KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I want to say is that K3 REALLY needs most is good storyline and good characters. Technical things like the graphics, hooded robes, lightsaber hilts ,and etc.  shoud not be that important.

I have read trough all 49 pages of the thread and now I have quite a good opinion what K3 should/shoudn't have.

<snip>

TO BE CONTINUED.....................

I agree that if time and resources are limited (as they will be), they need to spend more time on story and characters than things like dismemberment options in combat.

However, there really does need to be better AI both in combat and even with things like pathfinding. Non-combat AI scripts such as telling a character to constantly look for secret doors and traps would be nice, too.

And, of course, there is INFLUENCE. If they do bring it back (and I kinda hope they do) then it needs ALOT of work to be enjoyable and realistic.

less Force powers would be good.

having forking trees would be good.

if you get the level 3 force power, then you see the 2nd tree

that goes up to level 6.

levels 4, 5, and 6 of a Force power burn 2 slots instead of 1.

only Consulars have a gazillion powers to choose from.

other classes have half the options that Consulars have.

Force Throw as a Universal Power would be good as it is

soooooo Star Wars.

If you are DS, you can only use the level 1 version of a crossover power

Same thing with LS. We can't have DSers master healing themselves and then

lightning spamming their way to victory. DSers should have to use the Drain Life powers alot more than they do now.

less Force powers would be good.

having forking trees would be good.

if you get the level 3 force power, then you see the 2nd tree

that goes up to level 6.

levels 4, 5, and 6 of a Force power burn 2 slots instead of 1.

only Consulars have a gazillion powers to choose from.

other classes have half the options that Consulars have.

Force Throw as a Universal Power would be good as it is

soooooo Star Wars.

If you are DS, you can only use the level 1 version of a crossover power

Same thing with LS.  We can't have DSers master healing themselves and then

lightning spamming their way to victory.  DSers should have to use the Drain Life powers alot more than they do now.

ummm...yeaaa sith use healing just as much as a jedi would, it may have been a jedi invented power that doesnt mean sith dont use it as much or less. i think it is better if you are not restricted to powers. because that would only take away the realisim.

p.s. hey to who ever said that K1 and K2 were rated the best RPG in the states to me, i wasnt saying it is a bad game im just saying we need more choices. and a longer game. (and if you keep makeing te same game over and over it will get boring and it whont be the best RPG you need choices)

still havent got a email, darkwolfenstein@hotmail.com come on people test me with your star wars knowlage.

One thing that would add to K3 would be further refinement of just a few characters from K2 and possibly K1. The whole idea of a mass killing of the Council in K2 was not exactly one that I would consider acceptable. Seems abrupt too. The K2 idea I got was just merely blind killing.

I hear you. And just because Master Zhar and Master Vandar were believed to have died on Katarr, does not necessarily mean that they did, in fact, die in that attack.

I would love to see one or both of them make a surprise appearance late in K3.

Power trees arn't feasible because of the way that the force powers work. It's not like your powers are based off the fact your different from one another. you can all do the same stuff, it's just that the dark side are more agressive in their use of power and are willing to use the power in different ways. it's not like they tap completly different sources.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Power trees arn't feasible because of the way that the force powers work. It's not like your powers are based off the fact your different from one another. you can all do the same stuff, it's just that the dark side are more agressive in their use of power and are willing to use the power in different ways. it's not like they tap completly different sources.

I'm not suggesting trees based on alignment.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Level 1 HEAL gives way to Level 2 HEAL but also to Revitalize.

As it is right now, Revitalize is its own power, thus creating a smorgasboard of powers...I like the idea of treeing similar effects tied to the same level 1 prerequisite power.

It's really about being neat and tidy more than anything else.

they did that in WoW... have you ever looked at a WoW tool bar? they have more commands than I have hair follicles on my body!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Another option that might be considered in K3 might be the option of fighting opponents in order to level up without having to necessarily deal with overly difficult enemies while doing so. In K2, there were two places to do this: the time when fighting together with the Mandalorians on Dxun against the Sith stealth fighters while trying to get to Onderon. The other being the Sith cave where Hsiss keep on appearing. As it is, the purpose of leveling up is painfully tedious when having to fight through a group of force users to get to the Hsiss area.

