Im going to game development school

We miss you Kafty. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The first week in universities in Sweden usually consist of something called "nollning" (no idea how to translate that). It's basically eating up all your time in the afternoons and evenings (weird games, stupid party's, lots of rituals and plenty of bonding) and at the same time you're trying to keep up with the first few courses. I am betting it'll be a few days until we see Kaftan again.

Good luck, Kafty!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I would have popped in sooner but I didnt get my access to the schoolnetwork til today and I havent even got my computer yet (just a suitcase with the most basic stuff) so my presence here will be random until I get everything fixed up.

The "nollning" is ok, except the idiots paired us 1337 gamedevs with economy students so its just me and the leaders who are from my department. I would like to know the people in my class first before.. and since Im eating penicilin for my wisdom tooth, I cant drink that much either.. gah

The education seems really awesome, we've got more gadgets and thingies than any other scandinavian Uni(including that sweet professional grade MoCap studio) and the teachers are from everywhere from L.A to Australia. Its also completely focused on game design, when we finish, we will be fully ready to take a job at a major developer.

...and we're almost all CRPG fanatics :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Good to hear from you.

I wonder; what a re you planning to do after the school?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I wonder; what a re you planning to do after the school?

Ask me that again in 3 years :D

but its one of these:

-get a job at a developer

-get a publisher for the games I will be making here at Uni

-start a dev house of my own

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

:cool: From gamers, by gamers, to gamers.

kirottu said:

Ive managed to break into school and hog a comp(because my access isnt working) and its interesting, all our lectures can be downloaded online as *.pdf's or powerpoint files so Ive been thinking about the morality of sharing it with you(if anyone's interested)

I mean, its already been paid for by the state so whats the harm in sharing it with the rest of the world? ;)!

oh, I forgot to say that.. just one of my teachers is Swedish. The rest are Brits, Danes, Aussies, and a solitary American so 90% of the education is in english, part of those 90% is the current lectures on the basics of game design and analysis.

Ive managed to break into school and hog a comp(because my access isnt working) and its interesting, all our lectures can be downloaded online as *.pdf's or powerpoint files so Ive been thinking about the morality of sharing it with you(if anyone's interested)

I mean, its already been paid for by the state so whats the harm in sharing it with the rest of the world? :-!

Ohh! This is perfectly ilegal! Yumm! :p

Its mostly theoretical now, part of a course called "Introduction to game design and analysis" so theres no juicy how-to-program-realistic-shaders yet. I just downloaded a thingie at random to show you what it is(something thats completely legal to post here)

IGAD05_Interactive_Narrative_InfoAboutLecture.pdf

One perk I recently discovered is the game library :D I guess its obvious what thats about, free games for me!

Its also in some cases legal to download pirated games and other things, I dont know how it works but its possible.. I guess its the Uni who pays some sort of license thingie

Awesome, Kaftan. Just don't get yourself in trouble. That game library thing is da bomb.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!