City Of Hero's

Calax

I know some of you have played this. I haven't been on in about 1-2 years and was wondering if they changed anything for the better and weather or not It's still worth it.

And By the way what's the news on City of Villans?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

CoV keeps chugging along. CoH has introduced a PVP arena, capes, respeccing, and a bunch of other goodies. I haven't playe for a while. I'm currently trying my hand at Guild Wars. So far, it's interesting, but I haven't got much by way of powers, so it's not all that. I hope, after I get a few levels, that it will come into its own.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My cousin gave me his copy of City of Heroes but I never got around to trying it. I guess I should give it a go, since it comes with a 1 month free trial, but I'm just not that "in to" super heroes.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Many people who have played City of Heroes call it one of the best.

It really isn't much more than an action-game with level-grinding, but it apparently does it quite well. The character creation and customization in the game is supposed to be clearly the best in the industry. Most of my friends tell me it takes over an hour to create and customize your character.

They also don't believe in including things unless they feel they can nail the feature and get it right the first time. There is something to be said for that.

It can take over an hour if you looking for just the right combo of stuff. When I was on there were entire "supergroups" dedicated to lookalikes. I saw several Cyclops' and amazingly enough Power Rangers. Most of the power rangers to identify themselves would put somthing on their chest. I've seen DBZ characters, Supermen, And sombody other things that make my eyes water because of the color scheme.

They also gave you a free comic book to go along with the game. The comic was trash but in the back of each one was a City of Hero's comic by the guy's who do Ctrl-Alt-Del. One of the more Memerable ones for me was a superhero coming into his apartment sitting down and reading the newspaper on the can. then he dissapears in a flash of light as his buddy uses "teleport other" on him.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My favorites would have to be Santa Clause, who look like Santa Clause!

Or, one character was named George Bush. I'd see the local information scrolling by: "George Bush defeats hellion leader."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My other cousin used to be into this game hardcore. We used to make fun of him for his choice of character names like Terminator, Dominator, etc. I don't think he found it as amusing as we did.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ah, who cares about the apostrophe? What's more important is the intolerance of MMORPG haters. City of Heroes is an excellent game. I'd suggest it to anyone.

I recently bought Guild Wars and I'm learning the ropes right now.

Obsidian Plays

I recently bought Guild Wars and I'm learning the ropes right now.

I am sorry.

Is that a comment on the game or the servers?

Obsidian Plays

Yuck, MMO's suck.

Is the conventional approach to plural's out of style or something. Are apostrophe's the in-thing at present?

:- I trust you were being ironic ... ... (Have you met Calax? I am convinced he purposefully and deliberately uses the exact opposite of accepted idiom for plurals and possessives ... )

Ah, who cares about the apostrophe?  What's more important is the intolerance of MMORPG haters.  City of Heroes is an excellent game.  I'd suggest it to anyone.

Mark me down on your secret list of apostrophe-adherents ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The game (Guild Wars) economy is in crapper right now and there is a huge content lack, you beat the game and you done ... PvP have issues (I would spend too long talking about then and I dont play PvP).

It it was not free I would advise you to save your time, I think that at tops you can have about 1-2 months of things to do but nothing after it and that was with a stable economy, the current one have such a high inflaction that you end up forced to farm just to provide basic needs (crafting armor and getting weapons).

drakron.png