It would help to have the location of leveling up in a place that is openly available on a planet rather than right inside a cave of past visions with visions of force users right between the PC and the training area:

knights45.jpg

And also the places in the Undercity and the Lower Sewers where rakghouls kept on appearing each time the transit back to the hideout was used in K1 which provides more than one place to level up, with five instead of two enemies to deal with:

s15857_XB_10.jpg

Besides, Force points could not be recovered while in the Sith cave on Korriban.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I want to say is that K3 REALLY needs most is good storyline and good characters. Technical things like the graphics, hooded robes, lightsaber hilts ,and etc. shoud not be that important.

I have read trough all 49 pages of the thread and now I have quite a good opinion what K3 should/shoudn't have.

-----== Technical and Gameplay Issues==-----

O.k., let us check the technical details first. In the beggining of the thread was the idea for loosing limbs during combat. Although it could make the game more realistic, I seriously doubt it will fit in the gameplay and I think it is rather pointless. Then it was the graphics question. Well, it is not the graphics that makes a RPG game like KotOR good. The Oddisey engine fitts the game good enough and I do not want another. Some of you suggested FPS( first person shooter) engines, but they are not going to improve the game much. It will take a lot of time. I think the best sollution is to inprove the current engine or leave it as it is.

There were requests for better item storage and journal systems. I know that carying 40+ armors, weapons, medpacks, etc. is not realistic, but I don't give a damn(sorry about this word) about it and nor should you. It is just an unnecessary concern. The journal system, on the other hand, NEEDS to be improved. I won't go into detail here.

Someone gave the suggestion for getting rid of the current classes, and have an padawan-->knight-->master system so the game could be more Star Wars-like. Remember, it's a RPG game we are talking about. Second, don't worry that much about that. It is fiction after all. Third, this classes Guardian, Sentinel, Consular are TRUE( there is also a fourth class called Healer). They were not created from the game developers. The same goes for the Prestige Classes. The class system is good as it is(although they could add the Healer).

Continued........

I don't know why I forgot to mention this, but I wil say it now. The AI needs to be improved, or at least make the game itself harder. A good example for this is when enemies get stuck in the corners. It will be nice the game to be longer, about 55-70 hours of gameplay, but as Plano Skywalker said the time and resources will surely be limited.

This may not a big gameplay issue, but the darkside transition, and being dark overall have to be changed. In K2 you look like a corpse for crying out loud!! The dark transition in the first game(where you look like a junkie) wasn't that good but it is still much better than the transistion in the second one. What about playing dark overall? In K1 it wasn't bad at all, but in K2 it was quite stupid. You are just a brute. In K3 I wish that you are more like a cunning sinister manipulator like Palpatine. Well, being a Sith can't go without some mindless killing, but don't have to be just a bully.

This would also require better ways to get light or dark points. For the dark side, as I said in the previous paragraph, you have to do somthing thruly evil. It could be killing without mercy innocents or some really mean way to manipulate events(starting a civil war, for example). Some of the things you did in K1 were really disgusting, but, well, this is what is to be form the Dark Side of the Force, and it better be this way. As for being lightside, you must be ready to willingly go to hell in order to save the innocent. You must be willing to sacrifice your time, money, resourses, and even your life in order to do the right thing. You must akt even if this will send every bounty hunter in the galaxy after you(yayyyyyyy, free experience!!). Well, this is what is it to be a jedi.

The influence systen should stay, but it has to be improved. There were complaints about not being abe to influence all your companions because the people were light/dark. I must say that this is more real and improves the personalities of the party members. A lightside jedi should not be able to influence

HK-47, and should not try, as long as he/she can influence Bao-Dur, Mira, handmaiden, Disciple, etc. I would also like to see more party members that join you if you are light or dark(the Mira/Hanhar choice). Three or four should do, because it is good to have variety. Another thing- NO Disciple/Handmaiden choice, please! The gender should not matter! The alignment should!

