A few Questions

First - When I learned the Lightsaberform from Master Vrook, I think it was the Shien-form, he said it was a defensive form. When I asked Kreia about it, she said it was an agressive form. Who do I have to believe?

Second - The title "The Sith Lords" was given by the developers because there was more than one Sith Lord. I thought they meant the 3 Sith Lords (Nihilus, Sion and Kreia), but I've counted (could be more) 7 more of them, so in total 10 (If the Exile is a Sith Lord, that makes 11). And those 7 weren't that strong at all. They are even weaker than some of the regular Dark Jedi. Did the developers mean the 3 Sith Lords or the whole bunch and do you think those Sith Lords were too weak?

Third - When Kreia is defeated, she told the Republic would fall and that it would be felt during a few millennia. Does anyone know which time period she means, because I can't com up with one.

Fourth - When you're aboard the Ravager, and you meet Darth Nihilus, the Exile can say that there are no Jedi on Telos and that Kreia has been lying to him. But when I'm back to Telos and I have to speak to Carth (If you told Revan went LS), after you spoke with him, Bastila comes into the room. Isn't she a Jedi?!

Fifth - Does anyone know where Revan has gone to or what this threat is that Revan is fighting? I bet no one knows, but it doesn't hurt asking.

When I learned the Lightsaberform from Master Vrook, I think it was the Shien-form, he said it was a defensive form. When I asked Kreia about it, she said it was an agressive form. Who do I have to believe?
Master Vrook. Shien is a defensive form used to deflect blaster bolts.
When Kreia is defeated, she told the Republic would fall and that it would be felt during a few millennia. Does anyone know which time period she means, because I can't com up with one.
The period of the movies, of course.
Fourth - When you're aboard the Ravager, and you meet Darth Nihilus, the Exile can say that there are no Jedi on Telos and that Kreia has been lying to him. But when I'm back to Telos and I have to speak to Carth (If you told Revan went LS), after you spoke with him, Bastila comes into the room. Isn't she a Jedi?!
She had just arrived with the Republic fleet. She wasn't on Telos when Kreia lied to Tobin about the Jedi, and the Exile didn't know about her presence. (Actually, she should have been on the Sojourn and not Telos itself, as well as Carth, so the Exile did not lie to Nihilus.)
Does anyone know where Revan has gone to or what this threat is that Revan is fighting? I bet no one knows, but it doesn't hurt asking.
Revan went to the Unknown Regions to face the True Sith (the species).

First - When I learned the Lightsaberform from Master Vrook, I think it was the    Shien-form, he said it was a defensive form. When I asked Kreia about it, she said it was an agressive form. Who do I have to believe?

Second - The title "The Sith Lords" was given by the developers because there was more than one Sith Lord. I thought they meant the 3 Sith Lords (Nihilus, Sion and Kreia), but I've counted (could be more) 7 more of them, so in total 10 (If the Exile is a Sith Lord, that makes 11). And those 7 weren't that strong at all. They are even weaker than some of the regular Dark Jedi. Did the developers mean the 3 Sith Lords or the whole bunch and do you think those Sith Lords were too weak?

Third - When Kreia is defeated, she told the Republic would fall and that it would be felt during a few millennia. Does anyone know which time period she means, because I can't com up with one.

Fifth - Does anyone know where Revan has gone to or what this threat is that Revan is fighting? I bet no one knows, but it doesn't hurt asking.

1. Don't know for sure, but I'd check your manual, strategy guide, or look somewhere on the internet to determine that. Maybe someone else can answer that question. Might just be a game inconsistancy.

2. What other Sith Lords are you referring to? Are you referring to your PC and your party members? If so, then the title does not refer to them. It only refers to the 3 Sith Lords that you are currently facing in the game - Sion, Nihilus, and Kreia. :p

3. She is referring to the movies where the Republic falls and is replaced by the Galactic Empire (end of Episode III). I don't know why the devs put that in there, but that's what she's referring to. <_< She said it would be a fall that would take many millenia, and that's kind of what happened.

