Who was the Exile's master?

I just realised something interesting that I never thought about before.

Obsidian pulled off something kind of cool, maybe I'm the last one to notice this and you already thought of it but....

In this game, they didn't make an uber powerful jedi like Revan as ur main character with all these powers at your disposal and ruin the feel of the star wars universe by making someone more powerful than "anakin the chosen one"

they took a mediocre Jedi....and that is who you are...but since you are a wound in the force, you drain the force from your enemies...therefore gaining their power....since u left the mandelorian wars u've been this way...

so..in theory...u ARE a regular jedi, who made a few mistakes, followed revan, and that's it...it just happened that you turned away from the force, lost it, and therefore gained that power....

but u dont have ur own uber power, or any rocket high...*shudders*...midichlorians...u just take others strength and use that!

i'm sorry your right  :"> maybe i hoped it was him he's got that funny yoda voice you know?  :D

No need to apologize. I didn't post that to slash you down, but more to correct wrong information. After all, I like Vandar too, and wouldn't have minded if he had been the Exile's master. The only problem is that he wasn't...

Obsidian pulled off something kind of cool, maybe I'm the last one to notice this and you already thought of it but....

In this game, they didn't make an uber powerful jedi like Revan as ur main character with all these powers at your disposal and ruin the feel of the star wars universe by making someone more powerful than "anakin the chosen one"

they took a mediocre Jedi....and that is who you are...but since you are a wound in the force, you drain the force from your enemies...therefore gaining their power....since u left the mandelorian wars u've been this way...

Yes, I thought so too after someone mentioned the "chosen one" clich

On the topic who was the Exile's master I can make some statements.

1) Atris is not the Exile's master since Atris never had a padawan.

2) The Exile wasn't a Jedi Knight because he/she came back to the Jedi Council in a Jedi Robe (not a Jedi Knight Robe, you can see it in the recording).

3) Kavar wasn't Exile's master. He probably trained the Exile but he was never his/her "master" like Obiwan was to Anakin and Qui Con was to Obiwan.

Finally: About Kavar. I just finished a game where I fought for Vaklu. What disappointed me most was that I didn't find Kavar a good master. Every good Jedi should try to redeem a fallen Jedi but it seemed to me that the Exile could even as a Sith behave more like a Jedi then Kavar. Kavar seemed to only want to strike down the Exile if you didn't persuade Kavar to talk a bit.

If Kavar were a good Jedi Master, he should have tried to persuade you to kill Vaklu to save the queen.

Are Bastila / Juhani / Disciple really better Jedi then the masters we meet in Kotor II?!

I believe so! They at least try to redeem Revan , or in case of Disciple the Exile while a master only wants to strike you down!

A former Kavar fan, not anymore.

Master Vandar lives!

On the topic who was the Exile's master I can make some statements.

1) Atris is not the Exile's master since Atris never had a padawan.

Agreed. Even if the Exile were wrong, he'd surely remember if he had been her padawan...

2) The Exile wasn't a Jedi Knight because he/she came back to the Jedi Council in a Jedi Robe (not a Jedi Knight Robe, you can see it in the recording).

Hmm, I think that that's a bit much to conclude from that somehow... Not that I disagree with the conclusion itself, mind you. I didn't get the impression that he ever made Jedi Knight rank either.

3) Kavar wasn't Exile's master. He probably trained the Exile but he was never his/her "master" like Obiwan was to Anakin and Qui Con was to Obiwan.

Finally: About Kavar. I just finished a game where I fought for Vaklu. What disappointed me most was that I didn't find Kavar a good master. Every good Jedi should try to redeem a fallen Jedi but it seemed to me that the Exile could even as a Sith behave more like a Jedi then Kavar.

Agreed, but then I was similarly disappointed with Obi-Wan in Ep. III. Vader says to Luke in Ep. VI when Luke tries to persuade him to embrace the LS that Obi-Wan once thought the same way, but we didn't see that in Ep. III, and I was actually looking forward to seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan fight like crazy while Obi-Wan tried to persuade him to leave the DS :thumbsup:

Kavar seemed to only want to strike down the Exile if you didn't persuade Kavar to talk a bit.

If Kavar were a good Jedi Master, he should have tried to persuade you to kill Vaklu to save the queen.

True. I guess Kavar being more of a warior and strategist than a diplomat shows a bit there...

Yes, I thought so too after someone mentioned the "chosen one" clich

I just realised something interesting that I never thought about before.

so..in theory...u ARE a regular jedi, who made a few mistakes, followed revan, and that's it...it just happened that you turned away from the force, lost it, and therefore gained that power....

but u dont have ur own uber power, or any rocket high...*shudders*...midichlorians...u just take others strength and use that!

I noticed that too. I noticed that they went out of their way to have various dialogue where it is stated that the Exile was just an average Jedi in the Force, but that the main thing that made him special (and thus the star of TSL) was his "wound" in the Force thing, and his ability to form Force Bonds so easily.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally: About Kavar. I just finished a game where I fought for Vaklu. What disappointed me most was that I didn't find Kavar a good master. Every good Jedi should try to redeem a fallen Jedi but it seemed to me that the Exile could even as a Sith behave more like a Jedi then Kavar. Kavar seemed to only want to strike down the Exile if you didn't persuade Kavar to talk a bit.

When I had fought Kavar, I was a Jedi Sentinel. While he was talking with me, he said that he had wished that the exile had taken the path of a Jedi Guardian so that the exile could be his apprentice (played DS).

Are Bastila / Juhani / Disciple really better Jedi then the masters we meet in Kotor II?!

I believe so! They at least try to redeem Revan , or in case of Disciple the Exile while a master only wants to strike you down!

I agree with that. The masters of all Jedi should try and show the compassionate/forgiving side that they preach so well instead of trying to kill you on sight.

I agree with that. The masters of all Jedi should try and show the compassionate/forgiving side that they preach so well instead of trying to kill you on sight.

I second that!

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that Revan were probably force sensitives meant that they need not necessarily had to have their masters with them throughout their training.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I thought that Kavar was the Exile's master

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Kavar said in the DS version of the events of the Onderon Civil war, that he wanted to train you as his Padawan, but his duties as a council-member kept him from doing so.

So this means that Vandar, Vrook, Kavar, and Atris could not have been the Exile's teachers. Perhaps it was one of the other council-members?

Kavar said in the DS version of the events of the Onderon Civil war, that he wanted to train you as his Padawan, but his duties as a council-member kept him from doing so.

So this means that Vandar, Vrook, Kavar, and Atris could not have been the Exile's teachers. Perhaps it was one of the other council-members?

Kavar could have been one of the Exile's masters.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I think Atris was a bit elitist when it came to hair colour... she seems to have taken Padme's "get handmaidens who have a similar look to you" thing a bit too far.

I mean, just IMAGINE the ad in the paper:

"Jedi Master in desperate need of six individuals to protect her in her quest to revive the Jedi Order.  Must be at home in cold environments.  Proficiency in martial combat is expected and required.  The physically impared will not be considered.  Must be white skinned, snowy haired and five must be of pure Echani descent - no brothers... just sisters."

You forgot the "must be available for 'special work' in the mistress' chamber without question." :thumbsup:"

But if you side with Vaklu, your DS (most of the time). And the story differs depending on weather you choose to go LS or DS.

Not necessarily. You can be LS, and side with Vaklu, I believe. When you first see Ponlar trying to incite the crowd, you can agree with him. You can also talk to the Twilek and Devoranian about the Talia / Vaklu situation and say that you favor Vaklu. Once you do this, you can talk with Anda, and start bounty hunting the captains, all of which should lead you to siding with Vaklu.