RPGDot

EnderAndrew

I am officially an editor over at RPGDot now.

I've found personally that too many news or review sites slant towards one extreme or the other. They might be in publisher's laps offering out 9.9 reviews for unfinished, buggy games left and right or they slam everything out of habit while asshattery ensues.

That doesn't appear to be the case wirh RPGDot. They report news quickly, thoroughly and cover just about everything. Their database of games is a great asset (though it needs some work). I will be reporting news, landing exclusive interviews, doing reviews and writing features/editorials.

Many of the interviews will take a while as I must establish rapports with all of the PR agents for the various publishes and start going through them. I didn't inherit much of a contact list, and some major publshers like Microsoft are in the process of switching PR agencies right now.

However, I have made contact with some people already and have some interviews in the pipeline. Just so that people can see that I'm working visibly, I posted a small editorial in our Side Quest series.

I will also be starting a new feature of Retro Reviews covering classics in the genre. If people have suggestions for stories, please let me know. I am working towards helping to futher the site and foster the community there. Considering what the site has to offer, I am surprised the forums hardly get used there.

My annoucement

Side Quest: Defining The Evolving Genre

Please stop by and leave some feedback!

I've found personally that too many news or review sites slant towards one extreme or the other.  They might be in publisher's laps offering out 9.9 reviews for unfinished, buggy games left and right or they slam everything out of habit while asshattery ensues.

You must have missed their Morrowing(97) or Kotor 1(96) reviews.

Pretty high scores.

RPG News wise they are in my opinion the best there is.

Dhruin's reviews are pretty much the only ones I read these days.

I hope you'll change that.

Congrats either way.

Ya goodluck, I hope all you can establish your contacts quickly

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Have fun! And avoid the forums. The regulars are even scarier there than here.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest Fishboot

I think it's hard for cross-traditional RPG sites to get a forum going, because it seems like the different bloodlines of RPG fans tend to hate each other. BIS/Baldur's Gate fans hate TES fans who hate JRPG fans who hate Diablo/Roguelike fans who hate P&P purists who hate MMORPG fans... and so on. I mean, if you're a newbie here or at RPG Codex or NMA you know in 5 minutes what lines of argument are going to carry weight and which will draw flames, but at a generalist site people will revile one style and lionize another essentially at random. :)