Good Rpg's

OK I seem to be going through a phase of playing RPG'S and I wonder if there are any you mighty fine people would like to reccomend for either PS2 or PC. At the moment I have:

Final Fantasy X (PS2)

kingdom Hearts (PS2)

KoTOR 1 (PC)

KoTOR 2 (PC)

any recomendations would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Shadow :)

Umm, the only RPG I've played for PC is Diablo II, an oldie. Even still, it's a great game if you love a hack and slash click fest. :) It's a very different RPG than the KOTORS or others. Each class also has their own unique skill/spell tree that no other class has. If you can get over the dated graphics and love point and click killing as well as medieval weaponry, I'd recommend it. :)

OK I seem to be going through a phase of playing RPG'S and I wonder if there are any you mighty fine people can reccomend for either PS2 or PC at the moment I have:

Final Fantasy X (PS2)

kingdom Hearts (PS2)

KoTOR 1 (PC)

KoTOR 2 (PC)

any recomendations would ne helpful

Thanks in advance

Shadow  :)

I can only recommend some PC ones.

Baldurs Gate 1 & 2

Planescape: Torment

Fallout 1 & 2

Neverwinter Nights

Icewind Dale 1 & 2

Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines

Those are the one's I've played and have found some sort of enjoyment out of.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

beware teh bovine kingdom!!! IT will kill you...

I'm going to have to add LOTR the 3rd age, Xenogears, Final Fantasy's 6-8 (not sure about nine), and point out that technically D2 isn't a rpg it's a action rpg. Most RPG's don't have the running around and battling on the main area...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The other Final Fantasys(except maybe 8)

Ultima 7

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm really digging System Shock 2 at the moment, too. Will definitely be running the guantlet and trying to run the original System Shock on my XP machine ...

What kind of game is System Shock?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh, okay, then.

It appears to be your garden variety generic super-intelligent-meglomaniacal-computer-tries-to-take-over-the-world plot and you (the chosen one in the wrong place at the wrong time) have to kill it. After levelling up enough, of course.

(I haven't played it yet, but the sequel runs very well on XP, so I played that one first. The original is DOS-based. 8))

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, Shodan doesn't want to take over the world. Getting rid of you will suffice for the moment. 8)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Well, there are these huge spiders who aren't really spi...ehhm nothing. 8)

kirottu said:

No.  I've never played the game before so I wasn't sure what setting it was based upon.

The second one (that I am currently enjoying for the first time) is very Deus Ex, so if you liked Spector's work, you'll probably go for the System Shocks ... and the best news is that Bioshock (the third game of the series) is currently in development!

:cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Arcanum is a classic. It has a big, immersive world where you can role-play many different kinds of characters from dwarven technologists to elven magicians and idiotic half-ogres who can barely speak.

Arcanum is a classic. It has a big, immersive world where you can role-play many different kinds of characters from dwarven technologists to elven magicians and idiotic half-ogres who can barely speak.

Dang...I forgot all about that game. I was going to pick it up when it was relesed but got distracted by other games. I still like Diablo II, though. :thumbsup: Not to mention that it has a ridiculously huge amount of replay value, especially considering all the possible combinations of character skills, weapons, armor, and items you can use. And of course, the maps and items are randomly generated, so you won't go through the same evironment twice.

I will argue that Zelda is not an RPG in ay sense. There is no stat-based gameplay, or character development. Nintendo classifies the game as Adventure title, and always has.

I can't believe Diablo is being nominated alongside titles like Planescape Torment.

Is the original poster looking for games with emphasis on story or action?

Well, a bunch of others have mentioned Fallout 1 and 2, the KotOR games, Planescape: Torment, etc. All decent games.

I also like The Summoner (the first one). Trouble is it doesn't seem to run on Windows XP, so I can't play it anymore :( It's rather simple, but there are some very nicely done suprises in the plot along the way, and some of the background info is really great - I love that they have tales in a village by the lake, that the lake will flood the village and drown everybody if the dragon that lives in the mountains is ever sad, and so they have a festival of fun each year to keep it amused. It's probably completely stolen from chinese mythology or some such, but they use of it was good. They do reuse some of the areas way too much, though, particularly Lenele (those who've played will nod in agreement here...)

The Gothic games are also good. I only finished the first one, but they both have pretty good plot and try to be fairly open. No. 1 can easily be made unsolvable on that account on several points, so I'd advice playing with a guide and keeping many savegames... The combat system isn't exactly my favorite in either game, either... But they're still good games IMHO: