: Er... to be OT so this thread doesn't get locked, I liked K1 characters better.

The romances were never forced upon the player, you can just say no. Better to have optional ones to satisfy lonely fanboys (like me  :ph34r: ) than not at all. This is OT, but what makes a romance cliche?

Ahhh - meant that K1 was a little less cliche than K2 as far as the love stories go. K2's competition for your character's affections seemed silly to me. Same old 'who will win the hero's heart' thing that shows up in so many movies and games. It's cute, but takes more character depth to pull it off. As you pointed out, there wasn't really time to have that in place.

I thought she was the most likeable character in K2  :) . And I guess devs are thinking since they can't create characters that every player likes, it's better to make lots of them in hopes that every player likes at least somebody.

Awww, sorry :- I agree on that, given 9 people, there's a pretty good chance you're going to end up disliking at least 1. And it's plenty fun to pick on the characters you don't like, in both 1/2. Maybe that is back on topic, too...heh.

Silence, Bastila hater. But seriously Mus, did you even bother to get all the dialogue out of her (as a male PC?)

For those of you who are wondering, I'm not just looking for your favorite party members, but also which game you thought had the best overall (as a whole), and which one you think executed things like dialogue, skills, unique traits, personality, etc better. :)

Silence, Bastila hater. But seriously Mus, did you even bother to get all the dialogue out of her (as a male PC?)

Are you asking if I scrounged the romance dry? Then, no, but I did chat with her extensively and solved the mother-daughter side story. Let's just say that I didn't grow to appreciate her as a charcter. Voice was okay though, but hey...it's Hale.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Are you asking if I scrounged the romance dry? Then, no, but I did chat with her extensively and solved the mother-daughter side story. Let's just say that I didn't grow to appreciate her as a charcter. Voice was okay though, but hey...it's Hale.

I'd come up with a retort for this, but it would just get deleted by the mod anyways.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, there you go. You really have to complete the romance sidequest to get all the dialogue out of her and appreciate her character. That is where she stops preaching and even apologizes for her rude behavior (although she does that with both genders) and becomes a different character. She even loses her own confidence and starts doubting herself and looking up to your PC for support. :p

That already happened. I didn't feel very symphatetic.

kirottu said:

That already happened. I didn't feel very symphatetic.

Sym..what?

I dunno. I liked Bastila's fall. Sure, it came and went too quickly, but I still thought she made for an interesting character.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)