KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

It can be a good idea if you can "teach" something to your padawan. In K2, I think it's cool to have apprentice, but the main problem is to make them accept it, then "pouf" they learn from their own. I'd like to be a little like Kreia or Visas: to teach them something when you came up master on that power or smth like that...

A larger choice of characters could be great too...

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I did something wrong but I didn't really feel like I had a padawan. If it was meant to be the handmaiden (I refused to play all the way thru as a woman such was my hatred of the disciple) all it felt like was the normal process of jedifing a team member.

I'd like that expanded on; real conversations on what and why my character does what she/he does and what the padawan should take away from that...

Also, failing full rpgdom I'd like to at least be able to pick from a wider selection of starting classes including evil classes and multiclass freely (as per the rules) among my classes every level.

This would call for a more flexible story (a good thing). I'd also like my deeds to catch up with my story-wise and see some implementation of the reputation system.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Maybe I did something wrong but I didn't really feel like I had a padawan. If it was meant to be the handmaiden (I refused to play all the way thru as a woman such was my hatred of the disciple) all it felt like was the normal process of jedifing a team member.

I'd like that expanded on; real conversations on what and why my character does what she/he does and what the padawan should take away from that...

it was a really good idea just not fleshed out enough...I personally think that once you jedify a Force Sensitive, you have just locked in to that one student and you will not be jedifying anyone else (although you may still come across party members like Jolee or Visas who are already using the Force).

then, everything is negotiable. if you want to really teach that person, then he has to become your padawan. if you would rather not have a padawan, then you can keep it really casual. but the potential for a true mentoring situation should be there.

I am sorry if i'v interupted current discussion topic

--------------------------

Light Saber Assembly

--------------------------

In KOTOR2, even if we can create/have :

-power cells

-emitters

-lens

-color crystal

...we still cannot assemble them into a working LSaber at workbench. :ermm:

So i wish that we'll have the skill (yes, Bao-Dur skill) to be able to do that (maybe via quest, or once when we obtain our first LSaber to analyze)

I mean a skill to create LSaber component + ability to assemble and disamble a Lightsaber :rolleyes:

Therefore i suggest KOTOR3 adds 2 more LSaber creatable components, which is the LSaber casing/housing/hilt-case (whatever you name it) :

-Single-blade LSaber hilt-case

-Double-blade LSaber hilt-case

Single-blade LSaber hilt-case has blade-lenght-adjustor, so we dont need a Short LSaber anymore since we can simply adjust original single-blade LSaber into short one at workbench. :)

Double-bladed hilt-case don't need blade-lenght-adjustor since there's no reson to make the blade shorter.

Also, i think Double-bladed should need 2 power cells, 2 emmiters, 2 lens, 2x crystals packaged in single-long-hilt-case. Of course it should has more balanced effect.

http://www.thelightsaber.com/anatomy.htm (bottom page) I thank this site

Not every character can have this skill, assembling require componens, and repair skill reduce it. Perhaps additional success rate would be fine, failure penalty only result in some componens loss (not LSaber componens, but those universal components)

What the good of all of this? :huh:

-Double-bladed LSaber user will has as much upgrade/crystal benefits as Dual Lighsabers user :lol:

-Double-bladed LSaber can has different color/effect for each blade :wub:

-No need for a specific short LSaber, just adjust the normal one ;)

-No need to load a savegame just because a quest didn't give you favorite LSaber, just disamble the one you dont like to create the one you like.

(we can combine 2 LSabers into double-bladed one (vice versa), just create/find a proper hiltcase) :thumbsup:

Single one handed LSaber user still has it's no damage penalty and no hit-chance penalty :luck:

I think this will create even more amusing game. I'd like to know your opinions on this idea. :geek:

Thanks for any attention on this. :ph34r:

Lightsaber in one hand, blaster in another

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I want the Intelligence attribute to be made more important. It sould give bonuses(probably the moddifier) to your damage with weapons, attack modifier, defence, saving throws, and force powers DC.