4. Yup. That appears to be another one of the game's inconsistancies. Not to mention that Atris herself is a Jedi, also, and she was on Telos. The only explanation I can think of is that the exile didn't know Bastila was there, either, and Bastila had been 'hiding' from Nihilus like the Jedi masters. And yes, she was with Carth, she wasn't on Telos. :)

5. Revan is out there facing the "True Sith". They might be the remnants of the ancient Sith Empire/species that was thought to have died out. That's what Revan is fighting, and that's supposedly the next big foe we'll be facing in KOTOR 3. :thumbsup:

Anyway, hope that answers some of your questions. That's not official though, so I can be wrong. Hopefully, others will answer this, too.

Well, I had a feeling it had something to do with the movies, but that it takes millennia to recover, that seems strange. I didn't read the books of the New Jedi Order, so I don't know if the Republic plays a role in the books, but I played Jedi Academy, I don't remember well, but wasn't the Republic in the game?

@ Mothman : Abou the second question, you encounter 2 Sith Lords on Dxun (Temple of Freedon Nadd), 2 on Onderon when you have to save Queen Talia (don't know for Darksiders though) and 2-3 Sith Lords in the Trayus Academy on Malachor.

About the last question: I thought the True Sith were dead. I would like to fight some, so it isn't bad.

But don't you guys think that Kotor 3 is going to be more difficult to develope than Kotor 1 & 2 (IF it's going to be developed). It has to fill both the gaps from Kotor 1 & 2 and has to have a whole new story. All those questions that need answers. Don't you think?

Oh, I see. You know how the Sith prestige classes are marauder, assassin, and lord? The generic Sith Lords you fight are just those prestige classes. They just are talking about the class of sith you fight, just like you fight both marauders and assassins as well. >_<

1. Well if you look at a certain way both are right. Shien turns blaster bolt defensive moves into strong offensive moves. That is the saber form Luke and Vader fight with. It's more offensive than defensive however.

2. Like Mothman said, it only refers to Sion, Nihilus, and Kreia

3. It refers to the movies.

4. Perhaps the Exile was lying to Nihilus to prevent him from trying to destroy the planet or maybe the Exile just didn't know there were any Jedi left on the planet.

5. The Unknown Regions to fight the true Sith.

About the Unknown Regions, if there were any Sith there, then the Rakatan (assuming by Unknown Regions they mean the Unknown Planet) surely should've noticed them. Since Revan was on the Unknown Planet 5 years before Kotor 2, (s)he should've felt it somehow. Doesn't (s)he?

Another question: So Revan had a place on Malachor specially designed to break Jedi to become Sith. Does this mean the Star Forge has nothing to do with corrupting the Jedi (especially Revan)?

And then I have another question. Revan leaves all (s)he cares about (Revan LS) to fight the REAL threat (The true Sith, if this is correct). So (s)he's going to fight the true Sith all by him/herself, and maybe the Exile searches Revan and fights by his/her side. So 2 Jedi fighting a whole Sith bunch. :p Isn't that too much to handle?

About the Unknown Regions, if there were any Sith there, then the Rakatan (assuming by Unknown Regions they mean the Unknown Planet) surely should've noticed them. Since Revan was on the Unknown Planet 5 years before Kotor 2, (s)he should've felt it somehow. Doesn't (s)he?

Another question: So Revan had a place on Malachor specially designed to break Jedi to become Sith. Does this mean the Star Forge has nothing to do with corrupting the Jedi (especially Revan)?

And then I have another question. Revan leaves all (s)he cares about (Revan LS) to fight the REAL threat (The true Sith, if this is correct). So (s)he's going to fight the true Sith all by him/herself, and maybe the Exile searches Revan and fights by his/her side. So 2 Jedi fighting a whole Sith bunch.  :blink: Isn't that too much to handle?

No. The Unknown Regions are the areas beyond the Outer-Rim territories, Korriban was one of them until the exiled Jedi and the republic explorers discovered it.

