The Ebon Hawk

It seems that Revan would have had to predict an awful lot, to get the Exile to follow him to the Unknown Regions. I know he's meant to be a great strategist, but even in the world of Star Wars, planning this much in advance seems a bit farfetched.

Unless you believe that Revan could predict whether the Exile would become a Sith or a Jedi. AND you believe that Revan could predict, accurately, that the Exile would defeat Kreia in her home base (assuming Revan even knew that Trayus was still in existence).

I really do believe this. Because in the immortal words of Triple H, Revan is "that...damn...good!".

I prefer to believe that the accurate prediction of behaviours is proportional to the size of the group: the Hari Seldon (from Isaac Asimov's Foundation series fame) law of mass action (part of the study of Psychohistory).

Basically it is simpler to make predictions of large groups; the smaller the group the greater the inaccuracy, down to the individual, where it is just blind guesswork.

Sure, Revan may have had a hot-line to the Force, with visions on tap, but that's an awful lot of power for one person to wield and really doesn't fit in with the precious EU canon.

But if true, it certainly makes the case for the Anti-Force Force, the followers of the Kreia: One True Prophet, who wish to emancipate the galaxy from the tyrrany of the Force! ^_^

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

you know, as powerful as Revan is it's entirely possible that he can see into the future. It was predicting what would happen...he knew what would happen. Or it could have been a random vison that he had...not something that he can control.

Also, about HK-47: maybe his memory will return when he runs into Revan in K3...you know, just like in K1...hell, anything is possible at this point. This is the Force we're talking about. At this point, Malak himself could drop out of the sky and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Hm. Its possible that Revan did. Remember that Revan did return to Malachor V after KOTOR 1 and gazed at the future from the core of the planet.

I don't remember that. where did it say that?

Its said all over the game "she remembered something that she'd done and she went back" its obvious that she remembered what she did at Malachor V (break the Jedi) and went back. Once there, found out about the "true sith" and went into the Unknown regions.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I probably was not anticipating any reference to Revan in either K1 or even K2, as I was assuming the character's choice would determine mostly how the story unfolded.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

We can always dream can't we?

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Yes, just that people like Nur Ab San and maybe a few others just see it differently. Anyhow, Revan's story gives some idea of how a character in Kotor 2 could be different from him/her yet still be related to him/her. The only thing is that being hooded all the time leaves that ambiguous.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

T3 dosen't know how to unlock the navi-computer, he just know's that it MUST NOT be seen.

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

• 2 weeks later...
i don't think you can unlock the navicomputer itself, but when you have enough repair and computerskill and not to mention enough influence with t-3 you can unlock a secret message from bastilla in the memory core of t-3 which explains alot i think.

I didn't know you could unlock a message from Bastila from T3-M4. I guess you have to do all the [Repair] and [Computer] upgrades to do that, huh? I usually don't have my main character concentrate in those areas. (mostly just Persuade and Treat Injury) But, I'd like to see that, so I guess I'll do that this time since I just started my 7th time thru with a Jedi Sentinel.

To get the message from T3, you need a minimum of 14 INT, and a certain level of Computer Skill (I haven't tested it so I'm not sure, but the more the better). Talk to T3 on the Ebon Hawk, and there's a conversation line "How did you get here T3?". Follow the [Computer] checks, following either LS or DS (it's pretty obvious, but you lose influence for the DS options) and you eventually get a hologram message of either Bastilla (male Revan) or Carth (female Revan).

It seems that Revan would have had to predict an awful lot, to get the Exile to follow him to the Unknown Regions. I know he's meant to be a great strategist, but even in the world of Star Wars, planning this much in advance seems a bit farfetched.

Palpatine says hi.

You know, that got me to thinking about another thing with Revan.  He was supposed to be this genius strategist.  Maybe he foresaw Kreia's evil and instructed T3 to not unlock the nav computer until the Exile had defeated Kreia so that Kreia wouldn't be able to find Revan.  Once Kreia was defeated, T3 could then allow the Exile to know Revan's whereabouts.

Make any sense?

You're assuming Kreia was 'evil'. I don't believe she was. Regardless, she and Revan were two of a kind, formerly master and apprentice, and they understood each other completely. For sure Revan didn't expect to fail, but if he did, he knew he could count on Kreia to do what he would have done himself. No strategy required.

Kreia could not go herself because of age and frailty; I think she preferred to die for a worthwhile cause than waste away. She had plenty of quality time with T3 to program in a fail-safe. I'm sure if Exile had not fulfilled her last requirement, the navicomputer would never have been unlocked.

I think Revan voicelocked the navicomputer.

I also think GOT0 and the HK-50s were manufactured at Revan's behest.

Revan commissioned both Kreia and GOT0 to find and bring the Exile to Malachor alive. Revan knew that, even though Kreia was the secret Dark Lord of the Sith, she was not a true believer and was someone who could be counted on to help defeat the True Sith.

HOWEVER, Revan did not know of Kreia's wacked out plan to kill off the the remaining Force users of Known Space and to then attempt to kill the Force by magnifying the echo that the Exile possessed. GOT0 was there to prevent the destruction of Malachor because GOT0's boss (Revan) thought that such a thing might destabilize the Force. Revan knew that the Exile would be tempted to destroy Malachor (again) as it was perceived to be the source of the false Sith Lords' power.

But both Revan and Kreia were wrong about that...the Force cannot be killed.

However, does the echo still exist? Does the anomaly that fuels both the Exile and Darth Nihlius still live? Perhaps. And, perhaps, the destruction of Malachor has magnified the anomaly.

Didn't GOTO remanufactured himself (with help of some other droids), since his previous form was just not terror inspiring, when he decieded to go into crimilar affairs as only way to save Republic (the main part of his original programming, which he still follows).

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

Didn't GOTO remanufactured himself (with help of some other droids), since his previous form was just not terror inspiring, when he decieded to go into crimilar affairs as only way to save Republic (the main part of his original programming, which he still follows).

he may have been around before Revan but I think Revan had him reprogrammed to get the Exile back on the scene. Revan never leaves anything to chance...he had both GOT0 and Kreia out to accomplish the same thing.

Eh, GO-TO was send to Telos (by the Republic), to help Czerka/The Ithorians to help restore the planet.

But because they gave him *impossible* orders, he rebelled and fled.

The Droid you have to get in the quest on Telos is GO-TO's Replacement...

did I mention that he was also programmed to lie?