game crash on loading or...

it's beginning to get quite irritating now. i have to restart kotor 2 once an hour

in general. sometimes more often. sometimes i get lucky playing 3 hours without a restart.

the game crashes most of the times when loading a new area

or interacting with npc's. not the ones in the party, i mean people you meet.

that's the main problem. another related issue is this:

in my ongoing game, i can't talk to that old woman at the scavanger camp

on dantooine. it's my first planet after telos, and everytime i try to approach her,

i can hear her first lines while the picture freezes and i get a windows error message.

and the game crashes.

i tried to talk to the same npc with two other of my saved games. one of them could

talk to her, while the other save produced the same incident.

help, please?

I swear, this is why I don't use the PC version(assuming you have it). In KotOR1 I would crash once every halfhour. So I bought the Xbox version. I'm not to much of a computer wizz, so all I can say is save just about every 10 minutes, and after any big battles.

somehow the issue with scavanger-chief-woman-thingy disappeared after disabeling a mod that modified the textures of robes.

and yes, i'm really thinking of getting a console (xbox).

Personally, I think it's worth it to just buy the Xbox. I've never ran into a bug in any of the KotOR games. Except for the Galaxy Droid, but that was just fun. Besides, with the PC you've always gotta download the new patches and stuff, just so you can play the game. The only think that is fun is the mods, but even that can only hold my intrest for a short time.

it's beginning to get quite irritating now. i have to restart kotor 2 once an hour

in general. sometimes more often. sometimes i get lucky playing 3 hours without a restart.

the game crashes most of the times when loading a new area

or interacting with npc's. not the ones in the party, i mean people you meet.

that's the main problem. another related issue is this:

in my ongoing game, i can't talk to that old woman at the scavanger camp

on dantooine. it's my first planet after telos, and everytime i try to approach her,

i can hear her first lines while the picture freezes and i get a windows error message.

and the game crashes.

i tried to talk to the same npc with two other of my saved games. one of them could

talk to her, while the other save produced the same incident.

help, please?

check your video card maybe it doesn't support some of the key features tha it requires or your running out of ram I've personally never encountered this issue but I'm a programmer so my computer is pretty souped up so I usually don't have any problems but another thing could be your missing some key files so I'd try reinstalling the game and see if that helps