KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Mastone I can tell you right now that not many people are going to like the whole "chosen one of prophesy". It's become wayyy to cliche. I would think the Jedi joe: wrong place at the wrong time, would be a better plot device

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think they've already given either Revan or the Exile that title. Heck, a good number of people on this forum think Revan was "The Man" before Anakin and Palpatine

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

If they go with a Chosen One story, then already right there that means the story won't be as strong as it could/should have been.

Plus, it diminishes the characters of Revan and the Exile. What made Revan special was because of the fact he was "the man" during this time period. Then came along the Exile and suddenly Revan isn't as special. If KOTOR3 has yet another "Chosen One with special powers that no one else has" that just tarnishes Revan even more.

I suppose one could argue that the Exile was deliberately made as an average Force user who just happened to have a couple of special abilities that put him in the elite category, but even still a new Chosen One will make the series seem goofy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

first of all i don't think that kotor1 was a chosen one story more off a love story he or she was really powerful though.

in kotor 2 the exile had a strong character and a powerful will but (above) average forcepower.

why can't kotor 3 be about someone who has the ability(read;high forcepower) to determine the outcome in the jedi/sith wars in the unknown regions.

if you think it's about there being to many 'strong in the force characters' that will make it a goofy story then i think you're wrong.

i mean in episode 3(the movie) there were several characters who were strong in the force; yoda, palpatine,anakin,windu.

so if i compared those characters with those in the game i would come up with this

revan===>yoda

exile====>windu

anakin===>kotor3 main character

palpatine=> kotor3 main villain

but if one of you had another suggestion about the kind of story kotor3 ought to tell; feel free ;)

And Episode III wasn't ridiculous? ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

by the way if some of you think that creating another strong in the force character then the game developers should incorporate a little dialog between a couple of members in the council;

man1: do you feel it?

woman1:y...yye....yes, bb..but that is impossible he/she is even strongerin the force than....

man2:.....revan

;)

i think music, that everybody had to much expectation about episode 3 than when the first trilogy was made .

But the overall concept about the 'movie starwars saga' wasn't bad.

in my opinion they had to slow the "turning to the darkside proces" of anakin down, make it more believeable that the little boy from episode1 turned into darth vader (episode 3).

so if i had to choose which episode of the movie saga was ridiculous it would be episode 2. ;)

by the way if some of you think that creating another strong in the force character then the game developers should incorporate  a little dialog between a couple of members in the council;

man1: do you feel it?

woman1:y...yye....yes, bb..but that is impossible he/she is even strongerin the force than....

man2:.....revan

;)

And therein you see how ridiculous your idea is: and I didn't have to do anything!

Really, the biggest hurdle with your "Chosen One" plot device, apart from it being so hackneyed that clich

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i don't want to create an all powerful jedi/sith who can beat every npc in the game without breaking a sweat as in kotor 1 and 2.

you begin at level 1 and your character develops into a powerful jedi but so will your enemies which will still give you the necessary challenge i only mean storiewise it will be fun to add a chosen one prophecie (side)-plot.

if you have another story idea please post it

so if i compared those characters with those in the game i would come up with this

revan===>yoda

exile====>windu

anakin===>kotor3 main character

palpatine=> kotor3 main villain

Now that you've got the subject of comparing KOTOR characters from movies:

Atton (pre-Jedi) ===> Han Solo

Kreia (sans everything Darth Traya) ====> Obi-Wan Kenobi

T3-M4 =====> R2-D2

HK-47 ====> Combo of IG-88 and C3PO

Atris (minus the whole being a ***** thing) =====> Leia Organa Solo

Mira ====> Mara Jade Skywalker

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I got that out of my system, I agree that a new "Chosen One"-like figure is a bad idea, it wouldn't be a bad idea to expand on that for either Revan or the Exile, since the notion is there. I'd rather play 3 as the Exile purely so we can resolve many of KOTOR II's plotholes and untied loose ends

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

On filling in the plotholes/tying loose ends or the whole development of the Chosen One figure for Revan or Exile? Or both?

DAWUSS

I agree that we have seen enough of the "Chosen One" device. That is not to say we will not see it again but it just makes it so much easier to write a compelling story when the PC has a pre-defined backstory.

I believe a solution would be to continue to use backstories but to have a number of different ones to choose from. Yes, this would mean more work for the devs but it would be sweet.

With video games becoming more cinematic, this produces a need for the video games to have a more clear-cut objective. The predefined backstory helps connect the dots. OK, fine, but give us more than one backstory to choose from. They will all connect the dots but it will give us the illusion of choice. The illusion of choice is sometimes just as good as real choices.

I also like the idea of not being "stuck" with a certain mentor and for there to be different ones for LS and for DS. Also, when you go prestige class, your teacher tells you to go seak out so-and-so and he will teach you the higher mysteries of the Force.

Multiple teachers = more illusion of choices and depth.

revan wasn't the chosen one, the exile wasn't either.

they were both strong in the force in their one way but they had to be because they had to be in order to defeat the so called true sith.

I mean when i talked tp kreia about this she said something like ; do you think that the ones we fought are sith? you are mistaken (this emplies that the sith you've fought in the game were push-overs compared to the true sith).

Now what if the sith lord in the unknown regions has great power greater than revan or the exile.

then i think it isn't so strange that the story has a chosen one prophecy maybe even as a sideplot to create more depth into the story.

and as i said earlier give another plot outline if you have something that is. :blink:

i don't want to create an all powerful jedi/sith who can beat every npc in the game without breaking a sweat as in kotor 1 and 2.

you begin at level 1 and your character develops  into a powerful jedi  but so will your enemies which will still give you the necessary challenge i only mean storiewise it will be fun to add a chosen one prophecie (side)-plot.

if you have another story idea please post it

No.

Posting story ideas is for self-aggrandizing wannabe writers and invederate fanboys, both of which do not describe me.

I have already posted technical ideas for both plot and character development and execution; try reading the previous twelve threads, I appear in a significant portion! ;)

:blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In terms of the technical side and dialogue, I'd like it if in K3 once you use a dialogue choice, it disappears from the available choices.

That was one of my main beefs with TSL was the fact that especially further into the game when there are quite a few dialogue trees, it gets confusing which ones I've already chosen since they all remain.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In terms of the technical side and dialogue, I'd like it if in K3 once you use a dialogue choice, it disappears from the available choices.

That was one of my main beefs with TSL was the fact that especially further into the game when there are quite a few dialogue trees, it gets confusing which ones I've already chosen since they all remain.

I know what you mean, but the advantage of leaving it in is that you can revisit a conversation if you forgot what a person said. I actually liked that, though you're right that it was best with those conversations that got altered from "What can you tell me of Atris?" to "Tell me about Atris again" or similar when repeated.

Though it might look a bit silly, I'd prefer if they flag an conversation option you've already had with the a "[Repeat]" notification or such, so that you know you've already been there. The player might not remember, but the character bloody well should :luck:

I know what you mean, but the advantage of leaving it in is that you can revisit a conversation if you forgot what a person said. I actually liked that, though you're right that it was best with those conversations that got altered from "What can you tell me of Atris?" to "Tell me about Atris again" or similar when repeated.

I don't mind if the dialogue options re-appeared if you re-visit a character, but if you're talking to them in one "session" then after you use a dialogue option it should disappear.

If you then end the conversation, go do something else, and come back, then the options can all re-appear.

Though it might look a bit silly, I'd prefer if they flag an conversation option you've already had with the a "[Repeat]" notification or such, so that you know you've already been there. The player might not remember, but the character bloody well should :luck:

I'd rather they stopped repeating dialogue and instead implemented a decent journal system, one which logged not only quests but also important information and rumours that you've heard during your journey. I know you need to keep such things brief these days for the non-attentive gamer, but a short 'bios of people I've met' section would be OK.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

^^That would work. It would save the clutter and confusion during dialogue when you're trying to figure out which options you've already used and which are new.

I'd rather they stopped repeating dialogue and instead implemented a decent journal system, one which logged not only quests but also important information and rumours that you've heard during your journey.  I know you need to keep such things brief these days for the non-attentive gamer, but a short 'bios of people I've met' section would be OK.

Jade Empire seems to have a good journal/clue system. They would be well to incorporate something like that.

In my opinion, Jade Empire is a truely great game (even though, content-wise, it is a little short).

I also like the fact that, for all practical purposes, there is no inventory management...if your character buys a better staff, you no longer have the old one, etc. Now, that might be harder to do with KOTOR but incorporating that to some extent would be a positive thing, IMO. We either need an old-fashioned encumberance system or something closer to the Jade Empire inventory system.

The clunky system we have now needs to go.

I think the inventory system could be made more efficient if they made better use of the Ebon Hawk storage capacity. Add some kind of weight limit to a character's carry capacity, then everything else must be stored aboard the Ebon Hawk.

Now while you could argue that the player would still have access to the stuff, it would require travelling back to the Ebon Hawk to get the gear, and in some cases (such as Telos, and first time on Onderon) you can't get back to the Ebon Hawk until after a certain criteria is met. Thus you'd have to equip your character wisely.