A day/night cycle could be nice too. There has to be changing weather.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Why? What would those cycles add?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

atmosphere

and as a result, the NPCs should follow certain schedules based on time of day

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

But would it improve the game in some way? You'd have to make different time-cycles on different planets, add exotic weathers, the npcs would logically need to sleep. <_<

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Durng the night you could simply continue your quests, or sleep in the ship, a hotel/inn, or in a camp. After a short load it is going to be morning.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

But does the game need it?

kirottu said:

it add atmosphere and stealth options which might actually be fun with the right force abilities.

*Force obfuscation*

me: Dang it I can't see my feet!

Proto-Stormtrooper: Who goes there!?!

me: Um, you see nothing!

*Force blind*

Proto-Stormtrooper: Argh, my eyes!

me: Dammit!

*Affect mind*

me: You never had eyes!... and you didn't see or hear anything over here and now what to go about your merry little business.

Proto-Stormtrooper: Oh.

*he walks off whistling and promptly steps off a cliff with no visiable bottom, still whistling*

GM: Five DS points!

me: I knew I should have put more into intel, what good is wisdom if I'm just very aware of my stpidity?

I'm sure we could be playing zork but this is a good and as far as I know easy feature to add to the game.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I agree with adding a day and night cycle. It would really add a lot to the game. Remember on Dxun when it was raining? I loved that. It gave the game so much realism, just by having it rain on just one of half a dozen planets. To add a day and night cycle and some weather, like rain, snow, wind and whatnot, would really make it into a damn good game.

Oh, and for the planets, we need Dagobah and Mustafar...and Kamino...and if you can find something interesting to do with it, Hoth Oh, and maybe Ilum, where supposedly the Jedi grow lightsaber crstals and where that "living force" additive can be put into a lightsaber. I got that information here. Read it and thought it would be a cool place to go.

Edited by Jambo

Musopticon has a point. The storyline and characters should be top priority, that is what I have always said. Still, having day/night cycle and weather should be a positive improvement to the realism of the game.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

Well, if we take realism to consideration; there could be an improved injury system which takes everything from cuts to missing limbs into consideration. Also, the use of force should take concentration, maybe making the character vulnerable, taking joined effort, ability to lend force to one another, manipulating objects and persons. Heck, while we're at it; why not get rid of the "spell" system entirely in favor of a more free-form control form. Though that may be asking too much. :D

kirottu said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, or if I've mentioned it, but...

If the randomizer is used for loot generation, I'd like to see tiers and classes added to it... classes for 'remains' based on opponent difficulty/location. I don't like finding Jedi robes on gang members in the middle of Nar Shadda and such, they should be maybe on corpses or in containers around Dantooine, especially the Enclave. And the Enclave should always of course be short on blaster weapons, and armor. The tiering/class system would be more for contaiiners with loot. Basically: Three tiers of loot types: Tier 1 would be "Open Box in Open Room". Tier 2 would be either locked box, or locked room, but basically "One security roll taken to attain". Tier 3 would be locked box /and/ locked room. Basically "Two security rolls to attain". Using a weapon/mine instead of picking the lock could, along with broken items, result in a tier reduction.

Edited by Carrie

I like the idea of logging time....however, it needs to affect stuff. For instance, Morrowind logged time (to the second, I believe) but time was all but irrelevant to the pacing of the game...it was all about resting and getting your Fatigue bar back up.

I would say that, if they do log real time, that it actually have opportunity costs built in--if you go do this, you may miss the chance to do that....that sort of thing.

Bottom line: don't log time unless you incorporate opportunity costs.

Well, if we take realism to consideration; there could be an improved injury system which takes everything from cuts to missing limbs into consideration.

that's a hell of an idea. have one of the main characters lose a limb so they have to get an artificial one. that would be really cool. very clone wars/empire strikes back-ish. I didn't say revenge of the sith-ish because, well, that would be a little too extreme, but I suppose thety could have something like that in the game, towards the end.

