Oh mah gawd. Dungeon Siege 2 > you.

Humodour

Pipe thing was the only thing I hated in IWDs and BG 2. Always, after the initial start wandering; you'd have to take on an epic quest which would be composed of half the games length, giving no option of returning back, or any reason whatsoever. I mean; you think something would happen after you're absent for several weeks?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmmm...

I like the way your companion chips in quite a lot, but I'd want to know if that keeps up through the whole game. Character interaction is quite promising.

It's great the way you don't start alone - you're with your childhood friend, who seems pretty cool, and you're doing the mercenary thing together: we can look forward to the adventure and the continuation/fracturing of our friendship, the banter between our characters, he'll probably have a whole different take on the mercenary lifestyle, I wonder what his own goals and choices will be and oops, he's dead *sigh*. Still, not to worry, there's a generic NPC dispenser by the north lift... ;)

Voice acting is mediocre - I've heard worse, but I've heard a lot better.

Difficult to see any kind of distance, especially as I was using combat magic. I wonder if they'll let you tilt the view a bit higher - I think my computer could just about handle it.

So, I'm thinking, better than Dungeon Seige 1, but I'm not jumping up and down. I want to see the reviews, and that means the reviews that come out a month after release, as well. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This might be just a rumor, but the childhood friend will supposedly have a role to play after his death.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

ds2 is kill the critter and collect the 1007. some folks really like that kinda thing. diablo were hugely popular offering little more than that, so right off the bat you can tell that Gromnir ain't the ds2 target audience. after playing the demo we concludes that the makers o' ds2 really had much like for diablo 2... 'course the only thing that Gromnir liked 'bout diablo 2 were the skill trees, and ds2 not have skill trees so much as skill saplings. nevertheless, if you liked ds1 and you liked diablo 2, then we sees no reason why you shouldn't be satisfied with ds2.

also, visually uninspiring is ds2, though such things ain't all that important to Gromnir.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yep, when you get to the bottom of things; DS 2 is just a clickfest galore.

kirottu said:

..skill saplings.

Haha! :D

But I agree with whoever it was that mentioned the average voice-acting. I was actually very surprised to hear such unenthusiastic voice actors in a big budget production like this! I just forgot to mention it in my former posts. I wish all games could have voice overs like GTA: San Andreas..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did they address the issue that made it so difficult (almost impossible) to be a dual-class? That always kind of pissed me off. Not the fact that it was harder to play a dual-class in terms of power (it should be) just the way it was done.

I remember having to use a nature spell for one monster, than a fire spell for another monster, to try to keep the exp gained in both areas fairly equal at all times.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My best characters were all dual class.

EDIT: But, yeah, it was a pain. You had to level up in ones or twos switching back and forth. When you get good summons, though, it was easier.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, I don't know but Dungeon Siege 2 hasn't been getting too good grades so far.

Dungeon Siege got 8.4 over at GameSpot.

Dungeon Siege 2 got 7.9 at the same GameSpot.

One review doesn't say too much, but still.. It can be an indication.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Anybody else find this game to be underwhelming graphically, and in terms of sound, yet still strangely alluring and addictive?

It's like the Diablos all over again, but prettier. :D

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm having second thoughts on buying the game. If the story is an usual fantasy garbage trek; I'm fairly sure my interest diminishes almost entirely. In an action game it's forgivable, but if a game is labeled as a rpg I want at least a story comparable to IWD 2, a game which I hold as a standard when reviewing light rpgs and their plots.

And well...I bought Rome:Total War and Ground Control 2. No time for hack 'n slash; the battlefields of Europe(both of them) wait.

kirottu said:

Anybody else find this game to be underwhelming graphically, and in terms of sound, yet still strangely alluring and addictive?

It's like the Diablos all over again, but prettier.  :D

Sounds like Tetris, without the skill or the cool soundtrack.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked the Diablo soundtrack... ;)"

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast