Hanharr Attribute Bugs?

I have encountered 2 problems with Hanharr's attribute points, both soon after he joined my party and I was using him with Kreia to rescue my character on Goto's Yacht.

The first problem happened when I got my character back in the audience chamber and I talked to Kreia about my prestige class. After choosing Sith Lord, I got like 10,000 automatic exp to push me to 120,000 exp so I could start leveling up as Sith Lord. My other party members Hanharr and Kreia got automatic exp too, and they had enough to level to 15. While I was leveling Hanharr, all his attributes were 8(8/8/8/8/8/:wub:, instead of the normal 24/13/22/10/8. And he only got 2 skill points to spend instead of the normal 3. After I was done leveling him up, his attributes reverted to normal(24/13/22/10/:p. But, he permanently lost the 1 skill point.

The second problem happened later when I was talking to Hanharr to gain influence. I took the dialogue route starting with asking him why he was following me, and ended up breaking his will and getting him to permanently gain 2 STR while losing 2 INT. Problem was, next time I started dialogue with him, the "Why are you following me?" option was still there, and tried it, and broke his will again. He got +2STR,-2INT again. Each time I broke his will I also got Dark Side points and 1000 exp. I kept doing it because the option was always there the next time I talked to him. I got his stats to 32/12/22/3/8 before exiting the game in frusttration, but the option was still there and I could have gotten him 50 STR or more, I bet.

I have patch 1.0b. I assume both of these problems are unintended by game design and were caused by bugs. The -1 skill point doesn't bother me that much, but I want to bring Hanharr's strength back down to earth by reloading my last save and stopping after breaking Hanharr's will once. But I wonder if that dialogue option's persistence prevents me from getting to another dialogue option that's supposed to be unlocked by breaking Hanharr's will. I read somewhere that he could improve my character's stats including CON. Does this bug prevent that from ever happening?

Some questions here, some answers, but not all

1. The 8/8/8/etc. is not Hanharr specific bug. I had it happened with T3 and Bao-Dur, just keeping them alone for a while fixed it (just waited a while before using the level-up)

A hanharr specific upgrade bug is like he suddenly turns pink on the upgrade screen (happened to me :wub: )

2. I think that he should give you a constitution point some times, don't know for certain. What I do know for certain:

You can also get a Wisdom point of him by asking him about the Mandalorian Wars or another point about history

After breaking his will go to Kreia, she will give you an additional +1 strenght and +2 constitution

Thanks, I need the constitution badly for d-class implants. As long as there are no further dialogue options that were supposed to become available only after breaking Hanharr's will, I'm not really missing anything.

The first problem happened when I got my character back in the audience chamber and I talked to Kreia about my prestige class. After choosing Sith Lord, I got like 10,000 automatic exp to push me to 120,000 exp so I could start leveling up as Sith Lord. My other party members Hanharr and Kreia got automatic exp too, and they had enough to level to 15. While I was leveling Hanharr, all his attributes were 8(8/8/8/8/8/8), instead of the normal 24/13/22/10/8. And he only got 2 skill points to spend instead of the normal 3. After I was done leveling him up, his attributes reverted to normal(24/13/22/10/8). But, he permanently lost the 1 skill point.

Yes, I've run into that bug myself, though not for Hanharr. The last time I managed to fix it, though. When it happened, I cancelled (because my skill points were suffering, and that was actually important) and retried a few times with the same result. Then I tried cancelling out of advancement, saving the game, and then reloading it. That didn't help.

But then I tried exiting the current game (but KotOR itself) and then reloading my quicksave. Worked like a charm. Try that if the problem persists. That is, if it happens, cancel out of level-up progression, then save, then exit the game, and finally reload your game.

if you keep doing the +2 strength -2 intelligence thing, eventually for some reason his intelligence shoots up to something like 255  :o

Probably because the number tries to go into the negative and can't, so it begins counting from the top again - the maximum of four hex digits (FFFF) translates to exactly 255 in the decimal system.

Still, that's just scary - a smart Hanharr?

Exile: "Oh there you are Hanharr. Glad to see you. Heard you had a disagreement with Disciple, but since you're sitting here all quiet now, I guess you sorted out your problems... What are you doing, anyway?"

Hanharr [translated from Wookiee]: "Oh, I'm having an old friend for dinner...." :o