It is a good idea is to add new feats and force powers and to make the skills much more useful. You should also be able to reach hihger level and maybe increase the level cap to levle 60. A feat that increases your defence and a feat that allows you to srug some percent of damage are going to be a nice addition. I have a idea for a new type of weapon similar to Mira's rocket launcher. It could be a dart/rocket launcher too, but it could also be a portable flamethrower, electric shocker, liquid nitrogen thrower, glue shooter, etc. There should also be new force powers. I have some ideas:

1. Force Disarm( Light or Core power)

It baisikly removes the weapons of a group of emenies and also lowers their defence and saving throws. If casted on you it will do the same and you should fight unarmed. After a time you will get your weapon back. If you save your save, your defence and saving throes won't be affected.

2. Force Choke (dark power)

Well, it is quite obvious what it should do. The target should sufficate for a short time(1-2sec) and take some damage and after that fight with lowered attributes. This happens if the target saves. If not it should fall on the floor in agony.for 3-4 sec. It will take more damage and its attributes will suffe more.

Again I must go. I'll be back ;)

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

The influence systen should stay, but it has to be improved. There were complaints about not being abe to influence all your companions because the people were light/dark. I must say that this is more real and improves the personalities of the party members. A lightside jedi should not be able to influence

HK-47, and should not try, as long as he/she can influence Bao-Dur, Mira, handmaiden, Disciple, etc. I would also like to see more party members that join you if you are light or dark(the Mira/Hanhar choice). Three or four should do, because it is good to have variety. Another thing- NO Disciple/Handmaiden choice, please! The gender should not matter! The alignment should!

First of all, INFLUENCE should not be alignment-based at all.

If you want to give Consulars and Lords only the ability to tinker with alignments if they burn certain feat slots....fine. But, all in all (for non-Consular PCs), HK-47 is never going to be LS and Mira is never going to be DS....period.

I think most people would agree with that.

Now, part of what we saw in K2 with regard to that may have been related to the special powers that the protagonist possessed. That does need to be kept in mind.

But I am tired of playing pregens with special powers. If I want special powers of persuasion, then I should have to burn slots for it.

Your party (or ship crew, as it were) should "make sense". If you are someone who has LS Mastery, then you really don't need HK or Mandalore on your ship. They can solve this problem the way Balder's Gate solved it: PARTY MANAGEMENT.

Let there be more potential crew mates than the max number of slots on the ship.

More Hanharr/Mira type choices. But not just that...if you want to sell a sentient droid and replace him with a much more advanced model (or a droid with a much different alignment), that would be sweet.

I would say that only 2 or 3 shipmates should comprise the "inner circle" and be absolutely non-replaceable.

I also like the idea that each character has a "vulnerability zone". In other words, there is one map (different for each character) that, if the character dies, the character is DEAD and not unconscious.

It also had less marketing dollars behind it.

This might be due to the fact that the Knights of the Old Republic name was already out there because of its predecessor. Everyone who already knew of K1 naturally knew of K2. The marketing that did go into it was probably directed at the few-and-far-between who had not heard of it yet.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

lets see, what would i want in kotor 3, dismemberment on opponents, the ability to leave the jedi order and still finish the game.

fyi the jedi code reminds me of the measure from dragonlance's kights of solmalia(or whatever), and its a load of garebage, it puts the knight in a case of steel heavier than their armour, and its the same with the code of the jedi, it wraps the jedi in durastell thats heavier than their ships(id say amour, but most jedi dont wear it)

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Going back to what was discussed earlier, there were not that many monsters in K2 except for Hsiss, a drexl, and the different beasts on Dxun.

If there were going to be certain monsters in K3, some of the ideas in K1 could be built upon, including the tarentatek from the shadowlands of Kashyyyk. There might be a greater version of the tarentatek-type monster in K3. The name I would suggest is a Greater Tarentatek, which basically thrives on a substantial amount of DS energy, several times more than the tarentatek that was responsible for the deaths of the Jedi involved in the Great Hunt.

