Bao-dur - How to make him talk?

Guest MacleodCorp

Guest MacleodCorp

Does anyone know?

After I utilized Bao-dur on Telos, I usually leave him on the Ebon Hawk. When I get him to construct a lightsaber, he stoped talking to me. Would I need to take him off ship, and utilize him in game, so I can get more dialogue? I usually get him to talk about the War, and then he just stops talking. All he does is fix things on the Ebon Hawk...

Any suggestions?

Guest MacleodCorp
yeah, he doesn't have much to talk about. new dialog options will only appear if you have enough influence with him. as ls I usually convert him early on dantooine.

So, I will have to take him on my journey. I have yet been able to make Bao-dur and Atton into Jedi. After they are converted, is there more dialogue. Or, do they stop talking like Mira?

Guest MacleodCorp

At least they will have force powers and such. Atton doesn't have too much under 'Treat Injury'. When you turn Atton into a Jedi, does the game start to allow you to add to 'Treat Injury'?

yeah, he doesn't have much to talk about. new dialog options will only appear if you have enough influence with him. as ls I usually convert him early on dantooine.

So, I will have to take him on my journey. I have yet been able to make Bao-dur and Atton into Jedi. After they are converted, is there more dialogue. Or, do they stop talking like Mira?

Bao-Dur has been a pain in the ass for me as well. Although most of his influence options seem to take place during certain missions (ie. letting him fix the air speeder in the Serocco section of Nar Shaddaa).

Atton, just bring him along and talk to him. At a certain point in the Refugee sector you'll bump into two Twi'leks who know him. Ask him about it, but be nice when you do. Eventually he'll open up about his past.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacleodCorp
For all your influence needs see gamefaqs influence guide.

Thanks!

Bao-Dur has been a pain in the ass for me as well. Although most of his influence options seem to take place during certain missions (ie. letting him fix the air speeder in the Serocco section of Nar Shaddaa).

Atton, just bring him along and talk to him. At a certain point in the Refugee sector you'll bump into two Twi'leks who know him. Ask him about it, but be nice when you do. Eventually he'll open up about his past.

I allways wondered about those two Twi'leks. Usually Atton doesn't want to answer my questions...lol...

Well! Thanks for the feedback guys... I am off...

Please don't Triple Post -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

you just have to "equip" bao dur in the party all the time to turn him into a jedi

after telos go to the crystal cave on dantooine(get your name crystal) then travel to dxun do all the missions until you get to see a cutscene in which you see sith assasins attack the mandalorian camp. if you don't go near the entrance of mandalores quarters you get to fight unlimited supply of sith assasins, which give you more exp and influence with several party members so that when you go to onderon (be sure to place bao dur in your party and give a starport visa to the republican spy in the cantina to gain influence)it will be far easier to convert the party members to jedi. :D

The thing with Bao-Dur is that he only responds to your actions - not your talk. You can talk to him all you like - it won't build any influence.

He is generally good, which means you have to do LS things with him in the group to gain influence. Though it's full of spoilers, I suggest getting the Influence Guide to see where you can get influence with him, because those times are indeed limited...

Also remember that you can usually gain access with only one character during a specific encounter, so if three would possibly gain from one result in a certain situation, you'll have to choose which one you want to gain influence with and throw the rest out of the group, or the game will determine (randomly?) who influence is gained with...

Does anyone know?

After I utilized Bao-dur on Telos, I usually leave him on the Ebon Hawk. When I get him to construct a lightsaber, he stoped talking to me. Would I need to take him off ship, and utilize him in game, so I can get more dialogue? I usually get him to talk about the War, and then he just stops talking. All he does is fix things on the Ebon Hawk...

Any suggestions?

Help the sick guy in the refugee sector and he will open up to and with enough influence you can make him your Padawan. Make sure he and he alone is in your party when you do this. If that still isn't enough, take him with you and Mandalore and help the representative of the Republic off of Iziz. He's inside the cantina and you need an open starport visa to help him.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

would you prefer the Exile's first outfit or Handmaiden's sparring gear? :(

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I like Bao-dur but he's a hard one to gain influence. In the long run he's worth being a pain in the ass since he'll make a good Jedi.

Except for the fact he can't wear any robes. :("

He can still have things like Meditation Bands and the Circlet of Saresh, Jay Sheys wisdom gloves and other accessories for Jedi.

But no robes.

So while Handmaiden, Atton, Visas and Kreia are running around behind the Exile with Jedi Robes, Bao-Dur is the odd man out with his little jumpsuit.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But no robes.

So while Handmaiden, Atton, Visas and Kreia are running around behind the Exile with Jedi Robes, Bao-Dur is the odd man out with his little jumpsuit.

Which limits some of the good offensive force powers. :geek:

No, not the miner's suit found on Peragus. It's crap, but he can wear it and it doesn't restrict his force powers. In fact, it's the only piece of protective clothing in the game that both gives him a bonus to AC and allows him full use of the force.

Mine just got buried in my inventory. Not that it mattered much because Bao-Dur and Atton weren't Jedi (not that I wanted them to be, I actually preferred having the two of them not be Jedi)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

No, not the miner's suit found on Peragus. It's crap, but he can wear it and it doesn't restrict his force powers. In fact, it's the only piece of protective clothing in the game that both gives him a bonus to AC and allows him full use of the force.

I can't believe I never thought of that ... the miner's uniform also allows addition of underlays.

I usually get him Krath Holy Armor, and limit his Force Powers to those that aren't restricted by armor (Heal, Force Wave, etc.).

What frustrated me most about the armor restriction is that he's limited to only medium armor - no robes, no light armor, and can't get the heavy armor feat.