And then I have another question. Revan leaves all (s)he cares about (Revan LS) to fight the REAL threat (The true Sith, if this is correct). So (s)he's going to fight the true Sith all by him/herself, and maybe the Exile searches Revan and fights by his/her side. So 2 Jedi fighting a whole Sith bunch.  :blink: Isn't that too much to handle?

The Star Forge was a place that corrupted Jedi. Revan had several places he used to break Jedi - places of intense dark power - the Star Forge and Malachor V were two of them.

And the game never explains why the hell the exile and Revan have to face the true Sith alone. It doesn't even make sense, if you think about it. Two people can't hope to defeat them alone. I guess it's all going to be explained in K3 (if it ever comes out).

The Rakatan wouldn't know anything about the Sith empire. Remember just how long ago the "builders" were said to have created their empire. IIRC Bastila estimated it at more than 10.000 years, which is long, long before the foundation of the Republic, and the Sith empire is much younger than that, since it was founded by dark jedi expelled from the jedi order. By that time the Rakatan had long since lost their connection to the force and regressed.

As for Revan, he didn't need to "feel" anything - he knew all along that the true Sith were out there. Kreia tells us that he sacrificed himself and the jedi who followed him in order to face the greater threat that he knew that the true Sith represented. It's also why he left strategically important installations intact and build the HK-50 droids to infiltrate the Republic at all levels - he needed an army to be ready when the time came.

Not so much "a place on Malachor" as the entire war effort there. He staged the whole thing to either convert the jedi to follow him and embrace the dark side or else to die during the war. The corrupting effects of Malachor was one factor that contributed to this. It's true that the Star Forge has corrupting effects, but don't forget that Revan didn't find it until years later, and he needed his army before then.

And then I have another question. Revan leaves all (s)he cares about (Revan LS) to fight the REAL threat (The true Sith, if this is correct). So (s)he's going to fight the true Sith all by him/herself, and maybe the Exile searches Revan and fights by his/her side. So 2 Jedi fighting a whole Sith bunch.  :thumbsup: Isn't that too much to handle?

If we're talking a straight fight, then sure. But why would Revan do that? It's far more likely that he would try to recruit true Sith followers to his cause and then challenge the true Sith leaders for the mantle of the Dark Lord, thereby creating a civil war among the true Sith. At least, that's what I think we'll see he did during the years he was gone. Doesn't mean I'm right, though.

I don't think it will be explained in KOTOR III - it was only a plot device to remove overpowered LS characters from the Republic space. But remember that Revan and Exile are natural leaders, particularly skilled in conversion. So they probably disrupted the True Sith, making some of them join their side and turn against the others...

Yup. That appears to be another one of the game's inconsistancies.
Another one? Bold words, and I would like to have a list of other inconsistencies. This one, as I explained, isn't an inconsistency.

About the Unknown Regions, if there were any Sith there, then the Rakatan (assuming by Unknown Regions they mean the Unknown Planet) surely should've noticed them.

Hm, that planet does't fall into the the "Unknown Region" as far as I know, only because the entire Republic and Sith Armada was there for one of the biggest space battles in Star Wars history. But who knows, mabye everyone blacked out at the After Party and forgot all about it :thumbsup:"

4. Even if Bastila was on the planet (or on Citadel station) when the Exile confronted Darth Nihilus (which I don't think is the case ... she was most likely with the Republic Fleet), the only Jedi that the Exile would have known to be on Telos would have been Atris (if she survived the encounter with the Exile). Also, Bastila doesn't show if you picked Revan to be female.

So I see a few possibilities ... (1) the Exile's lying (not likely, especially since the game doesn't give you a [LIE] option here) ... (2) the Exile doesn't think that one or two Jedi is sufficient to satisfy N's hunger (most likely) ... (3) an inconsistancy/shortcut in the dialog (probable, and fits with (2)).

K2 completely ignored Bastila as a character--she was 'a woman' to Exile, and nothing even suggested she was or had been a Jedi. If you hadn't played or read anything about K1, you wouldn't know who she was, either. (At least none of the conversational threads I followed explained it.) That omission seems odd. Given the importance of her actions in Revan's history she should have at least been identified or connected to the Jedi order. I don't think it was an oversight, but rather an unanswered question for the sake of K3.