Here are some suggested properties in terms of attacks for this monster: Each hit scored by a Greater Tarentatek would afflict the PC with Plague and Poison statuses. That means losing 4 points of vitality every turn and having attributes lowered by 12 points progressively. So this is actually a combination of the occasional rakghoul effect and the K1 tarentatek poison.

The other thing is higher amount of vitality than the initial K1 tarentatek.

Also, a modified or DS controlled monster which might be a modified version of a rakghoul. This monster might have an ability to choke the PC and other characters, (slightly like DS Force power Kill) whic can be avoided by Fortitude save. Differences between this and the rakghoul would be that this monster might have dark grey skin. The name I would give it is a Misshapened Ghoul, which is much more difficult to defeat than a Rakghoul Fiend. The other thing about it is it can cause slight vibrations in the ground, and make characters lose their balance, if they do not succeed on their Reflex saves.

A force power called Force Shake has yet to be introduced although I doubt that it would be included in K3. (Force powers usually occurr without environmental effects)

Feel free to suggest any ideas people might think off...

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I would like to see day/night cycle. It would make the different planets feel more real. during the night you could go to the Hawk, an inn or hotel , make a camp, or simply continue killing enemies.

I also have an idea to make the Intelligence attribute much more useful. It should give bonuses(probably the modifier) to your damage with weapons(or unarmed), your "to hit', increase your saving throws, and increase the DC of your force powers. Knowlledge shoud be a dangerous weapon. :blink: It's modifier should also apply twice as bonus to your skills.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

I inadvertently posted this on another thread and apologize for that. Having been redirected here, may I offer observations/suggestions?

GRAPHICS:

Male playing characters UGLY and mean looking. Don't confuse MACHO with FUGLY. I would have preferred to play as Darth Scion than any of the male sprites.

Visas' disturbing lack of teeth made it appear that her tongue would simply overfill her mouth while she spoke. It was creepy and looked wrong.

Visas' veil kept disappearing into her shoulders and I wasn't able to change her armor/robe.

Kreia: Same, couldn't change robe (visibly)

Player: character often disappeared into the cybersphere with no way back into the scene, unless accompanied by other crew members

Overall, graphics unfinished, and this was unfortunately, obvious. Long laborious corridors and endless doors does not make up for the similarity of settings and the (ultimate) lack of a cogent story.

GAMEPLAY/engine related:

Player should be able to level up, check stats, etc. of all crew members whilst on board the Ebon Hawk. The fact that you can outfit them without the ability first to check their stats, etc., is pointless. This flaw in the engine should have been addressed.

Journal: Dialogue paths, particularly those with crew members and key NPC's are not maintained, as in Baldur's gate, when you could look back over everything.

Workbench: Why is it necessary to leave the workbench in between creating/breaking down and upgrading items? Silly. Fix this, please.

Items: The scarce availability of items early on in the game is absurd, whilst, at the end of the game when you are required to play BY YOURSELF, you get every item in the world. There should be more balance and the player should be able to pick advanced armor/weapons and stuff up from the beginning of the game, even if the character has not yet progressed to a level where the item can yet be used. (Like Baldurs Gate).

There should be discretionary control over each of the characters/crew whilst aboard the Ebon Hawk. There should be more interaction controlled by the player, between crew members.

Another beef I had is that pre-scripted cinematics (like on Telos when you pick up Bao Dur) screw up the most carefully planned stealth missions. There you are, creeping quietly along, and Bao Dur starts talking to you!

STEALTH: If your whole party is equipped with stealth capabilities, having to do this in solo mode is silly.

EBON HAWK:

No head? Even the most dedicated Jedi have to use the bathroom. The lack of one on board is disturbing.

Why can't the characters sit down on the ship and/or move about?

Why can't the player sit in the c-ockpit with the pilot and the crew sit in any of the seats on board?

They never use the dorms to sleep and apparenty, don't eat, either, for there is no mess.

Cargo hold: empty? Why?

Sick bay: Why is there no LAB WORKBENCH in sick bay? Why are there no containers, cabinets, etc. with supplies in them?