Well, if we take realism to consideration; there could be an improved injury system which takes everything from cuts to missing limbs into consideration.

that's a hell of an idea. have one of the main characters lose a limb so they have to get an artificial one. that would be really cool. very clone wars/empire strikes back-ish. I didn't say revenge of the sith-ish because, well, that would be a little too extreme, but I suppose thety could have something like that in the game, towards the end.

It's 4000 years before the awkward prequel trilogy prosthetics, so it would be bronze-age stuff: great big steampunk claws for arms and beetle-like legs ...

PS the idea did surface at the beginning of this thread ... or the previous one ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To avoid the obvious problem of you running into Revan or the Exile and them looking completely different from the way they were last time, you should start off in the new coruscant temple as a relatively new Jeedai padawan taking a history test, in which you are asked leading questions determining whether Revan and the Exile were good or evil, then be asked to identify them from a bunch of pictures of people. After getting 100 on the test (Which it is impossible not to do :D) you are accepted as a padawan by either the Disciple or Handmaiden (depending on whether Exile was male or female). Then there's a montage of your training, and one seemingly normal day you are brought before the council (which includes Jolee Bindo, Bastila, Atris, Juhani, and maybe Atton) and they tell you that to complete your training you must complete some bogus mission somewhere.

When you get back, your experience will be much, much higher and the council will grant you status as Jeedai knight. You will have already gotten some followers at this point. The council then tells you that you have been chosen to find and assist, by your own means, Revan and the Exile. They cant come with you because the Republic is in a state of peril, under attack by a mysterious army of stange, powerful aliens, which turn out to be the original sith (remember everybody, the sith that are like evil Jeedai aren't real sith, they named themselves after a strage, evil alien species presumed extinct: Those are the guys that we will fight in Kotor 3)

Depending on whether you are good or evil at this point, you will meet either Admiral Carth or Supreme Mandalore Canderous Ordo, and they will give you either a brand spanking new Republic cruiser with amazing warp engines to go to the unknown regions (with full crew), or an ancient mysterious sith (or Rakatan) vessel with Mandalorian crew. Thats right everybody, I'm thinking that the new character for Kotor 3 is in command of his own ship venturing into the unknown sector (to finally get rid of the now kinda boring Ebon Hawk).

Wow

I wrote alot

Guest Lawman
To avoid the obvious problem of you running into Revan or the Exile and them looking completely different from the way they were last time, you should start off in the new coruscant temple as a relatively new Jeedai padawan taking a history test, in which you are asked leading questions determining whether Revan and the Exile were good or evil, then be asked to identify them from a bunch of pictures of people. After getting 100 on the test  (Which it is impossible not to do :D) you are accepted as a padawan by either the Disciple or Handmaiden (depending on whether Exile was male or female). Then there's a montage of your training, and one seemingly normal day you are brought before the council (which includes Jolee Bindo, Bastila, Atris, Juhani, and maybe Atton) and they tell you that to complete your training you must complete some bogus mission somewhere.

When you get back, your experience will be much, much higher and the council will grant you status as Jeedai knight. You will have already gotten some followers at this point. The council then tells you that you have been chosen to find and assist, by your own means, Revan and the Exile. They cant come with you because the Republic is in a state of peril, under attack by a mysterious army of stange, powerful aliens, which turn out to be the original sith (remember everybody, the sith that are like evil Jeedai aren't real sith, they named themselves after a strage, evil alien species presumed extinct: Those are the guys that we will fight in Kotor 3)

Depending on whether you are good or evil at this point, you will meet either Admiral Carth or Supreme Mandalore Canderous Ordo, and they will give you either a brand spanking new Republic cruiser with amazing warp engines to go to the unknown regions (with full crew), or an ancient mysterious sith (or Rakatan) vessel with Mandalorian crew. Thats right everybody, I'm thinking that the new character for Kotor 3 is in command of his own ship venturing into the unknown sector (to finally get rid of the now kinda boring Ebon Hawk).

Wow

I wrote alot

of useless drivell........

and its spelt Jedi