Just speculating, but if no in-game character thought of her as a Jedi (especially Vrook), then she most likely turned away from the Jedi Council and was flying under the radar during the five year span between the two games. It's also more than likely Revan gave her a task to accomplish, just as Canderous and Carth were, if only to keep her from becoming a target or chasing after him.

She wasn't just a woman to the Exile: In these visions he saw on Korriban, he recognized her. But I agree with what you say.

It would be a little strange that Bastila wouldn't be a Jedi anymore.

And I have another question. I've read a few Star Wars Comic Books, and it's not hard to notice the style of drawing. But I've read "The Sith Wars", and the time between "The Sith Wars" and Kotor is about 40 years. The technology in the galaxy must have had a big boost in that period (according to th drawings). What has happened?

Yup. That appears to be another one of the game's inconsistancies.
Another one? Bold words, and I would like to have a list of other inconsistencies. This one, as I explained, isn't an inconsistency.

Please read my entire post instead of taking it out of context, thank you. :( And there were inconsistancies in the game, so it's not like that was the only one. One of the things I disliked about K2 was that they seemed to radically downplay Bastila's character and 'deify' Revan to the point where he seemed like a force god. I thought that was a little unrealistic. I think the main reason for this, though, was to turn him into a hero no matter what and make the players feel good about themselves.

Bastila was in hiding, that's why the Sith didn't know about her. Perhaps Revan's main task for her was to be safe from the Sith because he realized he would need her later, and, of course, he loved her as well. I just hope they give her character her credit back in K3.

She wasn't just a woman to the Exile: In these visions he saw on Korriban, he recognized her. But I agree with what you say.

It would be a little strange that Bastila wouldn't be a Jedi anymore.

And I have another question. I've read a few Star Wars Comic Books, and it's not hard to notice the style of drawing. But I've read "The Sith Wars", and the time between "The Sith Wars" and Kotor is about 40 years. The technology in the galaxy must have had a big boost in that period (according to th drawings). What has happened?

40 years is nothing in the Star Wars Universe, and certainly not enough time to notice an advance in technology. Hell, a couple hundred years is practiclly nothing. Ignore the illustrations...they have little to no bearing in the matter. They're just pictures...don't read so much into everything.

I think the devs of K1 (that would be Bioware) just didn't like the "ancient/retro tech"-look of the comic books and decided not to use it. Can't entirely say I blame them, as some of those ships really were ugly.

I do think they went too far in the other direction, though, and ended up with technology that is far too close to that of the movies, which is bad 4000 years before...

I've read... (no, just kidding :) ).

@Jediphile: Yea, you're right. But I like it much more this way than those awful things I saw in the comics. I just read it to know what went before Kotor.

But, if you can get Exar Kun's light battle Armor in Kotor 1 & 2 ( Ulic Qel-Droma's, too), then it conflicts with the comics, because the armor is far more advanced than what's in the comics.

But if you have played Jedi Academy and finished it, surely you have noticed Marka Ragnos, and his helmet his wearing. That's probably (surely) less advanced than Kotor. (Probably for the best).

I'd agree that KotOR games are rather too liberal in handing out high-tech stuff and arbitrarily assigning it to people like Exar or Ulic with little or no regard to the context.

Also, it hands it out in stupid ways at times. Exar Kun's battle armor should be unique, yet if you're "lucky" you can find several examples of it via the random loot - that's not what I would call well designed.

Besides, what battle armor would Exar Kun have? He was a sith (and jedi before that) and I don't think we ever saw him (that I remember off the top of my head) wear battlearmor of that kind. Why would we? It would have interefered with his force powers, and somehow I don't see him compromising those. It tastes far too much like some gear they thought up and then randomly assigned to whatever names popped up. Not so good. But K1 was just as much to blame for this - K2 just hands it out more randomly.