There should be more computer panels, gizmos, things to do on board than run around. In the prologue, there was a computer panel in the main hold that mysteriously disappeared when the actual game started. The security room at least, now has a function, but there need to be lots more toys on board.

Also bummed that HK didn't provide shooting practice.

Overall the Ebon Hawk needs even more tweaking and there must be more stuff to do on board and equipment to operate. Bao Dur, in particular needs something to actually work on.

SOLO PLAY:

On two different occasions, the player is required to play as Mira

On two different occasions, the player is reqiured to play as T3

Once the player must be Atton

Once the player must be Bao Dur's useless DROID

At the end, the player has to go it alone:

1. Having to play Mira twice is pointless, particularly since the second fight with Hanharr makes no sense and there is no explanation for why Kreia "resurrects" him. Mira's fight with him on Malachor is innane and should have been deleted for something with a point. Thumbs down.

2. The T3 sequences are OK, but more variety would have been preferred. Eh...

3. The Atton sequence is fun, but too short. There should be much more interplay between the Tw'ilek assassins and him -- would have been a good showcase for his happy-go-lucky, flirtatiousness, male-weakness to attractive femaleness interaction. Instead, it's just a little skirmish. Eh...

4. Bao Dur's DROID? Clearly, the single most dull, pointless part of the game. This could have put one of the actual crew members to use, but Noooo, instead, its' this dumb droid whose only function is to retrace your steps. GOTO's intervention at the end of this seemingly useless exercise, is baffling and unexplained. Back to the drawing board.

5. Going it all alone at the end: Nope, didn't like it. At the end of KOTR I you got to take two Jedis with you. (I wanted Carth -- oh well). But here, all that training your crew and the climactic battle is yours alone. Heavy sigh.

Overall, having the opportunity to play as the other crew members would have been much more interesting and functional insofar as moving the plot, to the extent that there still was one at this point in the game.

CREW MEMBERS:

OVERALL: Except for Kreia, none of the characters is developed sufficiently to really justify light or dark side response from the player. They latch on for their own reasons, most of which we never really know for sure, and to the extent these are revealed, the reasons provided are shallow and unsatisfying. It's apparent that the character development was not terribly high on the list in this story. Too bad the suits wrecked the story too.

ATTON: This character needs far more development. Also why can't he know pazzak rules on each of the planets we visit? If anyone would, he should. That would make more fun. (When he and the exile get to know each other a little better, maybe they can play by Nar Shadaa rules. *wink*) Since he is the first (scarecrow) he should be much better developed than the others. Fresh conversation should not terminate just because he's a Jedi, or you've pissed him off or whatever. Voice acting: A++ My preferece: Much Much more Atton. Love this character.

KREIA: Clearly the best developed character and the most interesting of any Star Wars story to date. That she was the villian is baffling and made no sense. Voice acting: A++ My preference: Resurrect her!

MANDALORE: I LOVED Canderous' constant storytelling in the firt game and really missed it in this one. BOO! Voice Acting: A++ My Preference: More more more Canderous! And take off the friggin armor!

BAO DUR: For god's sake give him some gizmos to fiddle with. He has literally nothing to do and just looks silly. He should be wandering around the ship like T3 too. Also, he wouldn't talk to me except to say "Yes General?" after we left Telos so I rarely used him. Voice Acting: A++ My preference: More background on this very interesting character. He seems to have a lot of potential.

BAO DUR'S DROID: As players were forced to use this "character" in actual gameplay (apparently it wasn't enough to have it follow B.D. everywhere) I am forced to comment upon it as a character it its own right: Ugh. My preference: watching paint peel. Totally disposable character, given far, far too much screen time.

DISCIPLE: PUHLEEZE. This guy annoys the hell out of me. He is B O R I N G to the nth degree, like a Dudley Do-Right who I'd like to slap. I thought it might be fun to sic Mira on him with her Bothan Stunner. Voice Acting: (Assuming he was supposed to sound like a twit: A++) My preference: a date with a cardboard cutout of Dudley DoRight's horse and the ability to kill this character.

