Redemption Dantooine Quest Completion?

Alright, I just finished up Dantooine, second to the last planet (still have to do korriban) I just wanted to know if there's ANY possible way to complete this quest. I've read around on the forums and saw that you can just avoid it by not revealing yourself and not bringing up the topic with the administrator chick, but I wanted to know if there's a way to complete the quest once you've triggered it. So far, it's the only incomplete quest in my journal. I managed to complete the Fuel For Telos mission by talking to the Hutt on Nar Shaddaa and I managed to complete the escaped criminals bounty when I found them on the surface. So the only incomplete quest in my journal is "Redemption" which is starting to annoy me. :angry:

I patched to the newest version, so I was wondering if there were other places where you could finish this quest. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :blink:

Many Thanks!

~Versailles

Where did you find the escaped criminals? I looked for them at Czerka's base on surface and found nothing.

In regard to your question, I've seen some threads about the Redemption quest before and it's a loose end quest, so you really can't complete it.

Where did you find the escaped criminals? I looked for them at Czerka's base on surface and found nothing.

Just tell Colonel Grenn that you killed them when you first report them at the Czerka office. He believes you and it registers as mission complete.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You have to sight them, and report them in a specific order in order to catch them on the land below and complete the quest... I'm not sure if it's a bug or if thats the way it's suppose to be.

@ Original Posted

Talk to the old man near you ship after you help save the little town/whatever. Then talk to the Woman outside the door to the little building (sorry, I haven't touched this game in so long, forgot the names for things). Then talk to the rest of the people inside... I never worked for me, but some people claimed it worked.

I never got the Redemption quest to work for me, even after talking to everyone possible.

You were supposedly also supposed to get people to successfully join the militia in that fight against Azkul's mercenaries.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You have to talk to the woman outside the council chamber after resolving the trouble on Dantooine.

That way, she comes to the conclusion that not all Force Users (Jedi [sic passim]) are evil, hence the name of the quest.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

On the matter of the escaped criminals, I finished up nearly everything on Telos, then I talked to Grenn about the bounties. Afterwards, I walked in to talk to the czerka chick and I saw them there, then they escaped.

They later ambushed me when I landed on the surface of Telos and I killed them.

I can't remember if I lied to grenn and told him that I killed them or if I actually killed them and just notified him of such, but either way, the quest was completed that way.

I decided to just replay Dantooine and avoid the gh3y "Redemption" quest all together, since I can't find any way to complete it otherwise.

You have to talk to the woman outside the council chamber after resolving the trouble on Dantooine.

metadigital, Which woman? There's the one chick who's outside Koonda who first greets you as you land. But when I first got off the ebon hawk, I unequipped my sabers and she just greeted me as a salvager.

I still have my old saves, except after I sided with koonda and did all the stuff, I talked to everybody and nobody had any comments like that.

The only one guy who seemed to have anything relevant to say was the 2nd in command. When I talked to him about the Jedi, he said that he agreed with them, but didn't want to talk about it. So I said something to the effect of, "doing the right thing isn't always easy." then he said it was easier said than done, so I used persuade and he agreed to speak favorably about the Jedi in the future. However, that made like no impact at all on the quest. It didn't update the journal.

Yeah, the woman just outside. If you approach her with a lightsabre she mutters something about Jedi and casts general aspersions on their combined gene pool.

Afterwards she is in the same place (or maybe just inside the building) and you can speak with her to discover her new attitude and respect for you and other Jedi.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, the woman just outside. If you approach her with a lightsabre she mutters something about Jedi and casts general aspersions on their combined gene pool.

Afterwards she is in the same place (or maybe just inside the building) and you can speak with her to discover her new attitude and respect for you and other Jedi.

hmm, well, the first time around, I did that, except when I talked to her, she just began ranting about how l33t the jedi were, but it didn't update my journal and remove the annoying quest. Once I finish the general stuff, I'll try activating the quest again and see if I can complete it.

hmm, well, the first time around, I did that, except when I talked to her, she just began ranting about how l33t the jedi were, but it didn't update my journal and remove the annoying quest. Once I finish the general stuff, I'll try activating the quest again and see if I can complete it.

the woman is dillan and after saving dantooine from the mercs all she says is that she was glad that she survived and that the mercs didn't. this time I went ds so I killed the old fool for trying to tell the others. :lol:

Fuel For Telos: You think it is completed, but it isn't. The bug in this one is that the quest appears too fast in the "completed quest" section, while ingame NPC's and action still think you got no fuel for Telos

Telos' Criminals: Lucky... Just lucky

Redemption: Nope, no way. Is not the only quest that is or can get unfinishable, so don't worry about it.

Fuel For Telos: You think it is completed, but it isn't. The bug in this one is that the quest appears too fast in the "completed quest" section, while ingame NPC's and action still think you got no fuel for Telos

Telos' Criminals: Lucky... Just lucky

Redemption: Nope, no way. Is not the only quest that is or can get unfinishable, so don't worry about it.

well, truly completed or not, I don't really care, as long as the blasted fuel for telos is out of the journal. But yeah, I think I recall some of the NPCs still acting like jackasses. No real surprise there though, I remember having the same issue with Morrowind. After I completed the main quest and saved everybody, all the NPCs basically told me, "We're Watching You.....SCUM!!" not until the next patch/expansion did they say, "oh! it's you! our savior! thank you!"

As for Redemption, yeah, I replayed again and I couldn't find any way to complete it, so I figured screw it and just avoided it entirely. But I noticed that after a certain point, you can't even get the quest triggered.

When I was initially talking to the droid at the landing pad and the old man heard it call me Jedi, I said, "come on, look at me? do you think I'm a jedi?" "well, I guess not. Sorry for being jumpy, it's just that we all hate Jedi." "don't worry, I hate the Jedi too." "say, you're not so bad, you know?" After that, there was no way for me to trigger the journal entry from him.

And after the merc attack was stopped, I could no longer trigger it from the administrator. Actually, I couldn't even trigger it once I exited the the crystal cave and was ambushed by the mercs.

Also, a quick question about that "second in command" quest. I was unable to find any evidence to incriminate Zehrron, except before I knew it, the mercs were attacking and my journal updated to "whatever evidence you had is now worthless, due to the fact that Zehrron was right and the mercs are poised to attack."

about the evidence to incriminate zherron. that's the atmospheric sensors. I usually only incriminate zherron when I'm ds cause then I can kill the black guy for ds points and 5050 credits and then get zherron removed temporarily from post. :thumbsup:

You need to have Bao-Dur when finding these sensors though.

And what "black dude" are you talking about, the one that wants these sensors?

PS. Moved to spoilers section...

about the evidence to incriminate zherron. that's the atmospheric sensors. I usually only incriminate zherron when I'm ds cause then I can kill the black guy for ds points and 5050 credits and then get zherron removed temporarily from post. :thumbsup:

yeah, that guy. I never remember his name.

Actually no - if you have a high enough Repair skill, you can do it even without Bao-Dur. It's a good idea to have him there, though, because dealing discovering the truth about the sensors is one of the few things that builds influence with Bao-Dur. I usually make sure to have Bao-Dur in the group at that point, but when he offers to look the sensors over, I just do it myself with my Repair skill, and when I succeed, Bao-Dur praises me for my skill at it *and* I still get to build influence with him :thumbsup:

yeah, that guy. I never remember his name.

Saedhe

Actually no - if you have a high enough Repair skill, you can do it even without Bao-Dur. It's a good idea to have him there, though, because dealing discovering the truth about the sensors is one of the few things that builds influence with Bao-Dur. I usually make sure to have Bao-Dur in the group at that point, but when he offers to look the sensors over, I just do it myself with my Repair skill, and when I succeed, Bao-Dur praises me for my skill at it *and* I still get to build influence with him :blink:

You know, I never did get influence with Bao-Dur when I let him look at the sensors. It frustrated me to no end.

Actually no - if you have a high enough Repair skill, you can do it even without Bao-Dur. It's a good idea to have him there, though, because dealing discovering the truth about the sensors is one of the few things that builds influence with Bao-Dur. I usually make sure to have Bao-Dur in the group at that point, but when he offers to look the sensors over, I just do it myself with my Repair skill, and when I succeed, Bao-Dur praises me for my skill at it *and* I still get to build influence with him ;)

My Lvl 50 Jedi has 30 skill in repair, and nothing happens.

How high must your Repair be for this? 50?