KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Ah, a moral dimension to the RPG?

(It'll never sell.)

There was a game released last year, iirc, that was just a model of RL. The premise of the game was that you entered each character, and the game randomly selected who, what and where, based on actual statistics. The reviewer, for example, had a character from the developing world (naturally, as the odds are higher); she died early due to childbirth, or something similar; half her family died due to the oppressive poverty and related illnesses (and lack of medicines).

I think it's even free to play (or a small donation is requested).

Bit of a downer, though: it'd never sell ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

ok this is a new idea but i think that it would be cool.

instead of having a character with 500 hp that gets hit by a lightsaber time after time, they could instead have a sort of....stamina/concentration bar, it would work much like health except it regenerates almost instantly after a combat and it is used for attacking blocking, dodging etc (with multiple enemies in front of you and behind you taking a greater toll on your concentration but you could use force jump or a dodge skill of some sort to get out of those situations).... and like in the previous kotor2 and kotor 1 you will have much greater stamina than common footsoldiers and im sure that there could be an easy way to adapt this to the d20 system, for example when scoring a critical hit you incapacitate and enemy by slicing off his leg or arm :ph34r: ... ill post more when i think of ways to adapt this to the d20 system.

i think that they should do it this way because it its very unrealilistic how you survive so many lightsaber hits, and you could have cooler finishing moves, such as slicing you lightsaber through them for an instant kill , and it wouldnt be than much more difficult, replace critical strike with a called shot to the arm or leg which would be more difficult to hit but a higher chance of temporarily crippling an opponnent, leaving him/her open for a cou'de grace (decapitation anybody?) or giving you a chance to talk to them after subdueing them (somebody posted about that)

THis would make fighting more cinematic and the parrying and dodging will be taken to the next level, the fighting in kotor1/2 wasnt as visually stunning as it could have been.

and this also opens up possibillities for making the forms more important and putting an emphasis on which ones you use......maybye specialize in eventually?

Tell me what you think of if you have any suggestions for changing it

I liked all the flyby ships on TCS. That little element made me feel like I belonged to a much bigger picture as travelers and citizens went about their daily lives. Also, the gameplay shouldn't be so linear. How about hundreds of different ways to get to one of the handful of endings? I wanna be able to be immersed in this game. Dive in head first and stay down for as long as I can.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

how abt a slight improvement in the AI.  Have u ever noticed that your computer controlled charaters never turn on there shields :)

I find it worse that when I first get control of Mira and don't want to level her, because I want to jedify her later, I can shoot the ubese without a response if I can get to do it from far enough away for them not to notice me, even I'm shooting at them and they're taking great damage :-:(

Actually, with Mira, I let her level up fairly high because that way she gets a lot of her range-based feats. With all her abilities like targeting and precise shot, she is probably the best ranged character in the game. I usually let her level up, get a bunch of these feats, then Jedify her. ;) Bao-Dur was a little similar, simply because he is loaded with skill points and if you Jedify him (into a guardian) he loses a lot of skill points. The rest I pretty much made into Jedi as soon as I could.

Yeah on my second go-round I tried to not let Mira level up until I had enough influence with her so I could make her a Jedi sooner and give her more Force Powers

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Differing styles different music. They be their own maestros on their own scales. How's that you Berk.

I know what I want in KOTOR III

John Williams doing the music (nothing against the guy who did it last time, mind you [but no one can top Herr Maestro])

Well, he would be good. But on how they would perform it, better be an orchestra. (They did that in K2, so I expect them to do that again in K3.)

If the PC is once again the Exile and the Exile-Revan meeting is in the game, about how far in the game would that take place? Immediately, halfway or at the end? I personally think it should be halfway, as you can build into the climactic moment, and it's not so far back it's effect becomes underdeveloped.

What do you guys think?

DAWUSS

eh, we tried to get conjugal visits with the girlscouts across the lake but the ScoutMasters said no....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well, to try to get to the hall...

I would like to see a few movie style saber hilts. Maybe with some newer styles based around them (like having a certain style for Duel Sabers Only). And curved hilts that sort of thing. It's kinda hard not to repeat yourself after about 6 or 7 Threads of this.... we need new blood.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

underwear that's ACTUALLY underwear, not some ugky one-piece looking thingy

DAWUSS