HK: Wouldn't be the Ebon Hawk without him, though because of the silly "influence" system, he wouldn't talk to me much and I still don't know what I did wrong. I couldn't figure it out and finally chalked it up to a programming glitch when, in a subsequent playthrough, following the same dialogue paths and he became Mr. Chatterbox that I know and love. Kris Tabori is stupendous and I couldn't imagine a KOTR game without him. His disdain for the knock off HKs was worth the price of admission. I would NEVER install the pacifist package (unless I was playing dark side) it would be like killing him. As it is he practically cried when asked not to inquire about assassination. Voice acting: OSCAR My preference: More more more HK and MUCH MUCH earlier in the game.

MIRA: Needs to be better developed. Her back story is. . . lacking. Voice acting: B+ (overdone/underdone) My preference: Mission.

GOTO: As I did with Jar Jar, I would have prefered that this character be killed as early in the story as possible. Unfortunately, he was not. The reverse wizard of oz thing was amusing but frankly, this is a useless crew member and I would have SO prefered another human or sentient organic meatbag. Voice acting: A My preference: a sharp stick in the eye, or at least, another human companion.

T3: My favorite droid, don't change a thing. Voice acting: Boop beep dweet be be boop. My preference: Dwoo beep bop boop bee dee dweet.

VISAS: Pointless character, really, she goes all squishy when you save her and devotes her life to you. Kind of a Star Wars Trash Can Man. Voice acting: A+ My preference: Matt Frewer as a Max Headroom--TrashCan Man hybrid stowaway..

Overall: Given the size of the game and limitations on story and locations, 10 crew members is too many to really utilize. The droid-human balance is way off, particularly since in one sequence you have to play as Bao Dur's useless droid, instead of one of the THREE DROID CREW MEMBERS. WTF?

Moreover, because the game is limited in story and locations, it does not have sufficient replay value to justify playing through repeatedly with different combinations of the 10 crew members on the various missions, principally because your choice is so limited by the mandatory "play as one of the crew" missions.

Bottom line: Focus on developing the characters, rather than adding numbers of crew. Yes, the Ebon Hawk is a big ship, and yes, it's nice to see it all filled up. BUT, if you can't develop quality characters worthy of having in the crew, then the crew should be limited to six characters.

Which brings me to another beef: THREE person crews are not enough. I want to take three crew members with me. By rights, I should be able to take up to six (ah yes, I pine for Baldur's Gate). This three member party limit also makes having 10 crew members silly.

SETTINGS:

How about some new landscapes? Telos and Onderon were a start, but the rest of the planets were reruns. Yawwwwn.

What happened to the Sandahl residence on Dantooine?

What was the deal with the cave within the cave on Korriban? I mean, explain please, particularly why the heck it wasn't there in the last game???? Continuity much?

STORY:

Probably my biggest criticism, though I feel fairly certain this horrendous gutting of what was a promising story with many interesting twists, is more attributable to some idiot suit shoving this game out the door before it was finished than it is the abandonment by its authors. Nevertheless, it is sad, to say the least that pinheads behind desks get to undermine quality for the sake of an overcommercialized, greedy gang of pharisees and money changers. The story, which had great promise, petered out soon after Nar Shadaa. A small tragedy.

I frankly still have no idea what happened at Malachor, why the droids zapped one another, why Hanharr was brought back from the dead; what Bao Dur experienced on Duxun, what happened between Kreia and Scion or the other Darth Evil guy, or any of that. All attributable to unfortunate butchering of the story.

So, to fix it, how about an expansion pack (Not KOTR3 -- that should be a whole game) to tie up the lose ends?

The romances should be romances and not adolescent flirtations. At least Carth and Revan periodically spoke of their feelings for one another -- with one another. The closest thing to an intimate conversation that happens in KOTR2 is Mira suggesting that Atton and the Exile have been "hooking up a power coupling". This dialogue is too childish and frankly, apart from their gender difference and him seeing the exile in her underwear, there is no antecedent even for a casually sexual relationship between Atton and the exile. Yet, this might have been a more interesting development because Atton is so much more interesting than Han Solo.

