KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

A mentor that doesn't stab you in the back and talks a lot less would be nice.  :)  As well as one that isn't pathetically weak in one scene and uber-powerful in others.  <_<

I don't mind a philosophical difference of opinion that may become a schism, though, like Lex Luthur and Clark Kent used to be bosom buddies and end up mortal enemies ... after all, that is not so unusual ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i'm not against a betrayal as part of the story....I am, however, against being a limosine driver for someone that I know is going to betray me.

we've had 2 KOTORs in which the PC is a limosine driver for a female betrayer.

please, no more of that.....

betrayal = OK, fine

limosine driver for betrayer = no way, Jose

Indeed.

An old saying goes "Keep your enemies close but keep your friends closer"

Ya it goes almost exactly like that :shifty:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

so when is kotor 3 out?

It's not coming out, well not yet. The game hasn't been annouced yet.

We both know that's a lie. KotOR3 is due out around the globe next week. The total playthrough time is only about six minutes, though, since they really only made it to get to make a prequel trilogy.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

That or the Legitimately Propagated Singapore Edition.

Strange indeed.

Love the signature btw.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Seriously, Kriea's presence in the game was hardly established. Not even a class-specific lightsaber for a force user like her. And since she was a key character in K2, it would have helped to give her a power that could only be cast by her. Or that buffed her abilities in the Malachor battle. ...

The dancing sabres weren't special enough for you, then? :thumbsup:

Well, the floating lightsabers appeared as bosses that had been de-characterised of combat feats and hardly looked like they were under Kreia's focus through the Force. And they looked like usual lightsabers that any other sith lord carried. The only thing about them was they could take a lot of damage before being defeated, but no specific difficulty in their attacks. And, as a party character, her AI uses force breach often, yet as a boss, she hardly uses it, especially when your PC activates LS Force Enlightenment. (AI could have been specific)

What do you think of that?

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

KotOR3 is due out around the globe next week. The total playthrough time is only about six minutes, though, since they really only made it to get to make a prequel trilogy.

"Release before development," shouted the Queen of Hearts. :thumbsup: I see Bastila as Alice, and Vandar as the dormouse.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah, except K1 did it a lot better.  :p

@Meta: But what if you agreed with Kreia and her philosphies?  She still betrays you no matter what.  :thumbsup:

Limited game mechanic.

I wanted to kill the Force, but there was no option in the dialogue to agree with Kreia ... :huh:

Well, the floating lightsabers appeared as bosses that had been de-characterised of combat feats and hardly looked like they were under Kreia's focus through the Force. And they looked like usual lightsabers that any other sith lord carried. The only thing about them was they could take a lot of damage before being defeated, but no specific difficulty in their attacks. And, as a party character, her AI uses force breach often, yet as a boss, she hardly uses it, especially when your PC activates LS Force Enlightenment. (AI could have been specific)

What do you think of that?

We-eeeeeeeeeeeeeell, technically the sabres weren't henchmen, they were more like a K2 hommag

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've got a couple questions :- :

1) I've heard that there might be a video of some kotor 3 clips in this coming E3 anyone else heard about this it was on gamespot

2) When ferrago(spelling?) announced the lucas arts shakeup it mentioned that it was 'stalled' so does that mean that there will be a future game

3) i know bioware is a complete and utter no in terms as doing kotor 3 and it seems to me its in the shadows if obsidian will do it so does anyone have any idea who else could possibly do a the third installment

i would greatly appreciate any responses :D

I've got a couple questions  :- :

1) I've heard that there might be a video of some kotor 3 clips in this coming E3 anyone else heard about this it was on gamespot

2) When ferrago(spelling?) announced the lucas arts shakeup it mentioned that it was 'stalled' so does that mean that there will be a future game

3) i know bioware is a complete and utter no in terms as doing kotor 3 and it seems to me its in the shadows if obsidian will do it so does anyone have any idea who else could possibly do a the third installment

i would greatly appreciate any responses :D

I'm afraid you'll just get the usual - shut the fu*k up with baseless rumours there ain't gonna be K3 - by the local 'we hate K3 threads' gang :)" :ph34r:

The mods used to be quite strict about not having 'Will Kotor3 be made?' discussions in the 'Ideas and Suggestions' thread. However, with relatively little interest or activity in the subject at the moment, it should be OK.

I've heard nothing about it at all. The game hasn't even been announced. Could you head back to Gamespot and try to find your source for this? I'd be interested in taking a look.

My feeling is that LucasArts is trying to stick to a new rule of releasing only two games per year from now on, and they have more profitable and popular titles than Kotor 3 in the pipeline. In a few years when they've run out of ideas, they may commission Kotor 3.

Don't recognise the name, but sometime during 2004 there was an in-house LucasArts team working on Kotor3, and I think they were laid off, and the project shelved.

Obsidian have sort of implied that they would like to do it, but also that they don't want to take on another project any time soon. A new LucasArts team could do it. Pretty much any developer with some RPG experience might, no?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)