G-Phoria: KotOR II - Did they earn it?

Guest MacleodCorp

That's kinda sad, to be honest.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But is without co-op and therefore dismissable.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

You sir, are a genius.

Applaudable. The mystery of the hate towards K2 is solved

kirottu said:

Everyone who lost it completely when reading the last 6 messages; raise your hand.

kirottu said:

Is furious hack n' slash coupled with a vast array of metagaming possibilities rpging?

kirottu said:

Into the moment?

kirottu said:

You've completely lost me, but that was unavoidable.

kirottu said:

In some weird and quirky way; that just made my morning.

kirottu said:

I please to aim.

And I want to stay on topic, so I interviewed a small member of the rodentia family and asked him which game deserved RPG of the Year award?

hammie.jpg

He said, "GTA:SA had more roleplaying elements than some of the sad contenders this year, and was probably game of the year overall. I say give it to Rockstar since no one delivered a truly great RPG. And by the way, I just pwned you!"

There you have it folks!

I guess they come in all sizes.

kirottu said:

I only think KOTOR 2 won RPG of the year for two reasons:

1.  Some would argue that it didn't have much competition anyway (although I still wonder how it beat JE).

2.  It was the sequal to K1.  The majority of the things found in K2 were taken straight from K1, a game that was already lauded as one of the best X-Box titles/RPG's available. 

Not to mention that the game was half-baked.  That's gotta make you wonder about the sanity of the voters[/i] or the quality of the other RPG's.  So no, I really don't think they truly earned it.  Sorry, Obsidian.  :)  Yay!  I'm the odd one out!

It's friggin' G4. Comcast bought out TechTV because their geeky channel (G4) couldn't compete, then proceeded to turn TechTV into G4 2.0.

There is only one reason to watch Asia Carrera, and it isn't because of her prowess in UT.

I'm surprised anyone at all takes anything on that channel seriously.

Their E3 coverage was decent, though I only watched it under the advice of a friend. It was nice to see Adam Sessler act like he wasn't a complete tard again.

Mothman is awesome. Don't smite me.

Did you just apologize...over the internets?!! :lol:

Obsidian don't seem to be too enthused by their victory.  You'd think it would be plastered across the home page, but no. :o

As we're not discussing the game in detail, this probably belongs in the General Discussion forum.

That's a Bioware thing...