Vampire - Europe

Ive been playing with this idea for a second Vampire game on a more Euro-friendly schedual. I didnt wan to GM any game before but now I feel much more up to it for some reason.

It would be a much darker story, set in a single massive city. It would also follow my own views on what the WoD should be like, no other supernaturals except vampires, only a handful of clans, no antediluvians or gehenna lurking around the corner and so on.. in short it would be a Vampire: Requiem with slight modifications.

Would anyone be interested?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think this is an excellent idea. We can get rid of you dagnabbed Eurotrash, and then have our own patriotic American game, set to our own schedule.

Or alternatively I'll end up playing in both of them JUST BECOZ.

That and I really, really wanna play a Nosferatu, in a setting like you describe.

My take on the Nosferatu would be only a slight variation of the Requiem variant, they are no longer hideous monsters who crawl through the sewers and gather information. Instead they are as any other clan, living in the open with no loyalties or duties to their clan.

They are no longer hideous monsters(with rotting faces and bugs living in their armpits), merely inhuman and corpselike in appearance with hairless, pale skin. Like the aliens from Dark City or Klaus Kinski in the 70's colour version of "nosferatu"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

In Requiem and my variant, they are called "Malkovians" and they are not a clan but a smaller, barely 100 year old, bloodline from the Ventrue clan. They share their predecessors weakness that they all suffer from mental ilness, but its much more subdued than in VtM. A malkovians insanity is a quiet thing, they are not raving, gibbering lunatics but appear quite ordinary. Most of them try their best to blend in with the rest of kindred societym often posing as Ventrue.

And there is no mysticism to their madness, they have no clairvoyance, no second sight, no guiding voices.. they are just mad, plain and simple.

Authority made his magick it seems.

I'm so participating.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If anyone wants to read up on Vampire: Requiem then drop me a PM and Ill send you all the info Ive got. Even though I would modify it somewhat, Requiem is much, much closer to my idea than VtM and it might help you to get into the darker(not depressing though) mood of this chronicle.

But you dont have to, you can just make up a character concept(human or vampire) and I will select clan and make up stats for you.

The game will be set in a contemporary fictional city roughly the size of New York.

White wolf's website is finally working so here is their Requiem info with Quickstart, Clan info etc.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vampire/index.php?line=intro

Question: What day were you considering for the sessions? My father has been hassling me about the Friday night game, so I might have to switch to another. Time isnt really an issue, as I tend to be fairly nocturnal.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Question: What day were you considering for the sessions? My father has been hassling me about the Friday night game, so I might have to switch to another. Time isnt really an issue, as I tend to be fairly nocturnal.

I dont quite know yet, I was toying with the idea of running smaller sessions with perhaps 1-2 players when those players would be available and then get together for proper sessions once a week or so.

The proper sessions could be weekdays after 1800 GMT, and with an earlier start on weekends maybe 1400 GMT

For you who have a hard time keeping track of time, consult the universal world clock. It even has the excellent UTC time that is never affected by daylight savings.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

When this post was written, the time for all of us was

UTC - 11:10

Kaftan - 13.10

Meta - 12:10

Ender - 06:10

Jags - 04:10

As a note, WW has divided their new releases so that you will need both "Vampire: Requiem" and "World of darkness rulebook" to be able to create characters on your own. If anyone feels this is a problem then Ill be happy to create your characters stats, all I need is a good concept description.

Well, I kind of have to go off to University in two weeks and I cant say what kind of schedual Ill be on there.. classes cant go on for longer than 1600 but there could be other stuff.. I guess we will see then.

I could very well do it this thursday, but then youd have to create characters REAL fast.. all you need is to come up with a concept and Ill do the rules bit. You could start off as human if youd like, I know Ive got a really nice prelude planned... or you could just continue to play as human if youd like that

(Thread pruned to avoid clottering)

Kaftan meant UK daylight savings time(GMT+0 +1), not UTC. So the estimates of Ender were correct. Please look at the world clock times that Kaftan posted earlier.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

Well, I kind of have to go off to University in two weeks and I cant say what kind of schedual Ill be on there.. classes cant go on for longer than 1600 but there could be other stuff.. I guess we will see then.

I could very well do it this thursday, but then youd have to create characters REAL fast..  all you need is to come up with a concept and Ill do the rules bit. You could start off as human if youd like, I know Ive got a really nice prelude planned...  or you could just continue to play as human if youd like that

When do we get to invade Poland?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I mean current UK time(daylight savings), just look at the link I posted to the clock tingy.

Chronicle:

This story will take place somewhere we might aswell call Dark City a huge metropolitan sprawl o the northern US east coast, around where Boston is in reality. It is a fictional city of some 4 million inhabitants. It is highly reimniscent of Batman's Gotham City, a dark place that looks like it froze in time somewhere around 1930.

The city is domain of an elder believed to be ventrue, noone really knows him and he meddles little in the affairs of lesser kindred. Several other kindred hold domain outside of the city's downtown core with his permission. These kindred rule through influence, not force and it believed that none of them are older than a century.

The kindred of this vast city are numerous and there exists no real organisation or structure among them other than those who meet through their Covenants. Two kindred could spend 100 years in the city without ever meeting eachother.

This chronicle would take place in the present or near future although Im open to changing it to a 1920's setting.

I will allow vampire, ghoul or even human characters of no age longer than 50 years as unliving. Any clan or bloodline from the main requiem book are allowed with the exception of the Burakunin. You will be granted an extra 50 experience points at character creation.

I have atleast one embrace prelude planned so that you may create a human character that will be made vampire as it plays out.

Also note as I said before that this is a slightly modified Vampire:Requiem game so there are no supernaturals except vampires, noone knows anything about the origin of the kindred, there are no godlike elders, no camarilla and sabbat. there is no heaven, no hell, no nonsense

Furthermore, the following is removed from the usual Requiem game

- "Predators taint" (pg.41 main book) I do not like this idea, so I will scratch it. Vampires are still able to sense that another is a vampire but she will not be subject to any bestial territorial feelings.

- "Kindred show up as obscured in mirrors or cameras" If this was true, who could they possibly have uphold the masquerade? Scratched.

That looks fairly interesting.

Especially if you'e going to place it around 30's or 20's. Atmosphere heavy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds