KotOR II: - Comparing Games! (**SPOLIERS**)

Guest MacleodCorp

Guest MacleodCorp

KotOR II: - Comparing Games! (**SPOLIERS**)

DS Female vs. LS Male (**SPOLIERS**)

During my free time, I am playing two games to see if there are significant differences. I want to answer a question, which I previously saw in these forums. Does the dialogue change for each senerio and location. Within this thread, I hope others will add to what I have found...

My two games consists of:

LS Male (LS Male-Revan)

DS Female (DS Female-Revan)

As of this weekend, I have made it through Telos. At this moment, I have found extensive changes in the game, which resulted from my choices:

1. Within the Telos Cantina, there is a sidequest, which you deal with a Twi'lik dancer.

- If you are lightside, you can return her to her husband/boyfried. However, there is a complication where the dancer argues with her boyfriend/husband.

- If you are darkside, you earn some serious darkside points: After you make the Twi'lik dancer a slave, talk to Luxa, and then you can have Doton killed for taking buisness away from the exchange. You will be present at Doton's interegation. All party members are present, and two Exchange guards. During your conversations, you can get two darkside points by killing off Doton and creating an argument bewteen the Dancer and her boyfriend. The cutscenes are hilirious.

2. When in Atris's Jedi Academy, Atton and Kreia are being held in force cages. After you talk to Atris, talk to the Handmaidens, and then get to your team. You will find out about Atton's Echani training. After the cutscene, where you rescue Kreia, Atton, and Bou-Dur, talk to Atton (Right out side the force cages)...

- If your are lightside, he usually talks about wanting to leave the academy.

- If he is darkside, you can talk to him right away about knowing Echani techniques. However, make sure Kreia is present, for it causes some 'Vader' and ' Emporer' type of dialogue to appear.

The above are only a few changes, but there are definatly dialogue alterations. Most of the dialogue changes occure on location. If you do not talk to your team mates on location, you may never find out important game details. I have played this game through on several occassions, and I only talked to my crew on the Ebon Hawk. Since I kept my conversations off planet, I have no doubt missed some important, hilirious, and strange dialogue. Some of my first experience as light and darkside characters were also influenced by having low intelegence and wisdom. If you alter those two skills, you will open up more dialogue. Every small change can alter your experience, and many cutscenes can be missed.

During my first walk through, I was only able to make the Twi'lik dancer my slave. As I altered my skills, during the next walk through, I was able to make the outcome of the dancer's story more complex. Therefore, manipulate and change your skills as well. It is so easy to miss opportunities to make the sidequests complex. In most cases, you can cause the sidequests to be short and simple, but you will not have extensive conversations or outcomes.

i don't like doing a DSF game, you lose influence with disciple just for being DS, it doesn't matter what conversation choices you choose :-

as for the dancer in the cantina, in my DS games, i just leave her there, so i can come back and get some credits off her :-"

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest MacleodCorp
Edit:: As for the dancer in the cantina, in my DS games, i just leave her there, so i can come back and get some credits off her  :-"

During my first set of games, I usually choose your path. However, I started to notice some really cool, but complex conversations and cutscenes. Some are really dark in nature. It felt like I was 'Vader' at one point.

yeah it's much more evil to get him beaten up (or killed)

or you can start off by doing it the light side way, and take her back to him, then make her go back to dancing, and there's not a thing he can do about it :-

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest MacleodCorp
yeah it's much more evil to get him beaten up (or killed)

or you can start off by doing it the light side way, and take her back to him, then make her go back to dancing, and there's not a thing he can do about it  :p

Lol...

My original intention of this post was to make people aware that they could end up missing something if they don't try everything. When I read the posts in these forums, I started to read things that I never saw or heard in game. When I went to investigate, I noticed that my skill stats may also be to blame. I have never played through the game as Sentinel class Jedi, and the game does change slightly. However, most of the game changes occure when you add to intellegence, wisdom, and persuade. If you play with those skills, you are able to open up more options in your dialogues. Deciding wether Revan was Female/Male or Light/Dark changes the core game slightly, but they are enhanced through your skill and dialogue choices.

Some people allready know this stuff. I thought that I would open a post, so people can share their feedback.

At the moment, my view of the game is changing, for I have opened up more options. Things in game are now looking different. Things are getting interesting.