Vrook (grrrrrrr)

I think the only one who likes Vrook is Ed Asner, y'know the dude who did the VO? And I'm not even 100% sure of that, either

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Although I hated him as a character, I thought the actual character was a nice change from the overly friendly image we have of most Jedi Masters. He represented the skeptical Jedi Masters who always questioned motives and was distrustful.

Plus, his snotty attitude is nothing new. Look at Jocasta Nu, the Jedi librarian, in the movies. She was quite a prissy thing towards Obi-Wan when he was talking about Kamino.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If there was ever a character I literally wanted to punch in the throat, it was her.

She just better hope I don't show up at a Star Wars convention she's appearing at.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Vrook was annoying in both KOTOR's. He is also a hypocrite in that he accuses others around him of exhibiting pride and arrogance while he does the same thing constantly. Of all the Masters in the game, he was the one I actually hated. I was actually glad to see him die in K2.

The only thing I really hated was the monotone, choppy reading Ed Asner did for his voice for most of his lines.

While he may have been a hypocrite in his arrogance, he represented the aspect of the Council we've been lead to hate - the "wait and see" approach.

We need those characters in RPGs which our character hates.

One thing is hating a character as the person in front of your computer.

Another is hating a character as the roleplayed character.

OK all you who don't play DS cuz you feel bad about it later won't understand the philosophy above ;)

OK all you who don't play DS cuz you feel bad about it later won't understand the philosophy above ;)

I have played DS, though only once, and I definitely lean more toward the LS side of things. Even so, I like Vrook in the sort of love/hate kind of way.

I mean, we're supposed to not like Vrook - he was created that way. He is a grumpy old fool who can do nothing besides complaining how the jedi students of today aren't up to his standards, how nobody ever listens to his advice, how the weather is not good enough, how the tv has gone to Hell, etc... ;)

Given that he is a jedi master, the disapporval of the yound is a particularly important element with him. He's all like Socrates saying, "the young are getting worse and worse" (and given when Socrates said that, it must be rather bad by now... :p )

Vrook is the spitting image of Walter Matthau in "Grumpy Old Men", because all he can ever do is complain about *everything* - nothing is good enough anymore, and it's all worse because nobody values his opinion... ;) Not that he could really blame anybody giving his charming disposition :-"

After all, the only thing Vrook ever really succeeds in communicating to other people is his own inflated opinion of himself... :ermm:

Yes, some would say the same is true of Kreia, but I don't think so. It's true that Kreia is very judgmental, but unlike Vrook, she certainly knows that she is herself flawed, and as others have said before, she has been know to voice approval of other people, even her students, on occasion... And, of course, it speaks volumes that Vrook voices less approval for anyone ever than the head of the Sith academy :(

I have played DS, though only once, and I definitely lean more toward the LS side of things. Even so, I like Vrook in the sort of love/hate kind of way.

I mean, we're supposed to not like Vrook - he was created that way. He is a grumpy old fool who can do nothing besides complaining how the jedi students of today aren't up to his standards, how nobody ever listens to his advice, how the weather is not good enough, how the tv has gone to Hell, etc... ;)

Given that he is a jedi master, the disapporval of the yound is a particularly important element with him. He's all like Socrates saying, "the young are getting worse and worse" (and given when Socrates said that, it must be rather bad by now... :p )

Vrook is the spitting image of Walter Matthau in "Grumpy Old Men", because all he can ever do is complain about *everything* - nothing is good enough anymore, and it's all worse because nobody values his opinion... :) Not that he could really blame anybody giving his charming disposition :-"

After all, the only thing Vrook ever really succeeds in communicating to other people is his own inflated opinion of himself... :ermm:

Yes, some would say the same is true of Kreia, but I don't think so. It's true that Kreia is very judgmental, but unlike Vrook, she certainly knows that she is herself flawed, and as others have said before, she has been know to voice approval of other people, even her students, on occasion... And, of course, it speaks volumes that Vrook voices less approval for anyone ever than the head of the Sith academy :blink:

One thing I remember about KotOR I Vrook was that when he did praise you, it felt like it meant something. As opposed to Zhar, who was all "congratulations" even if your skin was falling off and you eyes were blazing with the yellow hate of a thousand suns.

What he says after you redeem Juhani in KotOR I was just... well, it actually made me really happy and I felt like I'd achieved something.

Vrook in TSL I just loathed, as he didn't have any redeeming qualities whatsoever...

I liked Vrook as a character. He was a fresh change from the old jedi stereotypes.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hes ok. But what I don't get is that on Danntoien(how eve you spell it)after the militia mercenary balttle, when Vrook teaches you agressive form he kills the guy who asked you to get moisture waporator back.

Well theres a glitch where he accidently kills one of the guy's who is walking around the Khoonda base.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.