IRC RPGS?

Lancer

And after that, world stops. The only other thing I can think of is thay my bot enters IRC through a different server than mine's.. But I wouldn't think it would make a difference whether or not they use the same server.

You want it on a different server. Some of the servers get very upset and will kline or otherwise ban if they see two connections from the same computer.

I have no idea why the world is stopping.

And after that, world stops. The only other thing I can think of is thay my bot enters IRC through a different server than mine's.. But I wouldn't think it would make a difference whether or not they use the same server.

You want it on a different server. Some of the servers get very upset and will kline or otherwise ban if they see two connections from the same computer.

I have no idea why the world is stopping.

*sigh*.. nor do I.. But thanks for your help anyhow.

image002.gifLancer

The good news is that I was finally able to solve one of the problems. Apparently the server I was using to connect does not support bots. After changing to a different server, the dicebot actually does something.. yeah!

This is what I get though:

<Lancer> roll 1d6

<dicebot2> Lancer rolled:

And after "Lancer rolled:" it is just blank.. What is going on here?

image002.gifLancer

Yeah!!! I just figured it out. I had to go on a different server and adjust the colors so that the results would be visible ;) FINALLY!

Lesson learned: The functionality of bots is very dependent upon which server you choose.

Which servers out there are specifically for IRC RPGing?

image002.gifLancer

Back when I was a proper roleplaying junkie we evolved the following system for roleplaying en route to places. Say you want a number from 1-10.

1. the ref thinks of a number 1-10. He imagines this on a clock with 10 slots.

2. the ref asks for a number from the player 1-10.

3. the ref counts round clockwise on the clockface the numer of slots the player said.

This is blatantly not random. But by rarely saying what the roll is for, the system is more fun. You can try to predict what the ref will say, and guess what the roll is for. It could be for you to spot a trap or for some enemy sniper. I suggest you try it, see if it works for you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah!!! I just figured it out. I had to go on a different server and adjust the colors so that the results would be visible ;) FINALLY!

Lesson learned: The functionality of bots  is very dependent upon which server you choose.

Which servers out there are specifically for IRC RPGing?

Ive used irc.psionics.net for most of my online games. It has a built in dicebot named BoxCars, so all you have to do is /invite boxcars #channelname and he will show up. Then type @dice to activate him. From there, just type @roll and the dice you want to roll. He can do up to 20 instances of a 100 sided dice in one command: @roll 20d100. You can do any variation below those values. Also, you can add or subtract from the value depending upon bonuses or penalties, etc. You can even add 2 different dice rolls: @roll d20 + 5d6 will give you a number between 7 and 50. Finally, you can type for ..... at the end of the roll command to signify what action you are rolling. Be careful not to include the word for in the action even as part of another word or it will foul up the works. I once had this problem when I tried to do a roll for gathering information.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Ive used irc.psionics.net for most of my online games. It has a built in dicebot named BoxCars, so all you have to do is /invite boxcars #channelname and he will show up. Then type @dice to activate him. From there, just type @roll and the dice you want to roll. He can do up to 20 instances of a 100 sided dice in one command: @roll 20d100. You can do any variation below those values. Also, you can add or subtract from the value depending upon bonuses or penalties, etc. You can even add 2 different dice rolls: @roll d20 + 5d6 will give you a number between 7 and 50. Finally, you can type for ..... at the end of the roll command to signify what action you are rolling. Be careful not to include the word for in the action even as part of another word or it will foul up the works. I once had this problem when I tried to do a roll for gathering information.

Thanks!

Where is this irc.psionics.net? Is this a server? I don't have that on my list so I am assuming i need to add it? Is the port still 6667? What do you put down for "Group" and so on.. or does it not matter?

image002.gifLancer

irc.psionics.net is the adress for a irc network. I don't use mIRC so im not 100% sure how it handles connections but you should be able to join the network by simply typing:

/server irc.psionics.net

(have never used that network myself)

All servers (that I know of) follow the protocol irc.something.net

This one is no different. Since you have mIRC, just type on your status page: /server irc.psionics.net

That should be all you need to do.

If you have already joined another server and dont want to leave that one, type /server -m irc.psionics.net

This will open up a new connection window.

Once joined, create or join a channel and so forth.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

All servers (that I know of) follow the protocol irc.something.net

This one is no different. Since you have mIRC, just type on your status page: /server irc.psionics.net 

That should be all you need to do.

Hmm.. What status page are you referring to? I have a menu that pops up with various submenus.. After I hit the "Servers" submenu I press the "add" button and type "irc.psionics.net" into a space and then I hit connect.

There is a quicker way to do this?

EDIT: Oh. you are referring to when you are already connected to the first server but wish to connect to another so then you would write /server servername to leave the first one and go to the second one.

image002.gifLancer