Mandalore quests and the Light Side

Just wondering how other lightsiders approach these quests.

Helping the lost Mandalorian: the right thing to do

The scouts: no problem, so long as they fire first

Killing the big beast: no problem, but some lightsiders could be opposed to the idea of killing it to prove yourself

Fixing the radio for Mandalorians: practically helping the Mandalorians defend their camp from the Onderon military

Blowing the charges for Mandalore: helping the Mandalorians get uber equipment

The Battle Circle: no problem for me, if the idea is somewhat crude, though some lightsiders could probably have a problem with it

Killing the big beast: no problem, but some lightsiders could be opposed to the idea of killing it to prove yourself
I assume it's of the "RGN, do you understand that not getting Dark Side points from something doesn't automatically make it moral?" kind? Because otherwise, I don't see the problem, the quests are all neutral except rescuing Kumus.

Maybe it's different on the Xbox version that no one else has, but I never got any DS or LS from all FOUR times I've run through these quests.

I've seen and played both versions (my roomie has XBox, me with PC) and in both instances you get DS points if you leave Kumas up there and set the charges.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The last time I told him to help me kill the Zakkeg, the gate guard wouldn't acknoledge that I'd killed it, even though I had the ear. I let the mandalorian go first and waited untill he died :huh:

I had that happen one time when the Mandalorian died during hte Zakkeg battle. I'm not sure if that messed up the quest or not, but I couldn't ever prove I defeated the Zakkeg when that happened.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Even if you don't get DS points for it, all of those Mandalorians talk freely about preparing themselves for another war, so helping them get to the hidden power items doesn't look like an LS idea, let alone a wise move, IMHO.

As for the radio, Bao-Dur is the last guy to love Mandalorians but he still chimes in and offers his help. I don't really understand. I can only think about the idea that if they are warned early enough of the incoming Onderon forces, they are going to hide and bloodshed will be avoided. But the truth is that Onderon clearly has enough power to deal with that camp and the leader of all Mandalorians, effectively stopping the Mandalorian war effort for some more time, which doesn't sound bad. But blowing the charges on that cache door? Perhaps it's going to save the lives of a couple of Mandalorian soldiers but it's as if you were giving them weapons and armour.

EDIT: Funny thing, you can actually get Light Side Points helping with the radio. :ninja:

Fixing the sensors would allow the Mandalorians to find the location of the Sith presence on Dxun. Helping the Mandalorians prepare themselves to fight the Onderon Military is a good thing because at the time it is controlled by Vaklu and later the Mandalorians fight against the Sith forces.

I usually don't kill Kumus but I do tell what really happened to him. Amazingly I get a DS point for that :lol:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

OK I said it wrong, or rather, I didn't clarify what I was saying:

I don't kill him, I get him down and tell Xarga what exactly happened to him. I get a DS point for telling the truth and saving a life.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was surprised that killing the Mandalorian that wants to fight you outside the Battle Circle doesn't give you darkside points.

well, if you kill Davrel, Mandalore says, "I heard you gave Davrel a warrior's death. Perhaps you know more of our ways than I thought." It was because you honored him with battle and he died like a warrior. That's why no Dark Side Point are awarded. It's not like you started the fight. Davrel was just being a little b*tch because you beat him in the battle circle...