KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

1. Replacement of "d20" system used in KOTOR1 & 2. It just doesn't seem to work right for a video game. Go for something closer to Final Fantasy.
No. It's fine the way it is.

Except for the fact it's unbalanced. As it stands, KotOR's d20 system needs a major overhaul, failing which, an alternative system should be provided. No challenge = No fun.

However, the "let's everyone stand on this side of the line" FF system would be a terrible idea.

manthing2.jpg

1. Replacement of "d20" system used in KOTOR1 & 2. It just doesn't seem to work right for a video game. Go for something closer to Final Fantasy.
No. It's fine the way it is.

Except for the fact it's unbalanced. As it stands, KotOR's d20 system needs a major overhaul, failing which, an alternative system should be provided. No challenge = No fun.

However, the "let's everyone stand on this side of the line" FF system would be a terrible idea.

Well, maybe if they actually made it TURN BASED LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE AND DIDN'T MAKE LIGHTSABERS JUST +3 SWORDS AND HAVE EVEN GODDAMN GAFFI STICKS BLOCK THEM OR MAKE RANGED WEAPONS THE EQUIVILENT OF THROWING ROCKS AT AN ONCOMING TRAIN then it would work.

Just say "No" to pause and play.

That's already in actually, just set it to pause after every turn. I would like to have lightsaber be the ultimate melee weapon as it should be, cortosis weave is suppose to be rare!

That's something that always bother me, Weiser. Alright - I can accept the odd sith or mandalorian blade to be cortosis weaved, but when freakin' GAFFI STICKS are impervious to lightsabers, it's just silly. ;)

manthing2.jpg

14. A visit to Coruscant, Corellia, or Alderaan

15. Lesbian/bi-curious romances

Good ideas.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Here is something that I am thinking about: K1's environment involved quite a few situations where the gradual fading away of light continued to give way to darkness. Thus, the theme or rather of how the relationship between LS and DS was so substantially integrated into the game (by using very dim lighting in places where there were monsters and enemies like in the Lower City and Undercity while natural light from the sun was used for the Upper City of Taris. Almost every location or planet in K1, (except for Tatooine) like Kashyyyk (Shadowlands), Manaan, Korriban,(with the Sith tombs/caves) and Dantooine illustrated a representation of darkness (like Juhani in the grove), including the Star Forge where that darkness had to be dealt with by following through some of the main quests.

Peragus in K2 could have adopted this illustration of connecting environmental light and darkness interacting together: One way would have been having the HK-50 Droid on Peragus deactivating the main power source of the asteroid, so that the facility would have been plunged into a darkened place, with merely a few barely functioning lights that provided partial visibility. The usage of the mining droids actually was overdone as having a few droids types around different parts of the facility with certain events along the way could turn the story in another direction and made for varied fighting. One of the quests might have included a way to restore main power to bring all the lights back on. Perhaps a boss droid guarding the entrance to the power source within the heart of the facility would have made it a bit harder to follow through with the quest. The Nar Shaddaa Jek Jek Tarr tunnels looked more like an artificially constructed environment with all the poison vents in the bar, although there were quite a few NPCs there.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I agree with the problem of lightsabers....in all SW lore, they are the most powerful personal weapon around, bar none (in Ep III, they were used to cut through the roof of an elevator). However, if you incorporate that into a game, it is really hard to find the "sweet spot"....really hard to make combat with non-Force users challenging.

(And, I agree, I really do want lightsabers to be reflected in-game as having the power that the movies show they have).

What is the solution? I don't know but I think I would not mind waiting so much for my lightsaber (about 10-15 hours) if it was truely reflective of what the movie depiction of a lightsaber is supposed to be.

I am playing through K1 right now and I gave Jolee 2 sabers, Bastila 2 sabers, Juhanni a staff saber, and the PC a single saber and I still have enough lightsabers to open a flea market. I think one of the solutions is to make lightsabers much rarer than they are now....or even have a lightsaber creation feat that you only get at 12 level or something like that...even if you find a dropped lightsaber, you still have to use the feat to personalize it to you.

So, yes, we should see lightsabers actually slicing through gaffi sticks, quarterstaffs and even the occasional vibroblade (all non-energy weapons would, essentially get a saving throw) but this would need to be offset by adding other weights.

I have long suggested that we keep multilayered combat except for boss battles. The idea that if you get hit with a lightsaber, you ARE going down....two hits and you are dead....so, in the dueling scenario, you have all kinds of defenses and feints you can do in real time to avoid an out-an-out hit....things you can do to turn a hit into a glancing blow.....things like that.

Another thing they could do is to simply have alot more multithreaded adventures so that, even late in the game, there are some key battles that are not decided by lightsaber.

my suggestion: actual blood

thay say there's blood in the game (on the T for TEEN rating) but I didn't see much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh there is, see after about the third hour of trying to get enough influence with each individual character to start a drunken jedi orgy only to gain +1 influence with Baodur and -3 with everyone else. You attempt to burn your eyes out with a soldering iron but you grow impatient in your grief and frustration and jam the point in before it's hot enough to seal the wound.

I'd like more interaction with the enviroment, when you first get into the ebon hawk there should be all sorts of things you can discover and tinker with so that it does feel like your ship and not just a transition point from planet to planet. So if you've got a character with super high repair or computer skills they have a world all their own to play int instead of all that being secondary to saber bab and force powers.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

How about using the Source engine? I have Bloodlines and I like what it did for that game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The one thing that K3 would probably not be based on is locating the story only around the Sith. There has to also be some themes about darkness that is not directly linked to being the mere presence of Sith.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

my suggestion: actual blood

thay say there's blood in the game (on the T for TEEN rating) but I didn't see much.

The game would most likely get an M rating for that.

I don't mean massive blood everytime an enemy dies( like Diablo 2) just some. You know, someplace got massacred by the sith and you can find a body with a little blood that spilled. oh, another suggestion: more action in the cinematics, kotor 2 just didn't have that. (or not enough compared to K1.

PS I wonder, would Blizzard entertainment be a good company for kotor 3?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Remember that lighsaber blades have a cauterizing effect.

No Blizzard please. Maybe Flagship but not Blizzard.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hey whatever, you're the fans, not me. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Fanboy :lol:

kirottu said:

Remember that lighsaber blades have a cauterizing effect.

No Blizzard please. Maybe Flagship but not Blizzard.

what about swords, huh?