Part of what really worked here is Kreia, who is a fascinating character. Quite frankly, that she was the "baddie" here was confusing, as I always regarded her counsel as wise. I actually tried to play through as a neutral character, but obviously could not gain the benefit of a prestige class for doing so. Yet, Kreia's counsel was never really "good" or "bad"; she neither approved nor disapproved of a thing just because it was "good" or "evil". I thought for instance, the 5 credit donation lecture on Nar Shadaa was very enlightened.

But, NONE of the other characters has this depth. They should.

Also SORELY missed the character quests for each crew member. This made the story and your relationship with the crew that much more interesting. Talk about influence! Whoo! Would have been a perfect opportunity to gain tons and make it meaningful.

JEDI "TRAINING" OK so Luke had to train for years with Ben and Yoda before HE could be a Jedi. The Exile and Revan had to go through the counsel's training and years of tribulations as a Padawan. But . . .your crew? All they have to do is close their eyes and visualize and VOILA! They are JEDI. The only thing missing here were the mitachlorians. At least mandatory additional training sessions should have been provided. The garage or cargo hold in the Ebon Hawk would have been ideal settings for this.

The untied ends of this story are worth completing and I hope you do that before the next one.

Here is how it should start you are reven right after the end of kotor one heading into the outer rim with full powers and a neutral rating. Your ship the the eben Hawk(Whitch is broken and battered from all the battles)Start malfunctioning so you dock a a space port with a lot of shiny new looking ships. you start talking to the owner of the space port and he offers a even trade the hawk for a new custom ship that you design you self you just have to do him one favor for him,(Bum Bum Bum)Help "get ride of" a relly powerful true sith form his ship yard. you try to talk the guy into leaving(just try to kill him) with no success and the massive amount of force you both used in the battle wipe out all your power, the true sith walks out unscaved and leave the ship yard. the owner dose not care how you got him to leave just that he is gone and give you your custom ship

Reven has to rebuild his/her force powers back and win back his/her pride + that fact it was a true sith Fully masked so you cant see what he looked like, set out on he way with his new ship.

OK so it 1.5 but it will fill it the gaps and void the kotor2 Porblem out.

marblex - I agree with most of your points, and you brought light to some flaws that I had not seen discussed much here before (hard to do).

You should install the pacifist upgrade, and do it with T3-M4 in your party ... the dialog is absolutely priceless (and you think the "cheap imitations ... not even the right color" dialog was good ...).

Also, play darkside, with him in your party as much as possible to get to the best parts of his dialog in K2.

I have already PMed Fionavar. Since there has been no news from the global moderators, I will assume that we can continue to post in this thread till we receive news about posting in an unused thread later.

Back to what I was discussing about earlier, in terms of effects for K3, there might be some sort of interaction between the environment and force powers for the PC. There might be atmospheric conditions which are the result of concentrated dark side energies that greatly decrease the effectiveness of the PC's force powers. As a few examples, damage done by powers like Force Wave may be reduced to a third of the usual damage done, and perhaps status effects like stun may not work as often as expected. Healing effects or powers like Force Drain are halfed. The other side of this is that dark side force powers like Death Field, which people would expect to use as a way of draining life, contradictarily heals the monster it is used upon. So, since Death Field drains life from a group of enemies, it has an opposite effect of healing them.

And perhaps, in specific parts of the game, only force powers like Healing and Death Field work as usual with Master Force Barrier and Master Energy Resistance, while other force powers are rendered redundant temporarily until a certain point in the game is reached. So the PC has little choice but to rely on skills and lightsaber fighting attributes.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

There will be problems in K3 assuming that Revan and the exile are in it.

You'll be a new character...but we were Revan and the Exile...so there will be three of us? Jeez :luck: I must have a nap... :D

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely agree that the environment (rain, snow, wind, etc) should play a huge role in combat.

And, indeed, we need to see Force powers that manipulate the environment.

In my view, these are also prime candidates to be Universal powers, which is one area that probably needs expanding.

Force Throw is used so much in the movies that it would be my first choice.

Second choice: something very much like D&D's Entangle spell.