Vogga the Hutt

What'd you guys think of Vogga? Sure, he isn't as powerful as almighty Jabba, but I don't think he's as crooked. Heck, all he wants is the Exchange and Goto outta his mess, and he even gives Telos some fuel! I think Jabba would've eventually gotten sick of trying to find Goto and would have eventually just blown up his droid, and he probably would have just let Telos die and made everyone there his slaves or fed them to his Rancor or Sarlacc.

I think Vogga is a LOT younger than Jabba (IIRC Jabba was somewhere around 600 in the movies) - I think Vogga can't be older than 400, he's probably in his 300's. It would have been more interesting to see him be more developed, maybe he could have formed a friendship with the Exile, even with the knowledge that she's a Jedi (no doubt he knows they make powerful allies, especially after she saves his transports), and maybe if the Exile returns in III, there could be a moment where Vogga returns the favor

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The reason Vogga didn't blow up GoTo was because he couldn't find him. Why do you think he had Hanharr hunting GoTo? He also agreed to send the fuel to Telos (at a HUGE profit) only if the Exile eliminated GoTo for him.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Because Goto was constantly in his buisness. Kinda hard to get transports around when a giant yacht turns off its cloaking device and molests your transports. I think if it had gone any longer, Vogga would have told Hanharr to destroy the droid, since we get the impression he's seen it several times.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

What would blowing up the droid achive? Unless your thinking that GOTO is infact the droid?

I always found it funny that i could speak to vogga, with GOTO in my party, and voggo would say "i se you arnt dragging GOTO's body behind you" (or something like that) and he would say it whilst GOTO was hovering up and down next to him, heh.

What would blowing up the droid achive? Unless your thinking that GOTO is infact the droid?

FYI:

It is. (Not to be mean but it's been mentioned in several other threads as well)

DAWUSS

*gasp*

but... well. what else can i say, i never suspected that in the slightest.

Maybe nobody in the game knows that? Just like i didnt know.

gotta say, you caught me totally off guard with that, i'm gonna look into it...

thanks for strightening me out.

Maybe nobody in the game knows that? Just like i didnt know.

exactly

Vogga certainly doesn't know that, so ordering Hanharr to destroy the droid would accomplish nothing, because the "real" Goto is still out there, just one droid short

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Holy sith, its true ;)

I've just spent about an hour fiddling with influence with GoTo and talking with him, pretty interesting stuff. Considering i've been through the game many times and have missed something as big as this is very pleasing.

Maybe if vogga -in a moment of anger- had the GoTo droid destroyed, for example, if he met with it for negotiation over something and it displeased him, then it would maybe have been destroyed.

However that didnt happen, and thus, GoTo still remains at large.

HK47: what is it, fat one?

oh hk, you amuse me so... why did they remove your factory :(

I think G0-T0 is destroyed on Malachor along with the Remote, which may bring up more difficulty in dealing with the HK-50's since they're still programmed to hunt down the Exile (as the Droid Factory was dropped in TSL).

DAWUSS

Telos but it's either

A: The military sublevels which you can't access

or

B: In some area which you don't visit period

DAWUSS

Holy sith, its true  :geek:

I've just spent about an hour fiddling with influence with GoTo and talking with him, pretty interesting stuff. Considering i've been through the game many times and have missed something as big as this is very pleasing.

Maybe if vogga -in a moment of anger- had the GoTo droid destroyed, for example, if he met with it for negotiation over something and it displeased him, then it would maybe have been destroyed.

However that didnt happen, and thus, GoTo still remains at large.

HK47: what is it, fat one?

oh hk, you amuse me so... why did they remove your factory  :-

I think if things had escalated further, Vogga would have ordered Hanharr to destroy the droid as he would have gotten sick of seeing it, and he would hope that destroying the droid would bring out Goto the man. Then he wouldn't have to worry about that yacht destroying his transports, and Vogga would be happy for the time being.

DAWUSS

I was referring to if it had escalated and the Exile had not arrived when she did

DAWUSS

Vogga wasn't such a bad guy he was just a little bit of a scammer (who isn't?)

What I wonder is how G0T0 had a cloaking device when the Emperor couldn't get them to work correctly...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I thought G0T0 also had jamming devices to hide his yacht from the radar

DAWUSS

Telos but it's either

A: The military sublevels which you can't access

or

B: In some area which you don't visit period

It is the sublevel, that's why the broken HK-50 was nearby and how they seemed to know about how to work the computer.

And G0-T0 was going to be blown up on Malachor by a joint effort of HK-47 and the HK-51s.

I'm not sure which was better, G0-T0 being done in by the Remote (yay for the little guy!) or G0-T0 being done in by his own creations (HK-50's)

DAWUSS

• 1 month later...
Speaking of "Vogga the Hutt," how do you finish the "Vogga the Hutt" quest that starts if you listen in on the trandoshans at the cantina? (not the ones at the flophopuse)

The answer is on page 34 of an old number of the Penthutt

Penthutt.jpg

:)

P.S. Seriously, I don't know about the quest, I'm sorry.....

find the ones in the docks and stealth them. Then you go to Voggas put him and his pups to sleep and pop the door behind him

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.